The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

So, about 10p Saturday night a local celebrity and his female passenger were killed when a minivan pulled out in front of his motorcycle from a side road. The road was Ranch Road (RR) 2222. It is a very curvy, hilly stretch of 4-lane (2 lanes west, 2 lanes east, divided by a center stripe) road just west of Austin, especially the eastern portion.
I’ve pulled onto 2222 from this same side road dozens of times over the decades, as well as approached more times from the direction he was traveling. You really need to be very cautious either way.
For most of you that don’t know, he was Cedric Benson, a star running back at UT, and he also played pro football for the Bears, Bengals, and Packers before retiring to Austin in 2012.
He got into his fair share of trouble over the years, but, was also apparently well-liked by teammates, the press, and many others.
He lived in a large house in the hills overlooking portions of the road he died on.
This has been big news here and, eerily enough, this was his Instagram post shortly after he purchased the bike earlier Saturday...

8945CF97-6D44-40A4-9F36-96F6AA4A520C.jpeg

Our family talked about it, we talked about it at the office, and myself and the clerk at the corner store talked about it on my visit there on my way home this evening.
Not 50 yards down the road from me leaving the corner store, a man on a c rotch rocket approaches from the opposite direction and goes by me at about 40 mph with a child, no more than 3, sitting on the fuel tank...no helmets on either. They were both laughing like crazy. I was completely aghast.
WHAT IN THE NAME OF...........?!?!?!?!?!
You folks can fill in the rest.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hate our Walmarts sooo much.

Both the one near where my college is and the one near work always are such a mess, the workers are completely rude, and you get a lot of people up from the city, so they don't exactly feel as safe. It's a world of difference walking into Target, and Walmart is just about the only store in this area where I won't shop because I don't feel quite safe.

Even Walmarts not in this area that I've gone too, I walk in and it's like, "Ugh, Walmart, get me out of here." That and every time I've had to shop there, I feel like their stuff is just cheap in quality compared to Target. I'd rather spend a little more and go to Target.

That, and we all know buying groceries at Walmart vs. a grocery store does not save money. Right? Right???
For certain items they are the cheapest;) The one I go to is rather quiet and on black Friday people sing Christmas Carols and make sure the local on duty cops get their lists done:joyfull:

donaldtoo

So our 3 cats had appointments for their rabies shots today. They are indoor cats and the only reason we took them in was because we want to adopt another kitten from the shelter and that was a requirement. So we got the 2 boys first for the earlier appointment. When we got their the vet assistant said, " Well we have 2 rabies vaccines. One is for dogs and cats, and the other is just for cats. The one for the dogs and cats has been found to cause tumors." Uhhhh.:oops: I was dumbfounded and immediately said, "The one just for cats then." What in the heck? Why would you even offer the other shot? Why would it still be given?

So our female, Piper, had an appointment at 1:20 today. Lo and behold we couldn't find her. We looked everywhere multiple times. I had to cancel the vet and reschedule for tomorrow morning.:banghead: So I am on the phone with dh while he is on the way home. He says, "Bet I find her within 5 minutes of being home." 🙄I said , "Good luck." He said, "Did you use a flashlight?" I said, "Of course."She is a tuxedo cat so can blend in. So he gets home and what happens? He finds her in less than 5 minutes. o_OThe cat was hiding under one of the couches in the living room! The same couches we had looked under multiple times! That darn cat! :hilarious:

Sorry, couldn’t resist...again.....!!! ;)

C6D1DFFE-77BE-4391-8353-8ABCEC9BB3D1.jpeg

donaldtoo

Alrighty gang, out for tonight...!
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks ‘til our MK day with Emy, then our October cruise with Emy, and then our European trip with Emy next summer...!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
I never even left Texas ‘til I was 4+, and she’ll be doin’ all a’ this before she’s 1.5 years old...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::D:hilarious::happy:
Sweet dreamin’/mornin’ to one and all...!!! :)
See y’alllllll...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::)

StarWarsGirl

So our 3 cats had appointments for their rabies shots today. They are indoor cats and the only reason we took them in was because we want to adopt another kitten from the shelter and that was a requirement. So we got the 2 boys first for the earlier appointment. When we got their the vet assistant said, " Well we have 2 rabies vaccines. One is for dogs and cats, and the other is just for cats. The one for the dogs and cats has been found to cause tumors." Uhhhh.:oops: I was dumbfounded and immediately said, "The one just for cats then." What in the heck? Why would you even offer the other shot? Why would it still be given?

So our female, Piper, had an appointment at 1:20 today. Lo and behold we couldn't find her. We looked everywhere multiple times. I had to cancel the vet and reschedule for tomorrow morning.:banghead: So I am on the phone with dh while he is on the way home. He says, "Bet I find her within 5 minutes of being home." 🙄I said , "Good luck." He said, "Did you use a flashlight?" I said, "Of course."She is a tuxedo cat so can blend in. So he gets home and what happens? He finds her in less than 5 minutes. o_OThe cat was hiding under one of the couches in the living room! The same couches we had looked under multiple times! That darn cat! :hilarious:
That's why I don't schedule Belle and Jasmine for the same day. I keep them off balance.

They also don't go in carriers because both of them hate them. They go on the leash. Everyone is amazed and they let the staff pet them, and the staff love it.

I actually didn't get Belle vaccinated before getting Jasmine. She had such horrible health problems that she couldn't get vaccines for several years, and even now, she only gets rabies; she gets nothing else. I made sure Jasmine was vaccinated before I got her. She came from foster care, I contacted my vet to find her, and so I knew exactly what her health history and all was. Then I separated her and Belle for a few days as a precaution. It worked.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Target is soooo much better here. Walmart is terrible. Amazon is best. 😁

Me it matters how we are comparing identical products. Here Walmart prices are better. Atmosphere and overall customer
It's a fun night here what I hope is finally the last of the pipes we haven't yet replaced started to leak. Guess where we're going to be first thing in the morning:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

My house that I owned for 30 years-pipes lived all of its life with some nasty well water. One year in we (well not me but I didn't disagree) replaced all the pipes at once. They were galvanized pipe, typical to the era of build. I came home from work to find every pipe cut out and the water shut off obviously but at least before we had children, just the Pup. But one week later there was new copper pipes and 3 years later and welcomed new lake water system and water bills 4x what they once were. :oops:

Figgy1

Premium Member
So I was out on the deck a little while ago. There is a big old tree and the edge of the property near the alley. I heard a crack of a branch. Watched the huge neighborhood raccoon fall 2 stories down and plop on the asphalt with a thud. Wonder if I will see him again?
I saw one our raccoons fall from that distance and go thud and it walked away. I think they have padding for a reason;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom