The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

How is your mom?
Thanks for asking, she is struggling a bit since she is right handed and her right arm is broken, she's also getting her days mixed up. She was convinced tomorrow was Friday and I would be arriving and she was disappointed when I told her it was Wednesday today.
I hope you are having a magical time, it certainly looks like you are having fun!

MySmallWorldof4

Got back about an hour ago from visitin’ with Emy and the kiddos this evenin’...!!! :)

Emy chowin’ down on some avocado and broccoli, sippin’ some water through a straw from her bear bottle, enjoyin’ some after dinner “swing time” (including a swing pic from the other day), and she saw her first lightning bug/firefly tonight (although she’s not lookin directly at it in the pic, she actually did see it light up several other times :hilarious:)...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:;):)

View attachment 374545View attachment 374546View attachment 374547View attachment 374548View attachment 374549
She is so cute. You are so lucky to be able to live so close to your dd and her family.

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks for asking, she is struggling a bit since she is right handed and her right arm is broken, she's also getting her days mixed up. She was convinced tomorrow was Friday and I would be arriving and she was disappointed when I told her it was Wednesday today.
I hope you are having a magical time, it certainly looks like you are having fun!
I hope your mom will recover slowly, but surely. Yes, we are having a lovely time. Thanks.

MySmallWorldof4

No one seems to really remember it around here, but, when I moved here in 2011 it was one of the hottest summers on record. We had stretches of days when the temps were either close to or at 106 degrees with very high humidity. I had just come from an endless winter in Vermont so my body didn't take well to the heat. My AC in my apartment was set at 67 degrees and it never shut off. The outside of my windows had condensation completely covering them.

They were in the process of putting a new roof on the buildings in this complex and the crew were all wearing work pants, t-shirts covered with long sleeve flannel shirts. I practically had heat stroke just watching them. They were up on that roof putting on black shingles all day long some even stayed up there during our usual afternoon thunderstorms. They had too to make sure the roof was covered before to much rain came. That is when I started to question the sanity of southerners. But, I eventually acclimated to it, and now have my heating and cooling set at 71 degrees year round and am quite comfortable (sometimes chilly). In actuality though, we have hit 100 degrees only once since then in 2014 that I recall. If it makes it this week it will break a record for frigid 90 degree weather. 🥵
I remember that summer. It was warm in southern PA in March that year. It was awesome!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

12in12

This is what you can get for around the same price locally
You can't find a decent 2 bedroom apartment in my neighbourhood for less than £700000. :(
That apartment looks very nice though but something modern new build like that in zone 2 in London would be around a million pounds so way out of my budget.

SteveBrickNJ

I think like your wife.
My friend says that her strategy won't work. He says once we add our daughter on to the car insurance Allstate will just retro active the charge back to yesterday....the day she got her license. So if we add her today or wait until June 16th we'll pay the same amount. I told the wife this but she didn't really react. Her mind was on something else. I'll leave it alone for awhile and bring it up another day.

wdwfan4ver

In 2011 we had 90 days that were at or above 100 degrees here, 3 of which were in may.
Plus, that year and 2000 both gave us our all-time static high temps of 112.
Last year was our 3rd hottest year with 51 days at or above 100 degrees.
I’ll easily trade it for not having to deal with ice and/or snow for 3-4 months, or more, out of the year...!!! ;):)
I would be the opposite and explains why I would not consider moving to Florida. When I was growing up, my body was not made for heat because I had problem keeping fluids in my system. I know sounds odd since most of my WDW trips happened in the summer, but I have ways to work around it such as taking afternoon hotel breaks. In Wisconsin, we do not get a lot of 100 degree weather in a year.

wdwfan4ver

It's like the old Wendy's commercials: Where's the beef!?
What is happening at Casey's Corner at MK gives a different meaning of where's the beef. According to the Disney Food Blog, Disney still has the Corn Dog Nuggets with a change.

The Corn Dog Nuggets do not have beef anymore, Disney now uses Chicken for the Corn Dog Nuggets instead. Guests have been complaining about the change since the menu had Corn Dog Nuggets without Disney mentioning they replaced the beef with chicken.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom