The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So about a year ago, the airport in Rhody changed the name from TF Green Airport to the too big name of Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it's something to do and waste money on It's not like there are any international flights here though we did have Norwegian for a little while before the pandemic. Like are people getting confused what state they are flying into?

It's like Boston Logan International instead of just Logan. Did they have people fly in and be like I thought I was flying into NYC?

The worst is Manchester Airport in NH changing their name to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport....which is 60 miles away from Boston.
From WPRI Providence:

As for Boston Logan International, there's always been plenty of international airlines going through here.

As for Manchester Regional - Boston, this was an effort (from Manchester, NH) to get more passengers up there. It's certainly not convenient for me, but it may be for those folks who live up near the MA/NH border.

Figgy1

Premium Member
From WPRI Providence:

As for Boston Logan International, there's always been plenty of international airlines going through here.

As for Manchester Regional - Boston, this was an effort (from Manchester, NH) to get more passengers up there. It's certainly not convenient for me, but it may be for those folks who live up near the MA/NH border.
Once upon a time it was convenient for us to use as it was within biking distance of where we were visiting.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We have coyotes here. We saw one a couple of weeks ago as we were walking down the road. It was strange because they mostly come out at sundown. They have a cry when they howl that sounds like a child. It’s eerie! Dd has them at her house too.
Yes! We also have a lot of coyotes and Fox. At night I cringe at the sounds when they get a lap dog late evening. Unnerving

Walter my former giant lab came face to face with a coyote on river walk. Coyote ran away. We also came across on river walk a male deer, huge with a massive full rack. Walter was no match. We retreated so fast. We both needed to pee lol. I then was able to have public works cut back tall grass siding river walk so we could see what was ahead.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seriously, I don't know how you get by in those high temperatures, for such a long stretch. We just got through 6 days of a heat wave, with 2 of them at 100. I didn't go out much at all, and felt like a hermit inside for the past week.

Today is much better with the Canadian air finally pushing through down here last night. It's 67 out now. Ahhhh . . . I can breathe!! :cool:

Lilofan

In the early 1950s the legendary football coach Bear Bryant of Alabama was a coach at Texas A&M. The infamous summer training the Junction Boys was a near death experience for many. 2-a-day practices for 10 days, players sleeping in non AC huts, 100 players started the camp, 30 players survived, 70 quit the team. How high school and college teams practice in August in TX is an amazing feet in itself.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 659246

They gave us this pin at the conference in case you don’t want people shaking your hands, hugging, etc.

Mine is on. U Can’t Touch This.

P.S. I thought I posted this when I came home after drinking last night. Just found out this morning I never hit “post reply.” 🤣
MC Hammer! Great idea for the pin option, from the conference folks!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom