The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I heard on the national news today that quite a few areas are getting icing conditions. Glad your office was told to stay home.

Yea, it’s not too bad out there right now, but, they’re predicting another round for tonight.
1/4”-3/4” of ice accumulation, maybe. May cause some problems with trees and power lines. The power lines on our street are buried, but, the more main neighborhood street ours connects to has above ground power lines/poles.
It’s just so frustrating, because I know I could have made it into the office safely today, but, it’s just been hovering on that line of it’s not that bad, but, it’s just not worth the risk.

donaldtoo

Dogs are for people who need to be worshipped as gods.

Cats are for people who are okay living with a creature that thinks it is a god.

I know that’s hyperbole to make a distinction, but…
We’re on pups 9 and 10 (all but 2 were rescues), and I can assure you they don’t worship us as gods…!!!!! :hilarious:
Yes, they are really glad to see you when you get home, they are (mostly) loyal, and they definitely will protect the property…but, pretty sure a lot of that comes from knowing where the food comes from…!!!!! :hilarious:
Kidding aside, Carolyn and I were both raised in families that loved pups, so it was kinda’ inevitable, along with having kiddos, as both were discussed early on in our relationship…!!! :)
Probably a lot more similarities between cats and dogs that fans of one or the other are willing to admit, sometimes…!!! ;):)
Bottom line, probably a darn good thing neither of them have opposable thumbs…!!!!! 🤣

StarWarsGirl

I know that’s hyperbole to make a distinction, but…
We’re on pups 9 and 10 (all but 2 were rescues), and I can assure you they don’t worship us as gods…!!!!! :hilarious:
Yes, they are really glad to see you when you get home, they are (mostly) loyal, and they definitely will protect the property…but, pretty sure a lot of that comes from knowing where the food comes from…!!!!! :hilarious:
Kidding aside, Carolyn and I were both raised in families that loved pups, so it was kinda’ inevitable, along with having kiddos, as both were discussed early on in our relationship…!!! :)
Probably a lot more similarities between cats and dogs that fans of one or the other are willing to admit, sometimes…!!! ;):)
Bottom line, probably a darn good thing neither of them have opposable thumbs…!!!!! 🤣
A large part of the reason why I will never own a dog and I don't go out of my way to interact with them is that I had a phobia of medium and large dogs until I was in my teens (I was always fine with small dogs). It took a lot of concerted effort and interaction with a few trusted larger dogs before I got comfortable being around them. My brother is still afraid of dogs (again, not small ones). He finds them unpredictable. He will not go into someone's house if they have a dog. He's usually fine around police dogs and service dogs now because he knows that they're doing a job and won't come up to him, but he still repeats it as a reminder when he passes them.

I am very much a cat person. I was in elementary school and I think I read every cat book in the library. Then the librarian told me I had to read something else, so I started reading about elephants. 🤣 I see a strange dog, and if it doesn't come up to me, I don't go out of my way to stop. If I see a strange cat...yeah we're gonna be a while. 🤣 I also don't like dog drool or dog smell. I know, for dog people it's like "How could you not like dog kisses!?" Yeah, no thanks. Belle used to drool when she got to the end of her life and I'd be like, "You're not a dog, must you drool!" 😂

B is definitely a cat person too; he's still mad at me that when I got both Jasmine and later Ella that I didn't take him with me to look at cats. 🤣 I'm like, buddy, Jasmine was a foster, so I got her from someone's house, and Ella I saw online, went specifically to see her, spent 10 minutes specifically with her and no other cats, and then spent the next hour filling out paperwork and doing an interview so they'd let me take her. You didn't miss anything! 🤣

donaldtoo

A large part of the reason why I will never own a dog and I don't go out of my way to interact with them is that I had a phobia of medium and large dogs until I was in my teens (I was always fine with small dogs). It took a lot of concerted effort and interaction with a few trusted larger dogs before I got comfortable being around them. My brother is still afraid of dogs (again, not small ones). He finds them unpredictable. He will not go into someone's house if they have a dog. He's usually fine around police dogs and service dogs now because he knows that they're doing a job and won't come up to him, but he still repeats it as a reminder when he passes them.

I am very much a cat person. I was in elementary school and I think I read every cat book in the library. Then the librarian told me I had to read something else, so I started reading about elephants. 🤣 I see a strange dog, and if it doesn't come up to me, I don't go out of my way to stop. If I see a strange cat...yeah we're gonna be a while. 🤣 I also don't like dog drool or dog smell. I know, for dog people it's like "How could you not like dog kisses!?" Yeah, no thanks. Belle used to drool when she got to the end of her life and I'd be like, "You're not a dog, must you drool!" 😂

B is definitely a cat person too; he's still mad at me that when I got both Jasmine and later Ella that I didn't take him with me to look at cats. 🤣 I'm like, buddy, Jasmine was a foster, so I got her from someone's house, and Ella I saw online, went specifically to see her, spent 10 minutes specifically with her and no other cats, and then spent the next hour filling out paperwork and doing an interview so they'd let me take her. You didn't miss anything! 🤣

Yea, we all have different tolerances domestic pet-wise. Wouldn’t own a bird, fish are just boring, etc.
I actually did live in the same house with a cat for about 8 months, way back in the mid 80’s.
It was myself, another dude and his girlfriend, and another dude that had the cat, in a 3-bedroom rent house.
The cat tore up my speaker screens on my $1K stereo system, it seemed to be always whining, the cat box always smelled to hell, etc., etc., etc….!!!!! :hilarious:
Also, we had some friends back in the late 80’s that had 3 cats, and their entire home smelled pretty bad, most of the time.
Again, probably their fault, as they weren’t takin’ care of things involving the cats properly, but, it was pretty bad.
Sarah (youngest DD) wanted a cat once when she was pretty young. When we said no, she said her friend had one, and it was a good cat. We told her to get adopted by her friends parents, ‘cause we ain’t gettin’ no cat…!!!!! 😀:hilarious:;)
Funny thing is, she’s probably more of a dog person than the rest of us are now…probably some sort of rebellion thing…!!!!! 🤣

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom