The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm officially done with my job. 14.5 years with this company, last night was my last shift, and they did NOTHING for me. Not a card, not a handshake, not anything. And it was also my supervisor's last day and they did nothing for her either. No one came to wish us luck with future jobs or to thank us for the years we gave to the company. There were only 10 of us there last night, and everyone of us now has a week or 2 to find a job before the evening shift is gone. And they don't even bother to thank us for years of working there. Just unceremoniously tell us they don't need us anymore, buhbye, and shove us out the door.
That's awful. Good riddens to them.

StarWarsGirl

I'm officially done with my job. 14.5 years with this company, last night was my last shift, and they did NOTHING for me. Not a card, not a handshake, not anything. And it was also my supervisor's last day and they did nothing for her either. No one came to wish us luck with future jobs or to thank us for the years we gave to the company. There were only 10 of us there last night, and everyone of us now has a week or 2 to find a job before the evening shift is gone. And they don't even bother to thank us for years of working there. Just unceremoniously tell us they don't need us anymore, buhbye, and shove us out the door.
That's sad. When I got laid off, by boss took me and my teammate out to lunch. She was NOT happy about the layoff, although I would have had to go on medical leave right after that had I stayed (ugh). But I was only there like two years and got a lot of fanfare when I left.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

That stinks. I hope you didn’t put in a ton of effort on your last day, it doesn’t sound like they deserved it.

Goofyernmost

That is a shame, but not really unusual. I retired from the last company I worked for starting out as a bus driver but quickly into middle management. When I retired I cleaned up all the stuff from my main office location (my time was split between two main area offices) and not a soul was even there. I found out the next week that they had all been called into the General Managers office and my whole operations department had been fired, including my boss of 10 years. It's almost like they had decided that they wanted to change and just waited until I retired (why I don't know) but they completely cleaned house. At least I can say that I was never fired in my entire career or even laid off. I have restless brain syndrome and never could stay in one place very long before I got bored with the whole thing and moved on. My sister just recently retired from the place that she worked for a little over 50 years. She apparently didn't get that gene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom