The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I forgot July 1st was Happy Bobby Bonilla Day. This was the ninth year of Happy Bobby Bonilla Day. This is an infamous day to people who followed sports due to a mistake from a baseball team that caused them paying 1.19 million dollars every July 1st to Bobby Bonilla for 25 years instead of paying 5.9 million dollars after the 1999 season for releasing baseball player before end of contract. What happen was baseball owner thought they were going to get savvy investments made through Bernie Madoff and make money off Bobby Bonilla's contract beside Bobby Bonilla himself.

Too bad one one from this message board didn't get Bobby Bonilla day instead of Bobby Bonilla because ebay has an overnight Stay in Cinderella Castle suite auction right now with it being for a party of 4. I'm sure some one from this message would've used the money from Bobby Bonilla day for placing bid on ebay on for that overnight Cinderella Castle suite stay.

This is the ebay auction I'm referring to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stay-in-th...Kingdom-Park/264376854587?hash=item3d8e16a83b

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Renovation update.

My parents decided that since my room is cleaned out, painting is a good idea. I'd rather just put everything back and go back to sleeping in my room but...well, it has been ten years since it was done. Maybe more; can't remember. So now I get to go to Home Depot to get paint charts.

Actually, I think you'll be pleased with getting your room repainted. Plus, picking out a paint color can be fun. It's just a pain when all the construction (bathroom) and painting is going on, but when it's all finished, you'll be happy! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And that is not the other issue. In some ways he loves to Micromanage . He pushes us to do certain things and complains or direct us (despite telling that WE are supposed to make everything work. Specially in the area where I am the supposed expert and he knows nothing) and to keep him up to date with reports on everything.
Yet in problems like this.. He claims he has no time to "micro manage" because he has very limited time.

So its like a bipolar person. Sometimes he wants something, sometimes he completely hates that something... and we have no clue what version he is at the moment we have to deliver our reports.

Sounds like the boss is a bit unstable. That's difficult to work with someone like that. Just continue to do your job, and give him LOTS of space . . .

Figgy1

Premium Member
And that is not the other issue. In some ways he loves to Micromanage . He pushes us to do certain things and complains or direct us (despite telling that WE are supposed to make everything work. Specially in the area where I am the supposed expert and he knows nothing) and to keep him up to date with reports on everything.
Yet in problems like this.. He claims he has no time to "micro manage" because he has very limited time.

So its like a bipolar person. Sometimes he wants something, sometimes he completely hates that something... and we have no clue what version he is at the moment we have to deliver our reports.
Whoever has my spare frying pan please send it to @Cesar R M

MinnieM123

Premium Member
While we're on the subject of food --

What dog grabs a large bunch of bananas, drags them off the kitchen table to the floor, and mauls them-- ALL EIGHT OF THEM?!! :banghead: That would be our wacko dog, Jack, of course. :rolleyes:

First, here's why there was such a large bunch of bananas to begin with. The other day, I bought one banana, and ate it. Hubs saw that, and since I'm home more now, he figured he should probably buy more bananas for me. (I'm really not sure how he assumed a crisis was at hand with bananas ... 🤨.) So, yesterday, he went out and bought a large bunch of 8 bananas. Very nice gesture and all, but --

I eat about 1 banana a month. :facepalm: :p

Just another day here . . . :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Thank you I got a bit of it but can use just a bit more
Looking at hitting 100 degrees tomorrow with 87% humidity. I'm supposed to go golfing with my grandchildren tomorrow. It will be early in the morning or they could count on me turning into a big puddle of grease before it's done. All I can say is that it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to find whomever invented central Air Conditioning and kiss them square on the lips. I love it down here, but, I cannot wrap my head around how people survived in the 1800's and most of the 1900's without it.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Looking at hitting 100 degrees tomorrow with 87% humidity. I'm supposed to go golfing with my grandchildren tomorrow. It will be early in the morning or they could count on me turning into a big puddle of grease before it's done. All I can say it that it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to find whomever invented central Air Conditioning and kiss them square on the lips. I love it down here, but, I cannot wrap my head around how people survived in the 1800's and most of the 1900's without it.

View attachment 385887View attachment 385888
One time the a.c. on the upper floor of my home was broken. It got to be 90 degrees up there. All the fans in the house did not allow us to sleep up there. We used downstairs as a campground a couple of nights until the a.c. situation was resolved. Just sayin' I agree with @Goofyernmost

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom