The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes! Have never seen that. There could be 10 people lined up for 3 open registers, but they have at least 15 closed ones in the store. I try and use self check-out because of that.

Which is precisely what WalMart is trying to get customers to do -- so they can get rid of more employees. Target is the same in my area as well. Good grief -- it's not like they don't have tons of money; I'm sure they have more than enough to pay minimum wage and retain some cashiers.

To me, I prefer dealing with a "live" person at checkout. I've used the self checkout machines a few times (as you said, if the lines were ridiculously long at the 3-4 "live" cashiers). But it just didn't sit well with me to go into a store, pick out a few items, go to a self checkout --and never say a word to anyone during the entire time? :( I'm far from a social butterfly, but this complete lack of human interaction really got to me.

Goofyernmost

That's because it would take every cashier in the state to fully man those, look how big and successful we are, make-believe locations. It's a mind job. I have never been to Walmart on black Friday and never will, but out of 20 cashier locations and a self service of 14 stations the manned check-outs have never had more then 3 open at one time for as long as I have been going there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom