The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Ugh, I get the same remarks. I stopped saying I am vegan. I just go with plant based. I think some people just associate politics with veganism. It is apolitical for me. I just prefer eating this way. I don't care what anyone else eats. Live and let live.

Yep, it’s definitely not political with oldest DD either...it’s just simply a lifestyle choice, and what she feels is best for how her body feels regarding her nutrition.
But, her hubby is still an omnivore, and also really loves meat...!!!!! :hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

I found the Wisconsin State Fair had a record this year for amount of people scanned. 1,130,572 people were scanned and 5 of the days had records of most people attended ever.

Here is some facts that I read about this years fair:
  • Gusts took more than 120,000 slides down the Giant slide.
  • Guests took more than 115,000 Sky Glider trips across the Fair Park.
  • The Wisconsin Bakers Association sold more than 400,000 original cream puffs.
  • Real Wisconsin Cheese Grill sold almost 60,000 grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • Wisconsin Potato Grower served more than 41,000 baked potatoes.
  • Food stand Poncho Dog served up 20,000 Buffalo Chicken Cheese Curd Tacos.
  • The Wisconsin Cattlemen’s Association sold more than 14,000 ribeye steak sandwiches.
  • Wisconsin Pork Producers served more than 20,000 pork chop sandwiches.
  • Saz's sold nears 65,000 Deep-Fried Mozzarella Sticks hand-rolled with Real Wisconsin Cheese.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I found the Wisconsin State Fair had a record this year for amount of people scanned. 1,130,572 people were scanned and 5 of the days had records of most people attended ever.

• The Wisconsin Cattlemen’s Association sold more than 14,000 ribeye steak sandwiches.
  • Saz's sold nears 65,000 Deep-Fried Mozzarella Sticks hand-rolled with Real Wisconsin Cheese.

Just doing the math for some of that food at fair prices I'm familiar with, and that's an insane boost to these business!! That's awesome!! Imagine selling well over $1M in cream puffs!!

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks.

Believe it or not, we now have confirmation this was a set up.

I mentioned B’s catering side jobs. The reason he knows the guy who runs catering jobs is because the stadium uses that guy to supply temp workers (bartenders, etc.) for big events - so he is in regular contact with Brian’s boss. He would use Brian in the off season.

Brian spoke to that guy today and lined up a couple of gigs.

The guy said something along the lines of, “Man, I thought your boss was kidding when he said he was going to put you on for a couple of games and then probably get rid of you.”

I don’t even know where to begin.
This does not sound right to me. Any legal recourse?

MySmallWorldof4

Those are some fun statistics. Guess it was a goud-a fair. ;):hilarious:

Rista1313

Thanks.

Believe it or not, we now have confirmation this was a set up.

I mentioned B’s catering side jobs. The reason he knows the guy who runs catering jobs is because the stadium uses that guy to supply temp workers (bartenders, etc.) for big events - so he is in regular contact with Brian’s boss. He would use Brian in the off season.

Brian spoke to that guy today and lined up a couple of gigs.

The guy said something along the lines of, “Man, I thought your boss was kidding when he said he was going to put you on for a couple of games and then probably get rid of you.”

I don’t even know where to begin.

Sounds like you need to begin with a lawyer!

Tony the Tigger

This does not sound right to me. Any legal recourse?
Sounds like you need to begin with a lawyer!

I honestly don’t know what to do, especially anything that would have a practical and positive result.

Florida is a right to work state. That means, AFAIK, nobody has to have a reason for firing you.

However, there are exceptions, such as the firing is still subject to laws of discrimination re: race, faith, etc.

There’s not an obvious or easily provable thing here, from what I can tell.

I did suggest talking to one of those lawyers who only gets paid if you win, if that’s even applicable here, because they won’t take a case unless they think there’s a chance of winning.

The guy who owns the football team (Ross) is getting negative press lately for political reasons, but that’s not who he works for. He works for the company that runs all the food and beverage.

I’d like to publicly shame them for firing a diabetic who dared ask for health insurance. But I’m no “influencer.”

Honestly, he just wants a steady job with benefits.

His degree is in nutrition. His experience is in restaurants and large concessions (convention centers, stadiums.) (Yes, I’ve thought about WDW if we ever wanted to move lol.)

I will be the first to critique or criticize Brian. But his work ethic is impeccable - to his detriment. He always does extra. It never pays off. From many conversations, i know that he knows the food service industry as well as i know retail. As far as personality goes, I’m the one from Jersey with “a mouth.” He is a respectful, Southern guy and employees from several jobs ago still love him and still keep in touch. They’ve followed him from job to job.

He was just freaking blind for two months and all he wanted to do was go back to work and show that 38 years of type 1 diabetes doesn’t mean he can’t do what he wants to do.

He is really down right now, to the point he doesn’t even want to discuss it much, he’s just filling out online applications like mad - which hardly ever leads to anything. The days when you could just walk into a place and ask if they’re hiring are long gone.

And we’re both tired of falling into the hole again, like would happen every year after football, and have months of digging out when he’d be back to work, with all the months of stress and odd jobs in-between.

/venting

Rista1313

I honestly don’t know what to do, especially anything that would have a practical and positive result.

Florida is a right to work state. That means, AFAIK, nobody has to have a reason for firing you.

However, there are exceptions, such as the firing is still subject to laws of discrimination re: race, faith, etc.

I did suggest talking to one of those lawyers who only gets paid if you win, if that’s even applicable here, because they won’t take a case unless they think there’s a chance of winning.

The guy who owns the football team (Ross) is getting negative press lately for political reasons, but that’s not who he works for. He works for the company that runs all the food and beverage.

I’d like to publicly shame them for firing a diabetic who dared ask for health insurance. But I’m no “influencer.”

His degree is in nutrition. His experience is in restaurants and large concessions (convention centers, stadiums.) (Yes, I’ve thought about WDW if we ever wanted to move lol.)

I will be the first to critique or criticize Brian. But his work ethic is impeccable - to his detriment. He always does extra. It never pays off. From many conversations, i know that he knows the food service industry as well as i know retail. As far as personality goes, I’m the one from Jersey with “a mouth.” He is a respectful, Southern guy and employees from several jobs ago still love him and still keep in touch. They’ve followed him from job to job.

He was just freaking blind for two months and all he wanted to do was go back to work and show that 38 years of type 1 diabetes doesn’t mean he can’t do what he wants to do.

He is really down right now, to the point he doesn’t even want to discuss it much, he’s just filling out online applications like mad - which hardly ever leads to anything. The days when you could just walk into a place and ask if they’re hiring are long gone.

And we’re both tired of falling into the hole again, like would happen every year after football, and have months of digging out when he’d be back to work, with all the months of stress and odd jobs in-between.

/venting

How about reinventing himself and get out of these 2 industries.... is there anything else he might want to try?

MySmallWorldof4

/venting
The fact that health insurance was brought up is discriminatory in my opinion because they knew he was diabetic. I would contact one of those lawyers whom I personally hate. I hate those frivolous lawsuits but this doesn’t seem frivolous.

Tony the Tigger

I tried Impossible burgers this year at Food and Wine at California Adventure and I was really pleased with the taste and texture. Hubs liked it too. It did resemble a real hamburger with texture and taste. I would get one again.
I think beyond burgers are a little too meaty and hear Impossible is even more so

My first Impossible was a slider at WDW. I tried Beyond when they were BOGO at Publix. Both really good, if you like meat burgers.

I also enjoy patties that are not trying to be meat. Just a different thing.

They now have an Impossible Whopper at Burger King for $5.99. It’s worth it if you want to try one quickly. OTOH, if your goal is routine healthy eating, it’s probably the unhealthiest version of a meatless burger. I’d recommend ordering with no mayo to reduce a ton of fat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom