The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I would really do your homework about a job that sounds too good to be true, usually they are scams , especially the working from home ones and I hate for that to happen to you.

Here in the UK most people have to contribute to their cost of dental treatment but it's 3 different bands. The most expensive would cost £257 or $340 so that's the max you would pay for a root canal and crown.
That being said the crown offered on the NHS isn't as nice as a crown you pay for out of pocket. I decided to pay for a nicer crown myself but the root canal plus crown was just over $600.
I don't really understand US medical prices.
American medical prices reminds me of the game "whose line it is". Where the announcer keeps explaining how "everything is made up and points dont matter"
In this case.. where everything is made up prices and the insurance doesnt matter. :hilarious:

Cesar R M

I would really do your homework about a job that sounds too good to be true, usually they are scams , especially the working from home ones and I hate for that to happen to you.

Here in the UK most people have to contribute to their cost of dental treatment but it's 3 different bands. The most expensive would cost £257 or $340 so that's the max you would pay for a root canal and crown.
That being said the crown offered on the NHS isn't as nice as a crown you pay for out of pocket. I decided to pay for a nicer crown myself but the root canal plus crown was just over $600.
I don't really understand US medical prices.
I'm doing so.
It seems a legitimate company with a legitimate registry and tax files as per the Canadian law.
The contract does not seem to have anything suspicius. They file the explanation of what I'm going to do very clearly.
They denote the wage per week AND the extra hours and shifts If I wanted extra bucks.

The only thing is that I will have to go to Quebec (I presume) to deliver the papers and get the basic training for 10 days.

The wage is still pretty high..

Maybe I should share the document with you all privately to get some insight and see if it makes you ring a red alert?

MySmallWorldof4

We had DS's intake meeting for high school today. It went really well and DS was so good at answering the questions..so clear, and he only started crying once when we brought up his past and the bullying, but he just teared up and wiped the tears away and was still able to talk. A year ago he would have completely shut down and said he didn't want to talk about it. So it was really good, and she also wrote down our concerns about him needing to be challenged academically since they don't offer the highest level of school at the special education school. She asked us if we had considered a public school because of that, and we said that wasn't really an option for him at the moment and explained why, and she made sure to note it so they can keep that it mind. And she made note of the 2 other kids he's friends with who are also going there at his level so they can try to keep them together in one class. Class sizes are around 8 kids, max of 10, so it can really make a difference to have friends there.

Now if we can just finally arrange for DS to actually get to see the school!! They have 5 locations and it all depends on your level and grade where you will go. Most of the kids are VMBO level and the open house was at the VMBO locations, so they all got tours of the locations where they will be placed, but for some reason they did not let us look at the HAVO location and we keep asking and they have not been very....forthcoming about why we can't tour it. At the open house, they said it was too much to have all the locations open, especially since some of the staff go between locations...they wanted to keep it to the one place. (the 2 VMBO locations for the first 2 years are on the same street) So we asked if we could make an appointment to see the other...well, no, it would be too disruptive to the students for everyone to make an appointment. Maybe, once you've gotten your advice and you've chosen our school, you can take a quick look at the intake....but then the intake was also at the VMBO location, so we couldn't take a look at the Havo location. So we still haven't seen it. She wrote that down, too, so maybe it can be arranged. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
I am sure that because you have lived there for a while and have dealt with the school system, that all that makes sense. It seems just plain complicated to me.

Rista1313

Much planning on other than Disney trips going on today. Hubby has a pipe show in the Chicago area-ish May 3-5.... So balanced the budget for that. I had no intentions of going, but he was unable to find a ride (can't drive, he's disabled) and he couldn't find a roommate. Hoping to meet up with some friends and people while I'm there... eat some Chicago pizza and Garrett's popcorn. So I'll be in your area @Gabe1

Made my shuttle reservations for my knitting retreat in June at Rochester MN... I had a one-way credit from last year, and they actually still had it! (I didn't believe them last year when they told me they could hold a credit for me)

After June I have to wait alllllllllllll the way until Sept for Disney! Too long between trips~!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 5 cont’d - Living Seas
We used a FP to ride the Nemo Living seas ride

Checked out the manatee - found out where all of the Romaine lettuce went to when they pulled it off the shelves
View attachment 350925
Sting ray!
View attachment 350926
Saw some divers
View attachment 350927
Just clowning around in this one
View attachment 350928
The girls tried to recreate an older pic
But they had to switch sides to be able to recreate both !!
View attachment 350929View attachment 350930View attachment 350931View attachment 350932
The last one was circa 2004

Max

I'm sorry to inform you it's not limited to males. I never realized how filthy some women can be until I had to share a bathroom with 49 other girls in the Army, LOL.

Humans can be gross. All of us.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Much planning on other than Disney trips going on today. Hubby has a pipe show in the Chicago area-ish May 3-5.... So balanced the budget for that. I had no intentions of going, but he was unable to find a ride (can't drive, he's disabled) and he couldn't find a roommate. Hoping to meet up with some friends and people while I'm there... eat some Chicago pizza and Garrett's popcorn. So I'll be in your area @Gabe1

Made my shuttle reservations for my knitting retreat in June at Rochester MN... I had a one-way credit from last year, and they actually still had it! (I didn't believe them last year when they told me they could hold a credit for me)

After June I have to wait alllllllllllll the way until Sept for Disney! Too long between trips~!

That weekend is both Cinco de Mayo and the start of Ramadan! Have fun in Chicago! I want to go there someday because they have a Nutella store/restaurant!!

Songbird76

Are you mad at me? I love my moms but...............……............…. at sea????????????????????? ROFLMAO
Hey, I said "or"! I bet if you are short on cruise-loving friends, you could find someone on here who would be willing to share a room. OR, you could always splurge on a solo trip. Let the guys have a chance to miss you and all the things you do for them.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Hey, I said "or"! I bet if you are short on cruise-loving friends, you could find someone on here who would be willing to share a room. OR, you could always splurge on a solo trip. Let the guys have a chance to miss you and all the things you do for them.

I took a solo cruise when I came home from Iraq. I just needed to be out on the ocean. It was really fun, but it was really lonely. I travel a lot by myself, but on a cruise everyone is coupled up. You're like the third wheel for eighty million couples, LOL.

Cesar R M

I took a solo cruise when I came home from Iraq. I just needed to be out on the ocean. It was really fun, but it was really lonely. I travel a lot by myself, but on a cruise everyone is coupled up. You're like the third wheel for eighty million couples, LOL.
I heard there are some cruise companies tailored for the SOLO cruiser.
Not sure if it was MSC or Norwegian.
Where they have individual cabins that are together and the cruise company try to put them together so they don't feel lonely(as in events and dinning).

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I heard there are some cruise companies tailored for the SOLO cruiser.
Not sure if it was MSC or Norwegian.
Where they have individual cabins that are together and the cruise company try to put them together so they don't feel lonely(as in events and dinning).

I'm an introvert so that sounds like it would be worse. At least with the couples I didn't have to interact with anyone regularly unless I chose to, LOL. Being paired up with a stranger sounds miserable!

Cesar R M

I'm an introvert so that sounds like it would be worse. At least with the couples I didn't have to interact with anyone regularly unless I chose to, LOL. Being paired up with a stranger sounds miserable!
You're like me then, I really like to be by myself.
When I'm with the others I'm always the one planning everything and making sure everyone else is having a good time (and stresses me lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom