• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Advertisement
I actually stopped in a Walmart on the way up to Hershey on Saturday. Walmart was in PA. It actually wasn't too bad. Though if I could have found a Target along the route, I still would have gone to Target.

The ones here are just bad.

Giant is okay. There's one near work. I dislike the lightning in there. With my migraines, if I dislike the lightning, odds are I won't shop there. We have Safeway near us, so that's my preferred, and I also like Wegmans. Safeway tends to have better prices than Giant. Shop Rite has better prices than both, but again, the lighting bothers me, so I go to Safeway.
If Wegman’s or Whole Foods was nearby I’d be there.

MySmallWorldof4

So our 3 cats had appointments for their rabies shots today. They are indoor cats and the only reason we took them in was because we want to adopt another kitten from the shelter and that was a requirement. So we got the 2 boys first for the earlier appointment. When we got their the vet assistant said, " Well we have 2 rabies vaccines. One is for dogs and cats, and the other is just for cats. The one for the dogs and cats has been found to cause tumors." Uhhhh.:oops: I was dumbfounded and immediately said, "The one just for cats then." What in the heck? Why would you even offer the other shot? Why would it still be given?

So our female, Piper, had an appointment at 1:20 today. Lo and behold we couldn't find her. We looked everywhere multiple times. I had to cancel the vet and reschedule for tomorrow morning.:banghead: So I am on the phone with dh while he is on the way home. He says, "Bet I find her within 5 minutes of being home." 🙄I said , "Good luck." He said, "Did you use a flashlight?" I said, "Of course."She is a tuxedo cat so can blend in. So he gets home and what happens? He finds her in less than 5 minutes. o_OThe cat was hiding under one of the couches in the living room! The same couches we had looked under multiple times! That darn cat! :hilarious:

SteveBrickNJ

So our 3 cats had appointments for their rabies shots today. They are indoor cats and the only reason we took them in was because we want to adopt another kitten from the shelter and that was a requirement. So we got the 2 boys first for the earlier appointment. When we got their the vet assistant said, " Well we have 2 rabies vaccines. One is for dogs and cats, and the other is just for cats. The one for the dogs and cats has been found to cause tumors." Uhhhh.:oops: I was dumbfounded and immediately said, "The one just for cats then." What in the heck? Why would you even offer the other shot? Why would it still be given?

So our female, Piper, had an appointment at 1:20 today. Lo and behold we couldn't find her. We looked everywhere multiple times. I had to cancel the vet and reschedule for tomorrow morning.:banghead: So I am on the phone with dh while he is on the way home. He says, "Bet I find her within 5 minutes of being home." 🙄I said , "Good luck." He said, "Did you use a flashlight?" I said, "Of course."She is a tuxedo cat so can blend in. So he gets home and what happens? He finds her in less than 5 minutes. o_OThe cat was hiding under one of the couches in the living room! The same couches we had looked under multiple times! That darn cat! :hilarious:
Too funny😂

Rista1313

Wow... just shake some treats and mine all come running. Call them by name, and I get ignored.

donaldtoo

So, about 10p Saturday night a local celebrity and his female passenger were killed when a minivan pulled out in front of his motorcycle from a side road. The road was Ranch Road (RR) 2222. It is a very curvy, hilly stretch of 4-lane (2 lanes west, 2 lanes east, divided by a center stripe) road just west of Austin, especially the eastern portion.
I’ve pulled onto 2222 from this same side road dozens of times over the decades, as well as approached more times from the direction he was traveling. You really need to be very cautious either way.
For most of you that don’t know, he was Cedric Benson, a star running back at UT, and he also played pro football for the Bears, Bengals, and Packers before retiring to Austin in 2012.
He got into his fair share of trouble over the years, but, was also apparently well-liked by teammates, the press, and many others.
He lived in a large house in the hills overlooking portions of the road he died on.
This has been big news here and, eerily enough, this was his Instagram post shortly after he purchased the bike earlier Saturday...

8945CF97-6D44-40A4-9F36-96F6AA4A520C.jpeg

Our family talked about it, we talked about it at the office, and myself and the clerk at the corner store talked about it on my visit there on my way home this evening.
Not 50 yards down the road from me leaving the corner store, a man on a c rotch rocket approaches from the opposite direction and goes by me at about 40 mph with a child, no more than 3, sitting on the fuel tank...no helmets on either. They were both laughing like crazy. I was completely aghast.
WHAT IN THE NAME OF...........?!?!?!?!?!
You folks can fill in the rest.

Top Bottom