The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wait... are you saying that all those times that people have justified drinking because they loved the taste, has been a lie? Instead it was for its "buzz" potential? Is my perception of that whole process pretty much like when I was young and bought Playboy because of the great articles?
I know somebody who bought it for the articles, or at least that's what he told his husband

Figgy1

Premium Member
Day 1 of staycation this week. I actually slept in until 5:30 this morning. Feel so refreshed! :joyfull:

"Schedule" for this week: doing this, that, and another thing. Timeline: none. :p
Day one of my staycation this week. Get up 3am, yoga, marinate chicken, pack lunches, make breakfast, laundry...………….........……......… Please swap with me:angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Broccoli salad recipe please. Like... now. Come on,... fork it over... so I can fork it into my mouth....
Chopped broccoli, finely minced Vidalia(1 small), 4 shredded carrots, a couple of handful of raisins, 4 or 5 minced celery stalks. Mayo 1 cup of soaked nuts(I used a blend of walnuts and brazil nuts) in a blender with "milk", juice of 1/2 lg lemon, onion powder, garlic powder salt and pepper to taste. or you could be lazy and use the mayo of your choice edit I made a larger batch

MySmallWorldof4

Emy’s church outfit for today, then chillin’ in a different outfit on mom and pops back porch swing...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

View attachment 371803
View attachment 371802

My 3 Shiner beers... :cautious:
No worries, as I didn’t operate a motor vehicle or any heavy machinery afterwards...!!!!! :D;):)

View attachment 371804
View attachment 371806
View attachment 371805

They were all great, but, the Day Quencher was the standout...!!!!! :hungry:

Appetizers...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 371807

Mom wanted fried chicken for her Mother’s Day feast, so fried chicken it was...!!!!!
:hungry:

View attachment 371808

Sides, and yes @figmentfan423 that is kale in the upper salad, and even some of @MinnieM123 ’s fave, fried okra, in the upper right...!!!!! :hungry::D:hilarious:;):)

View attachment 371809

My plate, and desserts...!!!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 371811
View attachment 371812

All in all, another great day and more irreplaceable, wonderful family time together...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

Hope all of you moms out there also had a fabulous Mother’s Day...!!!!!!! :happy::)
Emy is sitting up already. Wow! She is so precious. Glad you all had a great day. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Chopped broccoli, finely minced Vidalia(1 small), 4 shredded carrots, a couple of handful of raisins, 4 or 5 minced celery stalks. Mayo 1 cup of soaked nuts(I used a blend of walnuts and brazil nuts) in a blender with "milk", juice of 1/2 lg lemon, onion powder, garlic powder salt and pepper to taste. or you could be lazy and use the mayo of your choice edit I made a larger batch
Do you blanch the broccoli at all or is it completely raw?

wdwfan4ver

It was 4 boxes of 10 pieces each (2 spicey, and 2 regular - so 40 pieces), and there were only a few left, and everyone wasn’t even there...!!!!! :hilarious:
Church’s Chicken is sooooo darn good, though...!!!!!!! :hungry::joyfull::hungry:
We, of course, have KFC (but don’t eat there anymore because it doesn’t agree with any of our tummies - and I can eat stuff that would make a billy goat puke, but, somewhere along the way they messed with the recipe, and it’s just a rumblefest ;)), but we also have Bush’s, Golden Chick, and Popeyes, which are all tasty...!!!!!!! :hungry:
Don't feel bad about KFC not able to get along with tummies. I came a from a family that our stomach's can't get a long with KFC. When I want Fried chicken, I go to a local fried chicken place that has been around since 1957. The only catch I don't go there a lot due to cost.

This is what I call good chicken:
1552655-pic5a.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom