The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Jodie Foster Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Lilofan

For where I live, the first thing to know if a place is not authentic Mexican food is if the place has the name "Taco Bell". I live in Wisconsin. Taco Bell did have great caramel apple empanadas and cinnamon twists.

There actually are places in Wisconsin that do have authentic Mexican food based on what I read.
All states I’ve visited I’ve found really good and tasty Mexican cuisine. The best I’ve tried was in TX and CA. Mexican and other immigrant staff are the backbone of the entire food and beverage industry. As the late and famous foodie chef Anthony Bourdain advised the person who cooked your expensive French meal in NYC was probably a Mexican. He also advised if immigrants no longer worked in the industry, the industry would collapse.

93boomer

Premium Member
The options range from really good to what the bleep were they thinking. Cakes, muffins, pancakes and such are hard to tell apart if done right, pasta is hit or miss, with some being really good, bread is what's hard to find.
The one thing Disney has never done well is qs pizza but their gf version is better than the usual crud they serve:eek:
Anyhoo we don't eat at Via Napoli as I'm afraid to breathe the air and we don't eat at CHH due to dh's shellfish allergy
In Dec when our DD and SIL went with us, they had to special order the GF Mickey waffles. They said they were yummy. Couldn’t taste the difference.
You are right about some things GF. I’ve tasted some when we are visiting them with their allergies. Most GF foods taste really good.

93boomer

Premium Member
The gluten free Mickey waffles are actually pretty close to the regular ones. That was the one time I was like "this is actually fine" lol. You're not missing out on Via Napoli, and I don't eat at CHH pretty much for the same reason. I can pretty much have the chicken nuggets on the menu there. Might as well go elsewhere.

The worst one for me is Poly. The luau was the worst. I know people miss it...I will not. O'hana we won't do because I can't eat 75% of their menu. Kona I can do. Captain Cook's for breakfast is fine. I can do their pizza (which their flatbreads are okay, not like what they serve at Pizzarizzo or Pizzafari) and I can do their burger, but I usually opt to order from the bar outside by the pool. I can get the Dole Whip there because they have several non-pineapple options.
I just posted my comment before reading yours about the waffles. 👍🏻

Figgy1

Premium Member
In Dec when our DD and SIL went with us, they had to special order the GF Mickey waffles. They said they were yummy. Couldn’t taste the difference.
You are right about some things GF. I’ve tasted some when we are visiting them with their allergies. Most GF foods taste really good.
A must do every trip https://www.erinmckennasbakery.com/ Everything is as good or better than the original All GF/DF/refined sugar free............

Lilofan

The options range from really good to what the bleep were they thinking. Cakes, muffins, pancakes and such are hard to tell apart if done right, pasta is hit or miss, with some being really good, bread is what's hard to find.
The one thing Disney has never done well is qs pizza but their gf version is better than the usual crud they serve:eek:
Anyhoo we don't eat at Via Napoli as I'm afraid to breathe the air and we don't eat at CHH due to dh's shellfish allergy
The water quality sucks in FL thereby breads , pizza etc really terrible quality. Night and day compared to NYC and NJ where water quality is superior and cuisine shows. As an Italian pizza owner told me when I visited my NJ places for Italian bakeries , pizza, real bagels and others , “ it’s all because of the water “. There was a pizza owner years ago that imported water from NYC to FL to make his pizza and bread but he closed a few years later.

Lilofan

Disney pizza = Sbarro's they sell in malls and movie theaters. And surprisingly they still have long lines
Sbarro or the below average pizza served in malls in my area have long lines because its the only place for pizza , quick comfort food , customers want something to eat fast so they can do more shopping and or can't find a table at the food court.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom