The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

For me, it's the other way around
More power to you. I personally never want to live outside the US. This is my home. Even if I were to choose not to live in Maryland, I still would want to live in the states.

I think even when you leave your country or origin, even when a new place becomes your home, there's still a part of you that remains with your original country. One of my best friends is Liberian. She's been here for over ten years, and she will never go back there. It's literally not safe there. Yet, you can still tell she misses it. Every now and then, she'll start talking about it and how she wishes things could be different.

donaldtoo

@21stamps I showed ds the meccano robot and he already knew about it. He said it had bad reviews. He also went into a rant on how meccano was bought by Spin Master and now a lot of their parts are plastic, and then somehow he got into Lego again where he said Mega Blocks is now making the Sponge Bob sets, where Lego had been making them. Then he went back to Meccano and just said they are a shell of what they used to be. Oy, what have I created?:hilarious:

A discerning kiddo that will grow into a smart adult...?!!! :cyclops: ;) :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Watchin' another auto auction.
Good grief, there is some AWESOME stuff rollin' across the block...wish I had an extra cool million layin' 'round...!!! ;):)

My eldest brother used to be one of the drivers for those auto auction places (North Carolina). (These were not the luxury car market; they were regular, used vehicles.)

It was relaxed and really easy money for him--a bunch of (these driver employees) would get into cars, and drive them in a circle, or at one point, in a straight line. Lots of buyers were watching, and would come up and ask questions about how the car handled, etc. Bro told me that most of the buyers were from dealers. And the southern cars were more in demand because they didn't have the usual winter damage/corrosion that the northern cars would have from winters.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
More power to you. I personally never want to live outside the US. This is my home. Even if I were to choose not to live in Maryland, I still would want to live in the states.

I think even when you leave your country or origin, even when a new place becomes your home, there's still a part of you that remains with your original country. One of my best friends is Liberian. She's been here for over ten years, and she will never go back there. It's literally not safe there. Yet, you can still tell she misses it. Every now and then, she'll start talking about it and how she wishes things could be different.

Yah, it's like the Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home!" I think @FutureCEO would really enjoy living in Great Britain and it would be a wonderful life experience. But as you said, there may be a point in time where he might get homesick. But that would be down the road a bit.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A couple pictures from our excursion to Fort de Soto State Park. We saw some dolphins, hikes a nature trail, saw a historic fort (I included a sign for you @MinnieM123 ), and ate at a beach bar. I had blackened chicken tacos. Heading to our hotel pool and beach soon!
View attachment 290487View attachment 290488View attachment 290489View attachment 290490View attachment 290491View attachment 290492View attachment 290493View attachment 290494

Thank you for including the sign for FORT DE SOTO. I love reading historical landmark signs. (I took after my father in that regard.)

I also LOVE the food picture!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donaldtoo

My eldest brother used to be one of the drivers for those auto auction places (North Carolina). (These were not the luxury car market; they were regular, used vehicles.)

It was relaxed and really easy money for him--a bunch of (these driver employees) would get into cars, and drive them in a circle, or at one point, in a straight line. Lots of buyers were watching, and would come up and ask questions about how the car handled, etc. Bro told me that most of the buyers were from dealers. And the southern cars were more in demand because they didn't have the usual winter damage/corrosion that the northern cars would have from winters.

That is cool!!! :) And yep, our cars survive our "winters" down here much better...!!! ;)

This one was a bit disappointing to me. There were a bunch of newer cars and modified older ones, as opposed to the mostly originally restored antiques and classics in the one I watched last weekend.
Don't get me wrong, I luvs me some hotrods, but, I much prefer cars that are as restored to original as possible...I'm sentimental that way...!!! ;) :)

donaldtoo

I am hoping that one day she will return. I think she was as you said showing strength through shock. I hope she wasn't pushed in a way she didn't want to go. Her daughter's home life was not the most stable and Betty Rose's husband seemed to be the strength in the family. Prayers for her.

Yep, definitely all of that.
I just pray, every day, that she is OK.
She brought so much light to us all and is a beautiful soul.

donaldtoo

Good that you forgave him, but some things are just common sense, although there are signs up in the pediatricians office that says not to leave kids in a hot car alone. You would not think that that would have to be printed. Maybe some people need a parenting course before they have kids.

Yep, and ususlly, anyone that needs a "parenting course" dosen't need to be a parent in the first place...again, not rocket science...it should be, mostly, innate.

21stamps

Yep, and ususlly, anyone that needs a "parenting course" dosen't need to be a parent in the first place...again, not rocket science...it should be, mostly, innate.

I took a parenting class (it was kinda hippy-ish about baby wearing, baby bonding with active mom time, sign language, not letting kids cry too much, making baby foods, and cloth diapering- which you don’t even want to know my struggle with that decision ;) ), and a birthing class, a car seat installation class, and a breastfeeding class.
Outside of seeing my niece and nephew on holidays or quick visits, I didn’t have any experience with Kids. Nada. I signed up for any and every class I could!

Funny story- At one of my showers a friend gifted me with “PeePee TeePees”. They were so cute, one set had footballs and the other had sailboats (the theme of the nursery)... I asked why/what they are for.. I was told that a boy could pee on you while changing his diaper. I had no clue. I had never thought of that before! :hilarious::facepalm:

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I took a parenting class (it was kinda hippy-ish about baby wearing, baby bonding with active mom time, sign language, not letting kids cry too much, making baby foods, and cloth diapering- which you don’t even want to know my struggle with that decision ;) ), and a birthing class, a car seat installation class, and a breastfeeding class.
Outside of seeing my niece and nephew on holidays or quick visits, I didn’t have any experience with Kids. Nada. I signed up for any and every class I could!

Funny story- At one of my showers a friend gifted me with “PeePee TeePees”. They were so cute, one set had footballs and the other had sailboats (the theme of the nursery)... I asked why/what they are for.. I was told that a boy could pee on you while changing his diaper. I had no clue. I had never thought of that before! :hilarious::facepalm:

Aren't babies meant to cry? Though I agree with making your own baby food. Who knows what chemicals are in those sold in stores.

21stamps

Aren't babies meant to cry? Though I agree with making your own baby food. Who knows what chemicals are in those sold in stores.

Sign language stops the crying because you know what the baby wants. It was soooo great!!! The first 4 months were a little trickier ;)....but no, now “they” say that babies aren’t supposed to cry themselves to sleep etc. I loved making T’s baby food.. I’m not sure if that’s why he’s not a picky eater, but I like to think that it is. There was so many great ideas and different foods other than the standard/traditional “baby foods”, and of course I felt better that it was all fresh and organic.. or at least fresh until I froze it.

FutureCEO

So about 6mths ago, I finally switched from Verizon, the most expensive network (I was getting a loyalty plan but I was still paying $70/mth) to Virgin Mobile. Anyway, Virgin Mobile (Sprint network) is actually better outside than Verizon where I work but I can't get anything inside the building for data.

My promotion period of 6 mths for $1/mth is up and my bill is going up to normal :( Though I probably won't stay with them because they're only selling Iphones soon and I want to switch to Android.

I refuse to pay more than $200. I would say $100 but I fear that's a lost cause.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom