Figgy1

Premium Member
This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN
Awesome Sam Didier GIF by Jerology
Happy Watermelon GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Congratulations Congrats GIF

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We have coyotes here. We saw one a couple of weeks ago as we were walking down the road. It was strange because they mostly come out at sundown. They have a cry when they howl that sounds like a child. It’s eerie! Dd has them at her house too.

I usually see them around sunrise as they're heading off to bed

Dawn and dusk is usually when they're most active. However, they have also been seen during regular daytime hours as well. Two summers ago, one came trotting down the street around 11 AM, and it ran up on a neighbor's lawn. (This particular lawn was elevated -- they feel safer on higher ground, if they perceive a possible risk.) I walked away slowly on the other side of the street.

For the most part, they try to avoid humans, but they can get aggressive/territorial, if they get comfortable in a particular area. I always keep an eye out for them, regardless of time or season of the year, especially if I go walking in the woods.

FutureCEO

How are you holding out in this horrendous heat wave? No relief here until sometime on Wednesday.

On Thursday, I went from the new office which is near the Prudential Center to the mail room - 10 min walk and had to stay in the building for a few minutes just to not feel all wonkey. They didn't have any mail delivery yet. And then my train was 30 minutes late.

But I've my window AC's on for like 500 days straight now and I don't like it. Oh and I had a big branch fall yesterday. Lack of water maybe? How are you? I imagine it's warmer being inland?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On Thursday, I went from the new office which is near the Prudential Center to the mail room - 10 min walk and had to stay in the building for a few minutes just to not feel all wonkey. They didn't have any mail delivery yet. And then my train was 30 minutes late.

But I've my window AC's on for like 500 days straight now and I don't like it. Oh and I had a big branch fall yesterday. Lack of water maybe? How are you? I imagine it's warmer being inland?
Yah, I don't envy you walking around in the hot city during this insane heat wave. (Sorry your train was delayed as well.)

Our window A/Cs have been cranking out the air non-stop as well. Our most recent electric bill was a shock. As for where I live, it's not too much inland, so to speak. We often have about the same temps and humidity as Boston.

Last night we had some big thunderstorms, along with gusty winds. I'm assuming that's the storm you had down in RI, which would have passed us, by the time it reached you. Problem with the heavy rains at this point, is that the ground is so dry for weeks now, and most of the water can't absorb into the soil. There's just a ton of run-off rain water into the sewer drains.

FutureCEO

Yah, I don't envy you walking around in the hot city during this insane heat wave. (Sorry your train was delayed as well.)

Our window A/Cs have been cranking out the air non-stop as well. Our most recent electric bill was a shock. As for where I live, it's not too much inland, so to speak. We often have about the same temps and humidity as Boston.

Last night we had some big thunderstorms, along with gusty winds. I'm assuming that's the storm you had down in RI, which would have passed us, by the time it reached you. Problem with the heavy rains at this point, is that the ground is so dry for weeks now, and most of the water can't absorb into the soil. There's just a ton of run-off into the sewer drains.

They have promised us with rain but nothing has come. We'll we've had one or two dinky showers at night, I think. Our best chance is tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom