The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And we have its cousin...the USS Hamburger!
View attachment 786297
Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

Lilofan

There was a very fat ship called USS CALIFORNIA ( BB44) that fit the description :p

View attachment 786302
My aunt's first husband was retired US Navy after 20 years of service. He was gone several months of every year at sea on deployment. Regardless of how big the ship was, sailors still slept in their floating coffins or racks. Some sailors were the unlucky ones who were hot racking with other sailors.

donaldtoo

My aunt's first husband was retired US Navy after 20 years of service. He was gone several months of every year at sea on deployment. Regardless of how big the ship was, sailors still slept in their floating coffins or racks. Some sailors were the unlucky ones who were hot racking with other sailors.

I have a nephew who was in the Navy for a short stint. He got out as quick as he could, as, among other things, he couldn’t stand the close quarters, plus he’s 6’-5” tall.

Several years ago, we and our kids toured the USS Lexington docked in Corpus Christi.
Man the quarters were tight and the ceilings were so low everywhere. The only place with a ton of room and high ceilings was, of course, the hangar deck.
It was a great tour, but there was this 1 display that had very graphic pics of the aftermath of a Kamikazi attack, that DWifey and the girls didn’t want to look at.
Of course, DS and myself were interested…!!!!! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Songbird76

I pulled a stupid!! I COMPLETELY forgot it's a holiday here, so I didn't get groceries for today, and all the stores are closed. I know exactly how it happened, but it just makes me feel dumb. Normally, the school schedules would alert me to the fact that there's a holiday, but because they are in exams for the next couple of weeks instead of having classes, I didn't have any school vacations listed, and the store where I work isn't usually opened on Sundays anyway, so I just spaced that it's a holiday. And the really stupid thing is that we postponed Mother's day and E's birthday (this Wednesday) celebrations because of exams, so the kids could study without having to take time out to celebrate and could just focus on exams. But now, the only way to eat is to order in or to go out, which we didn't want to have to do, because E, especially, doesn't feel like she has time to go out because she needs to be doing practice exams, etc.

The good news is that I guess I have more time to read. I'm rereading the Bridgerton books because season 3 just came out and I can't remember what is and isn't in the books. Since I can't go grocery shopping or anything, and the weather is code yellow for storms this afternoon, and E is locked in her room doing practice exams, I guess I will spend my day reading!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I pulled a stupid!! I COMPLETELY forgot it's a holiday here, so I didn't get groceries for today, and all the stores are closed. I know exactly how it happened, but it just makes me feel dumb. Normally, the school schedules would alert me to the fact that there's a holiday, but because they are in exams for the next couple of weeks instead of having classes, I didn't have any school vacations listed, and the store where I work isn't usually opened on Sundays anyway, so I just spaced that it's a holiday. And the really stupid thing is that we postponed Mother's day and E's birthday (this Wednesday) celebrations because of exams, so the kids could study without having to take time out to celebrate and could just focus on exams. But now, the only way to eat is to order in or to go out, which we didn't want to have to do, because E, especially, doesn't feel like she has time to go out because she needs to be doing practice exams, etc.

The good news is that I guess I have more time to read. I'm rereading the Bridgerton books because season 3 just came out and I can't remember what is and isn't in the books. Since I can't go grocery shopping or anything, and the weather is code yellow for storms this afternoon, and E is locked in her room doing practice exams, I guess I will spend my day reading!

Yay for an afternoon of reading and for rereading the Bridgerton books. I have reread a few to get ready for the new season of the show. I binged the episodes of the new season on Friday day/Saturday morning on my own as my husband was out of town. Then he wanted to watch the new season last night so we watched the first three episodes together. Penelope and Collin's story is my favorite in the book series so I'm eager to see what all is down in the Netflix series, so far I'm ok with what has been done. The first time I read Francessca's story I wasn't a huge fan but on a reread I liked it a lot, it's maybe my second favorite of the series now so seeing part of her story in the new season is interesting.
Have you read the prequels to Bridgerton? I might reread those this summer.

StarWarsGirl

Yay for reading.

I read the first Bridgerton book, but THAT scene turned me off from the series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom