The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Y'all should know that yesterday's talk of Mexican food forced me to order Tex Mex today. Hope y'all are happy.
2000s it wasnt me GIF

wdwfan4ver

You could always go to Houston or Austin, there are some places that indeed do offer authentic food.
They are not that hard to find as their service is classic sit down restaurant than the usual US style service.
For where I live, the first thing to know if a place is not authentic Mexican food is if the place has the name "Taco Bell". I live in Wisconsin. Taco Bell did have great caramel apple empanadas and cinnamon twists.

There actually are places in Wisconsin that do have authentic Mexican food based on what I read.

Figgy1

Premium Member
They've given me gluten free stuff at restaurants and the hospital because they like to lump the food allergies/intolerances together.

I'm so glad I don't have celiac.
The options range from really good to what the bleep were they thinking. Cakes, muffins, pancakes and such are hard to tell apart if done right, pasta is hit or miss, with some being really good, bread is what's hard to find.
The one thing Disney has never done well is qs pizza but their gf version is better than the usual crud they serve:eek:
Anyhoo we don't eat at Via Napoli as I'm afraid to breathe the air and we don't eat at CHH due to dh's shellfish allergy

StarWarsGirl

The options range from really good to what the bleep were they thinking. Cakes, muffins, pancakes and such are hard to tell apart if done right, pasta is hit or miss, with some being really good, bread is what's hard to find.
The one thing Disney has never done well is qs pizza but their gf version is better than the usual crud they serve:eek:
Anyhoo we don't eat at Via Napoli as I'm afraid to breathe the air and we don't eat at CHH due to dh's shellfish allergy
The gluten free Mickey waffles are actually pretty close to the regular ones. That was the one time I was like "this is actually fine" lol. You're not missing out on Via Napoli, and I don't eat at CHH pretty much for the same reason. I can pretty much have the chicken nuggets on the menu there. Might as well go elsewhere.

The worst one for me is Poly. The luau was the worst. I know people miss it...I will not. O'hana we won't do because I can't eat 75% of their menu. Kona I can do. Captain Cook's for breakfast is fine. I can do their pizza (which their flatbreads are okay, not like what they serve at Pizzarizzo or Pizzafari) and I can do their burger, but I usually opt to order from the bar outside by the pool. I can get the Dole Whip there because they have several non-pineapple options.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The gluten free Mickey waffles are actually pretty close to the regular ones. That was the one time I was like "this is actually fine" lol. You're not missing out on Via Napoli, and I don't eat at CHH pretty much for the same reason. I can pretty much have the chicken nuggets on the menu there. Might as well go elsewhere.

The worst one for me is Poly. The luau was the worst. I know people miss it...I will not. O'hana we won't do because I can't eat 75% of their menu. Kona I can do. Captain Cook's for breakfast is fine. I can do their pizza (which their flatbreads are okay, not like what they serve at Pizzarizzo or Pizzafari) and I can do their burger, but I usually opt to order from the bar outside by the pool. I can get the Dole Whip there because they have several non-pineapple options.
To say I was unimpressed with the luau would be an understatement;)
I feel so sorry for you not being able to have a dole whip with rum:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: More for me, sorry, not sorry:angelic:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery - For my El Camino
Premium Member

Wasn’t always the case. There were a few places. Boardwalk pizza window had some decent pies at one point. There were a few other places too

At some point in time somebody at Disney made the decision to food court-ize QS pizza resort wide. Which is sad.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wasn’t always the case. There were a few places. Boardwalk pizza window had some decent pies at one point. There were a few other places too

At some point in time somebody at Disney made the decision to food court-ize QS pizza resort wide. Which is sad.
Still wasn't what I'd call good pizza;) That said I'm about as picky as they come:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom