The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@Figgy1 , I'm making a tuna noodle casserole tonight. Looks like an easy enough recipe, and not too big -- enough for 2 people. It calls for "panko" crumbs. Never used those before, but I bought a box -- which I assume will just sit on the shelf until the next time I make tuna noodle casserole. Heck, that could be months from now! :p

My mom used to make tuna noodle casserole but she put crushed potato chips on top. I think panko crumbs would be tasty too. I often use those for a coating on baked (or air fried) chicken.

93boomer

Premium Member
@Figgy1 , I'm making a tuna noodle casserole tonight. Looks like an easy enough recipe, and not too big -- enough for 2 people. It calls for "panko" crumbs. Never used those before, but I bought a box -- which I assume will just sit on the shelf until the next time I make tuna noodle casserole. Heck, that could be months from now! :p
Put the rest of your panko in a freezer bag. I freeze mine all the time. 😉

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
My mom used to make tuna noodle casserole but she put crushed potato chips on top. I think panko crumbs would be tasty too. I often use those for a coating on baked (or air fried) chicken.
Am I the only one who went through 70's casserole dishes where you ate three different dishes in the same week and the only real difference was one had crushed Fritos, another crushed potato chips and the last had Ritz crackers for the topping? My Mother was like no, that is Frito casserole and the other is potato chip jubilee!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Am I the only one who went through 70's casserole dishes where you ate three different dishes in the same week and the only real difference was one had crushed Fritos, another crushed potato chips and the last had Ritz crackers for the topping? My Mother was like no, that is Frito casserole and the other is potato chip jubilee!
My kids usually find panko or crispy onions on top when I make a casserole but never the same casserole or topping used in the same week. You don't want to know what my moms could ruin including some not cheap steaks, tuna or hamburger casserole which neither could properly cook, dried chicken of some sort, pork chops that were either raw or burnt and it went downhill from there. I think the only way myself and the siblings survived was due to relatives within walking distance, friends and take out night. The siblings fared better than me because I'm the oldest and started cooking not long after I was safely tall enough to do so. I took over Thanksgiving by the time I was 11

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
My kids usually find panko or crispy onions on top when I make a casserole but never the same casserole or topping used in the same week. You don't want to know what my moms could ruin including some not cheap steaks, tuna or hamburger casserole which neither could properly cook, dried chicken of some sort, pork chops that were either raw or burnt and it went downhill from there. I think the only way myself and the siblings survived was due to relatives within walking distance, friends and take out night. The siblings fared better than me because I'm the oldest and started cooking not long after I was safely tall enough to do so. I took over Thanksgiving by the time I was 11
Don't get me wrong, my mom was a great cook. She just got stuck in the casserole rut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom