The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I love the smell every time (and I'm not fond of perfumes and cologne) I walk into the Norway Frozen shops.
Every time I enter the Norway gift shop the cologne smell is so overpowering it reminds me of the 1980s CK1 scent with a pic of Marky Mark showing off his big guns and baggy shorts. Spraying yourself with that stuff and melting out in the Orlando heat is not a good smell combo.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Every time I enter the Norway gift shop the cologne smell is so overpowering it reminds me of the 1980s CK1 scent with a pic of Marky Mark showing off his big guns and baggy shorts. Spraying yourself with that stuff and melting out in the Orlando heat is not a good smell combo.

You need something that ages like a fine wine:

3916F978-58AE-450A-B116-1A41999B8086.jpeg

The drawback is that every time I pick up the bottle I need to remind myself that it goes on me, and not into the car.

Goofyernmost

You need something that ages like a fine wine:

View attachment 782735

The drawback is that every time I pick up the bottle I need to remind myself that it goes on me, and not into the car.
Does anyone remember these...

1714603619182.png
My favorites were English Leather and Canoe but used them all except Pinaud. Never actually heard of that one but it looks like it was cheaper by the gallon. I still use Aqua Velva because "there's something about an Aqua Velva man". English Leather and Canoe were the most used during the 60's though. Brylcreem requires hair, so I'm not part of that party and never was even when I had hair. I never liked the greasy look. However, all those fragrances were designed to attract the ladies but we never stopped to ask them which one the liked the most. Women were also doing the same thing with perfumes and sometimes they at least asked. My favorite for a woman was Chantilly Lace (the fragrance). It probably still is but at my age my world seems to be surrounded with the enticing fragrance of Arthritis Cream.

Figgy1

Premium Member

View attachment 782742
My favorites were English Leather and Canoe but used them all except Pinaud. Never actually heard of that one but it looks like it was cheaper by the gallon. I still use Aqua Velva because "there's something about an Aqua Velva man". English Leather and Canoe were the most used during the 60's though. Brylcreem requires hair, so I'm not part of that party and never was even when I had hair. I never liked the greasy look. However, all those fragrances were designed to attract the ladies but we never stopped to ask them which one the liked the most. Women were also doing the same thing with perfumes and sometimes they at least asked. My favorite for a woman was Chantilly Lace (the fragrance). It probably still is but at my age my world seems to be surrounded with the enticing fragrance of Arthritis Cream.
Old Spice runs commercials, continuously:cautious:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

View attachment 782742

I think Elvis wore Brut 33.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

View attachment 782742
Back in the day, I was a big fan of English Leather. ☺️

StarWarsGirl

You could always go to Houston or Austin, there are some places that indeed do offer authentic food.
They are not that hard to find as their service is classic sit down restaurant than the usual US style service.
I feel like it's not super hard to find authentic Mexican places in most of the US. The trick is to find a place that looks like a hole in the wall, has a Spanish name, is run by Mexicans, and is super cheap with a gigantic menu. Pretty much guaranteed to have the best food.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 782742
My dad used Brut a lot. I don’t remember the smell though.

93boomer

Premium Member
and so it officially begins. Dh is home and in bed:arghh::banghead: Send wine, rum, oh just ship the whole liquor store:angelic:
I’m sorry. Here you go.
liquor store GIF by South Park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom