The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Yay for an afternoon of reading and for rereading the Bridgerton books. I have reread a few to get ready for the new season of the show. I binged the episodes of the new season on Friday day/Saturday morning on my own as my husband was out of town. Then he wanted to watch the new season last night so we watched the first three episodes together. Penelope and Collin's story is my favorite in the book series so I'm eager to see what all is down in the Netflix series, so far I'm ok with what has been done. The first time I read Francessca's story I wasn't a huge fan but on a reread I liked it a lot, it's maybe my second favorite of the series now so seeing part of her story in the new season is interesting.
Have you read the prequels to Bridgerton? I might reread those this summer.
Yes!!! I binged the episodes of the new season, too. I watched the first 3 with E, and then watched the last one by myself because she was studying for exams. Tomorrow is her 18th birthday, she has no exams tomorrow, and she has requested we watch Clueless and eat cheetos. (There's a scene where they have a big huge bowl of cheetos, and it always makes her crave them. It's REALLY hard to get them here. There's one store that sometimes sells them, but they hadn't had them for MONTHS, and they finally had them again on Mother's day, so we restocked.) I wish we could watch more, but she has her Math exam on Thursday, which is the only one left that she actually needs to practice/study for. She has all the other hard ones behind her. Today was Chemistry and she thinks she pretty much aced that one. But she promised her math teacher that she'd get at least an 8 on this exam, so she really can't slack. The national average for pretty much everything except English is around a 6, at least in previous years. Apparently our town is in the lowest 10 with percentage of students who pass and graduate. Yikes. All this to say, there won't be any binging for her birthday. She hasn't read the books, though, and we already binged it, but I do like watching more than once, and she apparently also promised her friend she'd watch this season with her, so now she has to binge the second half with her when it comes out. Collin and Pen's story is my favorite, too. I didn't like Benedict's as much, because it's basically Cinderella...I find it lacking in originality. And I'm on that one right now in my re-read, so I haven't reread Francesca's story yet, but I really enjoyed seeing the stuff from this season about her!

Which ones are the prequels? I read one about Billie, and one about a widow or something...It takes place in the US and the woman goes to find her brother I think? And has to pretend she's married to this guy? I think that was it...there was a lot of Dutch stuff in that one, because it was in New York, which was New Amsterdam for a while because of the number of Dutch immigrants there. I THINK I've read all of the Bridgerton stories that were out as of a year or two ago, but I'd have to look.

wdwfan4ver

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes!!! I binged the episodes of the new season, too. I watched the first 3 with E, and then watched the last one by myself because she was studying for exams. Tomorrow is her 18th birthday, she has no exams tomorrow, and she has requested we watch Clueless and eat cheetos. (There's a scene where they have a big huge bowl of cheetos, and it always makes her crave them. It's REALLY hard to get them here. There's one store that sometimes sells them, but they hadn't had them for MONTHS, and they finally had them again on Mother's day, so we restocked.) I wish we could watch more, but she has her Math exam on Thursday, which is the only one left that she actually needs to practice/study for. She has all the other hard ones behind her. Today was Chemistry and she thinks she pretty much aced that one. But she promised her math teacher that she'd get at least an 8 on this exam, so she really can't slack. The national average for pretty much everything except English is around a 6, at least in previous years. Apparently our town is in the lowest 10 with percentage of students who pass and graduate. Yikes. All this to say, there won't be any binging for her birthday. She hasn't read the books, though, and we already binged it, but I do like watching more than once, and she apparently also promised her friend she'd watch this season with her, so now she has to binge the second half with her when it comes out. Collin and Pen's story is my favorite, too. I didn't like Benedict's as much, because it's basically Cinderella...I find it lacking in originality. And I'm on that one right now in my re-read, so I haven't reread Francesca's story yet, but I really enjoyed seeing the stuff from this season about her!

Which ones are the prequels? I read one about Billie, and one about a widow or something...It takes place in the US and the woman goes to find her brother I think? And has to pretend she's married to this guy? I think that was it...there was a lot of Dutch stuff in that one, because it was in New York, which was New Amsterdam for a while because of the number of Dutch immigrants there. I THINK I've read all of the Bridgerton stories that were out as of a year or two ago, but I'd have to look.

Violet and Edmund's story is in the Happily Ever after book (book 9)
1716332607399.png

and then there are 3 prequels I think.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Man im about to unfriend someone from my social media because their obsession over Cionel Perez on the Orioles is a little too much. They attack anyone who criticizes his play, takes pictures off their television to post on IG and even had someone else take a pic of THEIR tv to send to her....so she could post it on IG. I get supporting players and what not but this is downright stalkerish.

StarWarsGirl

Man im about to unfriend someone from my social media because their obsession over Cionel Perez on the Orioles is a little too much. They attack anyone who criticizes his play, takes pictures off their television to post on IG and even had someone else take a pic of THEIR tv to send to her....so she could post it on IG. I get supporting players and what not but this is downright stalkerish.
I'm sorry, over...Pérez?

I could maybe kind of get it over Adley or Gunnar but...Pérez?

Lilofan

Yesterday was a spider
Today was a bee.

I killed them both but what's next.

And yes, killing the bee was sad because there is not many left. But all insects must not come to my place and expect to live.
Are your cockroaches are as big as in FL and GA or what is called a palmetto bugs?

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Dude they will purposely get seats in the outfield so they can take pics of him while hes just sitting there, or any time he gets up. They claim they know his wife and everything else. Its bad.
That's just weird. Especially for a guy who has a 5 point something ERA. My dad actually has met Cal's wife and we just kind of look and go "Oh yeah, there's Cal and his wife." And he's a much bigger deal. Though I definitely would have said hello and shook his hand that one game when he passed me if I wasn't stuffing my face, lol.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That's just weird. Especially for a guy who has a 5 point something ERA. My dad actually has met Cal's wife and we just kind of look and go "Oh yeah, there's Cal and his wife." And he's a much bigger deal. Though I definitely would have said hello and shook his hand that one game when he passed me if I wasn't stuffing my face, lol.

The person just put up another post saying they were gonna bid on his game used hat from the mothers day game against the Diamondbacks. Oh god.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom