The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yep. Know the pro's and con's of Walmart. I know I should not shop at Hobby Lobby or eat at Chick (fortunately Chick makes me sick) Basically the wealthier families are the more financially free they are to make more choices for the good of all mankind on all sorts of theater fronts.

Economic Professors are not wrong but many have likely never struggled so there is that nativity. Not bad people but some have never walked in the shoes of the less fortunate. Likely don't live in food deserts. For the most part my family has been very fortunate but I'd be lying if I said the last recession didn't sting us and many others that I know. Pray it is a long time before another recession hits.

I agree with necessity driving habit. I grew up really poor, and we ate whatever we could come by and shopped wherever we could afford. My mom was an earthy hippie (where I get it from) and she would have much rather have fed us free range organic food, but we ate 47 cent eggs and drank managers-special milk and got our boxes of food from her volunteer shifts at the food banks. All else equal, I prefer shopping at Whole Foods. But when I need to throw a kids tea party for ten of her friends and I only have $50 to do it, I shop Walmart.

93boomer

Premium Member
I have both Walmart and our local grocery within 5 mts. If I need something like bird seed or makeup, I will shop at Walmart. You have to really buy items that are sealed. They catch shoppers trying out the makeup at Walmart (gross)!
I shop mostly at our local grocery. If I want to run across town, about 10-15 mts, I will run to Harris Teeter or Publix. There is also Earth Fare and a good co-op over there too. Whole Foods is over 35 mts away so I rarely get there.

MySmallWorldof4

Absolutely, it is in both parks, but, it is quite isolated in it's actual location and in your face presence. You could pass by most of it without even having to pass through it other then walking by a facade in Universal Studio's and a distant Castle in IOA.
True. I actually think though that Universal did a better job with Harry Potter than Pandora. I really am not the biggest fan of that land. Of course, not a fan of the movie either, whereas I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. Speaking of, I hope you are doing well with getting back to normal life @Songbird76 . We are all waiting with baited breath for your vacation details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom