The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Okay, so apparently I'm staying in WDW two days longer than my parents in August.

Oh, how to tell them...
That should be an easier problem to deal with than what my parents had to deal with my dad's own mom.

What happened was My mom won a Mother's Day Radio Station contest drawing for going to WDW for a family of 4 for 5 days and 4 nights. The Contest took place in 1991. What my Mom won was free Delta Airline airfare, free Mears transportation, free Hotel stay at Yacht and Beach club for 5 days and 4 night, free park admission, Free water park admission, and 3 free Table Service meals a day.

One would figure that Grandma would happy that her Grandsons first WDW trip was one that her daughter-in-law won, but not in this case despite the fact she went to WDW 2 times before our first trip including at least one after Epcot opened:(.

My grandma was not happy because she couldn't stand my mom won a trip unlike my grandfather. Grandfather was very happy about my mom won a WDW trip.

My grandma had a very bad jealous streak that caused her to lose a lot of friends and not able to get along with her own siblings.

Even before my mom won the trip, My grandma already was Jealous of my mom before than. My grandma couldn't stand my parents had their own garden despite she had her own garden too. There is some other expands of her Jealous streak that I rather not go into.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
@93boomer , how's the electrical lines repair work going for hubs? Will he be on the road for another week or so, or do they get a break for a few days each week to come home? I saw on TV about all the storms lately down across the South, so I assumed he'd be busy for a while yet.
Hi Minnie. Thanks for thinking of him.😉 He had yesterday off for Easter but had to go into work around lunch. Our power went off for about 6 hours. It was bad with the wind and 5 inches of rain! Flooded roads everywhere! Power all restored here. No traveling for him. My WiFi has been off since yesterday and may not be back on until Monday. He is off today through Monday so we are going to visit our Dd and SIL. Take care and Happy Easter to you and all my friends on here. 🐇

Cesar R M

That should be an easier problem to deal with than what my parents had to deal with my dad's own mom.

What happened was My mom won a Mother's Day Radio Station contest drawing for going to WDW for a family of 4 for 5 days and 4 nights. The Contest took place in 1991. What my Mom won was free Delta Airline airfare, free Mears transportation, free Hotel stay at Yacht and Beach club for 5 days and 4 night, free park admission, Free water park admission, and 3 free Table Service meals a day.

One would figure that Grandma would happy that her Grandsons first WDW trip was one that her daughter-in-law won, but not in this case despite the fact she went to WDW 2 times before our first trip including at least one after Epcot opened:(.

My grandma was not happy because she couldn't stand my mom won a trip unlike my grandfather. Grandfather was very happy about my won a WDW trip.

My grandma had a very bad jealous streak that caused her to lose a lot of friends and not able to get along with her own siblings.

Even before my mom won the trip, My grandma already was Jealous of my mom before than. My grandma couldn't stand my parents had their own garden despite she had her own garden too. There is some other expands of her Jealous streak that I rather not go into.
yikes...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi Minnie. Thanks for thinking of him.😉 He had yesterday off for Easter but had to go into work around lunch. Our power went off for about 6 hours. It was bad with the wind and 5 inches of rain! Flooded roads everywhere! Power all restored here. No traveling for him. My WiFi has been off since yesterday and may not be back on until Monday. He is off today through Monday so we are going to visit our Dd and SIL. Take care and Happy Easter to you and all my friends on here. 🐇
Good luck and stay safe my friend xoxo

Songbird76

Her cupcake matches her dress! Love it!!! :joyfull:

By the way, those cupcake decorations look professionally done. Nice.
The Minnie Mouse cupcakes were completely DD's creation. She designed it and figured out how to make the bow and everything. And it was her idea to take a selfie with the cupcake and her in the matching dress. DD is very creative.

Songbird76

What a fun celebration for your mom and all who joined in the festivities. By the way, I thought the cake was pretty. (I have a real sweet tooth, and any time there's a cake with those frosting flowers, I always try to get a piece of cake that has one on it!) :hungry:
Oh just for you then, the rest of the cupcakes we made. The sheep were for DS and the rest were just for fun. We wanted to experiment with dying icing in different shades, and using different tips to make flowers. Some worked better than others.

Songbird76

It is amazing isn't it. Even though my wife and I only had two kids, they married and between them had four children. I notice it at family get togethers that how two people turned into a small crowd. And before long the possibility of those four with three in their late teens (17-18-19) having a couple of others themselves. It is mind boggling. What isn't so great is being the oldest of the crowd. :D
I have a friend that is from a family of 9 kids. I would sure hate to be paying for that family reunion at this point.
DH's parents both come from huge families. I always get it mixed up, but one is from a family of 9 kids, and the other 11 kids. We used to get together with his dad's family twice a year, but you had to pay your own way. Each family paid per person and then we would have a sort of lottery to make money for the following get together. So everyone would bring something to be raffled off. I made zucchini bread and poppyseed bread, someone else made greeting cards, someone else brought a bottle of booze, someone else brought a nice picture frame, etc. And then we sold tickets and they'd raffle off so many of the things per round of tickets. Then for the next get together, each family had to pay less out of pocket. It worked well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom