The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

That's just it..it's hard... I like all of the above, plus throw in a tropical island with a swim up bar and rum drinks. One of the obstacles for us is that DH can't do a lot of standing or climbing a bazillion steps because of his disability... so I have to do a lot of research and choose wisely.
I agree that a cruise would be a very good option, especially for someone with mobility issues. Personally I like to cruise with Norwegian but there are so many options out there these days.
Should you want to do a city trip,Valencia in Spain is a wonderful combination of old and new, London obviously has a lot to offer plus excellent public transportation, Berlin is also historically rich and well worth a visit.
China is interesting but even if you did an organized tour it will probably require a lot of walking and stairs. Things like the Forbidden City in Beijing are beautiful but might be to difficult for your husband. (None of my pictures show the stairs so just grabbed this of Google.)
download.jpeg

Hong Kong might be a good option depending on how long you want to go for. It also has very good and easy to use public transportation not to mention...
20160903_205045_Night-1.jpg

12in12

Thanks. I like your airplane emoji. I used edit and corrected my earlier post because Japan is 13 hours ahead of NJ...not 11 hours ahead.☺
It's nearly 10pm Wednesday evening in Bali at the moment.
I'm about to go to sleep, my niece is already asleep in the other bed in the room and I'm pretty darn sure she will wake up early tomorrow morning. # kidsareexhausting ;)

MySmallWorldof4

One time the a.c. on the upper floor of my home was broken. It got to be 90 degrees up there. All the fans in the house did not allow us to sleep up there. We used downstairs as a campground a couple of nights until the a.c. situation was resolved. Just sayin' I agree with @Goofyernmost
Guess who has a problem with the ac in their house? Our unit for the downstairs is not working right. We have central air. We have a home warranty with American Home Shield. I called in for a service call yesterday. Still waiting.

Cesar R M

Guess who has a problem with the ac in their house? Our unit for the downstairs is not working right. We have central air. We have a home warranty with American Home Shield. I called in for a service call yesterday. Still waiting.
Feel your pain.. my Mom's AC stopped working, turns out the logical card died (go figure,right after guarantee expired). And its the most expensive thing of the whole unit.
So she decided to check a discount on a local store, which were giving up to 50% discount on AC's and she bought a new one with extended guaranties and less than 180 USD more than what could cost a new one.
Plus installation is free. Now we're waiting for them to deliver.

Songbird76

That's just it..it's hard... I like all of the above, plus throw in a tropical island with a swim up bar and rum drinks. One of the obstacles for us is that DH can't do a lot of standing or climbing a bazillion steps because of his disability... so I have to do a lot of research and choose wisely.
Yeah, the disability is tough. I have problems with my hip, so I do try to be careful with not doing too many stairs, which can be a problem because DS is terrified of Elevators. Most places now are required to have access for disabled people, but not all the historic places can do that. With Neuschwanstein, there's a steep hike up the side of the mountain....45 minutes, but they DO offer carriage rides, and I'm sure they have an option for disabled people, but I remember there were also a number of stairs in the castle itself, so I don't know how they handle that aspect of the tours.
And I bet it depends on the country. Most of Europe is pretty good about that, but I don't know about some of those countries in Asia, or Africa, where it's not as developed. My best friend is in Thailand right now, and heading to Malaysia in a few days, and she's been to Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. I'll have to ask her what accessibility is like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom