The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Today was an election day here, state supreme court, our town board and school board. The only office that had an opponent was the state supreme court so I knew the polling place wasn't going to be busy but hubs insisted that we got there 10 minutes early. Besides the workers we were the only ones there, another voter did show up as I was leaving. So I got to be voter number 1! Some of the polling workers actually cheered a little when we walked in because they had a bet going on as to who would show up first and some people placed their bets on us!😃
I did vote too, but not right away. There was not a lot of people voted at the polling place either. The people at the polling place were happy to see me there since they recognize me.

Cesar R M

Boo, the more I search about this canadian company.. the more I think its a scam.

The address they have for their american office.. is in the middle of an intersection. The buildings around this intersection do not match the number given..

And the Montreal address is.. well.. an empty looking office building that seems kinda far apart from downtown.. and not very "high tech".
But then, this is an online company. Not many have fancy headquarters.. only have offices for government and regulation purposes.. hmm...

edit
To expand.. their email systems are not self hosted, they use a third party multidomain payable.
They use a non normal domain registrar, normal ones are like godaddy.com.

edit2
I feel like a cyberdetective. I contacted a business nearby to check if the company really exists in the same building.

edit3
After very thoroughly investigation..
It seems that option is definitively a fraud. I'm going for the second job opportunity.

Seems the "financial agent" job is a scam and getting common nowadays..
http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/fraud-escroquerie/job-emploi-eng.htm

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is it a pretty small town? Sometimes I kind of miss that small town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone, and sometimes I am glad I'm out of that environment. It has it's pros and cons.

Yep, we are a very tiny town. And there are pros and cons....but for now the pros out weigh the cons.

We are planning on going to the Efteling this weekend....any requests for pictures?

Anything you'd like to share would be appreciated! :) Have a fantastic time!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That weekend is both Cinco de Mayo and the start of Ramadan! Have fun in Chicago! I want to go there someday because they have a Nutella store/restaurant!!

We walked past the Nutella store/restaurant at Christmastime and it was packed full of people. We had thought about going there but didn't want to wait in the massive line.

And speaking of Nutella, I had it on a french toast bagel this morning! :hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I did vote too, but not right away. There was not a lot of people voted at the polling place either. The people at the polling place were happy to see me there since they recognize me.

The polling workers know us too. I was trying to give the lady my id to check but she had already marked me off and had me sign while she was busy chatting with me she didn't even look at it. Then as I hesitated to move, it finally registered with her that she should look at least glance at my id!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Boo, the more I search about this canadian company.. the more I think its a scam.

The address they have for their american office.. is in the middle of an intersection. The buildings around this intersection do not match the number given..

And the Montreal address is.. well.. an empty looking office building that seems kinda far apart from downtown.. and not very "high tech".
But then, this is an online company. Not many have fancy headquarters.. only have offices for government and regulation purposes.. hmm...

edit
To expand.. their email systems are not self hosted, they use a third party multidomain payable.

edit2
I feel like a cyberdetective. I contacted a business nearby to check if the company really exists in the same building.

edit3
It seems that option is definitively a fraud. I'm going for the second job opportunity.

Seems the "financial agent" job is a getting common nowadays..
http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/fraud-escroquerie/job-emploi-eng.htm

Sometimes if it seems to good to be true it is. I'm glad you researched them before jumping in and it is probably wise to give them a pass. Good luck with the other option.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I took a solo cruise when I came home from Iraq. I just needed to be out on the ocean. It was really fun, but it was really lonely. I travel a lot by myself, but on a cruise everyone is coupled up. You're like the third wheel for eighty million couples, LOL.

Yah, it's not like going solo to the Disney parks where everything is so spread out, and you could just blend in with the crowd. I could see how a cruise would be a bit more uncomfortable going solo. (Some cruise lines have singles cruises, if you ever wanted to try one of those in the future. And they're not all meat racks either -- a number of people just want to go on a cruise, but don't have anyone to join them, so the singles cruises are an option.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

edit

edit2

edit3

Seems the "financial agent" job is a getting common nowadays..

Sorry to hear that, Cesar, but thank God you found out before you put any more effort into this particular one.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We walked past the Nutella store/restaurant at Christmastime and it was packed full of people. We had thought about going there but didn't want to wait in the massive line.

And speaking of Nutella, I had it on a french toast bagel this morning! :hungry:

Not sure why, but I don't like Nutella. I prefer basic peanut butter. You know what else I like? A piece of toast with peanut butter, and then drizzled honey on top! :hungry:

Cesar R M

Sometimes if it seems to good to be true it is. I'm glad you researched them before jumping in and it is probably wise to give them a pass. Good luck with the other option.
Honestly, accepting the job wouldn't have damaged me in the minimum anyway. If they tried to make me "transfer" money into my bank and then fraudulently wire it out to block-chain or access my finances.. that's where the fraud takes places...

But yes.. gotta be cautious nowadays.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So.....the latest round of stupid people

One person has bid on 2 tickets to the new Avengers movie....selling for $9,200 on ebay (with 70 people watching the item).

World has gone bat crazy.

And in addition to the above, my rant today is about the people who "bought": their college aged kids admission into some top colleges. But wait, there's more -- While two of the more well-known Hollywood types were at the federal courthouse in Boston today, there were actually some fans outside, waiting to get autographs and selfies with them??!! Are you kidding me??!!

Because of these mothers, (and about 18 other lesser known, but wealthy people, who bought college admission for their kids), the dreams of some other qualified, hard working, young people, never came to fruition, as they lost their acceptances by someone who stole it from them. I'm beside myself over what I saw on my local news stations here this evening. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom