The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

OK, we just hit our first triple digit static air temp of the year, and check out that heat index…!!!!! 🤣
(An overnight rain a coupla’ nights ago has driven the humidity sky high.)

View attachment 786296
Desert like hot and the clean up after the recent storm that wrecked parts of Houston makes it more challenging. Friends in the area have never seen anything like it. Can’t wait for county services to help. Homeowners have been using personal chain saws to cut up the trees that collapsed on homes driveways and streets.

donaldtoo

Desert like hot and the clean up after the recent storm that wrecked parts of Houston makes it more challenging. Friends in the area have never seen anything like it. Can’t wait for county services to help. Homeowners have been using personal chain saws to cut up the trees that collapsed on homes driveways and streets.

Yea, one of my BILs and his wife live in Houston.
Fortunately, the only issues they had was a loss of power, for a relatively short period of time, and their back door kept blowing in.
As of this morning, I heard that 2 EF-1 tornadoes have been confirmed for the suburbs, along with straight-line winds, but all the downtown damage is still being attributed to only straight-line winds.
As far as I can remember, Houston has never had straight-line winds like that that didn’t involve a hurricane.
Just crazy.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does....does this mean I gotta go shopping at Target now?

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Lilofan

Now that "Studying is making me hungry season" is over it's "yardwork makes me hungry season":banghead::banghead::banghead:
Oatmeal raisin cookies provided huge incentives. When my mom back in the day raked the fall leaves one crisp afternoon day she saw the neighborhood kids walk by. She asked them if they could help her rake and bag up the leaves she would give them some of her homemade cookies. From that day on every time she raked the leaves the same kids showed up to help. We would have but we were at baseball practice in the afternoons then my mom would pick us up after we were done then reheat our dinner then did lesson plans for her next day of work at her school . A moms work is never done.

StarWarsGirl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom