The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , your photos yesterday were gorgeous!! What surprised me was that so many flowers were out in full bloom, as I was thinking that, didn't you recently have a lot of snow, etc.? I guess I just figured the growing season in your area would have been delayed maybe another 2 weeks or so.

Anyway, glad that you and Brad got to see such beautiful flowers in a lovely setting. :happy:

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Our growing season is probably about 2 weeks behind normally all the stuff that I shared pictures of would have been blooming 2 weeks ago. We did have a lot of snow but the main thing that slowed it down this year was that the frost was so deep in the ground because before we got all the snow we had so many sub zero days. And with no snow those sub zero temps froze more of the ground deeper than normal. But actually this later bloom worked out well for us because we didn't have any open weekends before this to go see the blooms! :)

With the later bloom though I'm a little worried I won't be able to see my peony plants bloom. They might bloom now when we are in California.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

Jasmine is stubborn like that. She'll lay on the kitchen chairs even when you want to sit there until you either pick her up and toss her off or until you tip the chair over and make her leave. She'll also lay in front of the door and make you step over her.

Belle's not like that. She gets up and moves.

I'll bet that spot was warm and that's why that cat didn't want to move.

MySmallWorldof4

When I was a kid, we always got out in mid to late June for summer vacation. It's not unusual up here. (P.S.: I think my parents were glad when we were all back at school. after Labor Day in September! :p
In NY we always got out around the last week of June and went back after Labor Day. Since the weather is not that warm in June it kind of makes sense.

MySmallWorldof4

We have those things called household centipedes here all the time, although I haven't seen many this year. When one first sees them they look vicious, but, they are slow and easily killed. I looked it up and they are harmless, their defense is their evil, sinister look. They only eat those tiny little bugs that get in through the screens and annoy you, so I try and keep them around to take care of those insects, which annoy me more then intimidate me.

View attachment 371354 Boo!
I hate those! They are so icky.

MySmallWorldof4

A couple more Arboretum pictures and some food. I found a place called Tavern 4 & 5 and we decided to try it. The food was excellent! We also brought quite a bit home because we went a little crazy with ordering. We got beer battered cheese curds, deviled eggs, and homemade tots to share. Brad got the sweet and salty wood fired pizza with bacon, caramelized onions, balsamic glaze & prosciutto. I had the house roasted corned beef sandwich with Parmesan truffle chips. Yummy!
View attachment 371512View attachment 371513View attachment 371514View attachment 371515View attachment 371516View attachment 371517View attachment 371518View attachment 371519View attachment 371520View attachment 371521
That was one heck of a great day you and Brad had.

Goofyernmost

I hate those! They are so icky.
I have to admit that when I first moved here, they startled the heck out of me. Having lived up north all my life, I had never seen one of them, but, there are a lot of them around here. For a while there was hardly a day that went by that I didn't see one or two. I can remember sitting here at my Computer and have some motion catch the corner of my eye. I'd look up and see one scurrying across my wall. Haven't seen very many in the last couple of years though. I saw my first one in ages just this week, just casually standing in my bathtub. To make a long story short, he/she, did indeed circle the drain. Ain't nobody got no time for talking one of them into moving along.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom