The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

I'm a bit baffled right now.
Lets just say that I got an offer that is.. way too good to be real (but once I searched the position and looked at their salaries.. the price is similarly priced as others).

This job is sort of a business center that sells phone apps and then transfer some of that stuff into digital valuables.
The payment seems EXTREMELY WELL for a person like me, of course with the responsibility added that there shouldn't be mistakes in these transfers. Think of it like a bank.
To make things better.. the job is working from home.
I'm still unsure if he is ok for me to work remotely from outside the country or if I have to apply for a VISA and get a proper work permit before joining.
I would really do your homework about a job that sounds too good to be true, usually they are scams , especially the working from home ones and I hate for that to happen to you.

Someone at work needs a root canal and a crown = cost $1500 with insurance

Ah that sweet smell of everyone for their own capitalism (sarcasm)
Here in the UK most people have to contribute to their cost of dental treatment but it's 3 different bands. The most expensive would cost £257 or $340 so that's the max you would pay for a root canal and crown.
That being said the crown offered on the NHS isn't as nice as a crown you pay for out of pocket. I decided to pay for a nicer crown myself but the root canal plus crown was just over $600.
I don't really understand US medical prices.

Songbird76

Today was an election day here, state supreme court, our town board and school board. The only office that had an opponent was the state supreme court so I knew the polling place wasn't going to be busy but hubs insisted that we got there 10 minutes early. Besides the workers we were the only ones there, another voter did show up as I was leaving. So I got to be voter number 1! Some of the polling workers actually cheered a little when we walked in because they had a bet going on as to who would show up first and some people placed their bets on us!😃
Is it a pretty small town? Sometimes I kind of miss that small town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone, and sometimes I am glad I'm out of that environment. It has it's pros and cons.

Songbird76

Does anyone have a Huawei or Xiaomi phone? Not sure if I should get because some people say they are compatible with Metro PCS and some people say they are not.

And yes, I know about the controversy over Huawei but if you think Apple, Google, Amazon or the rest of them doesn't spy on you then god help you.
I have a xiaomi, but I don't know what Metro PCS is to tell you if it's compatible or not.

12in12

Does anyone have a Huawei or Xiaomi phone? Not sure if I should get because some people say they are compatible with Metro PCS and some people say they are not.

And yes, I know about the controversy over Huawei but if you think Apple, Google, Amazon or the rest of them doesn't spy on you then god help you.
Sorry can't help you, I have a Google phone.
I know they track my every move, they are not even trying to hide it anymore.

I want to go on a cruise, my dh never will but I get the whole floating petri dish:hungover:
Any place where there are a lot of people you will find a lot of germs. Personally I think cruise ships have a high standard of cleaning, every day they disinfect all surfaces like handrails etc. and they actively encourage guests to disinfect their hands when entering a restaurant.
Obviously on occasion a stomach bug will spread but that is then blown out of proportion by guests and media but the same can happen in an all inclusive resort on land.

Songbird76

We had DS's intake meeting for high school today. It went really well and DS was so good at answering the questions..so clear, and he only started crying once when we brought up his past and the bullying, but he just teared up and wiped the tears away and was still able to talk. A year ago he would have completely shut down and said he didn't want to talk about it. So it was really good, and she also wrote down our concerns about him needing to be challenged academically since they don't offer the highest level of school at the special education school. She asked us if we had considered a public school because of that, and we said that wasn't really an option for him at the moment and explained why, and she made sure to note it so they can keep that it mind. And she made note of the 2 other kids he's friends with who are also going there at his level so they can try to keep them together in one class. Class sizes are around 8 kids, max of 10, so it can really make a difference to have friends there.

Now if we can just finally arrange for DS to actually get to see the school!! They have 5 locations and it all depends on your level and grade where you will go. Most of the kids are VMBO level and the open house was at the VMBO locations, so they all got tours of the locations where they will be placed, but for some reason they did not let us look at the HAVO location and we keep asking and they have not been very....forthcoming about why we can't tour it. At the open house, they said it was too much to have all the locations open, especially since some of the staff go between locations...they wanted to keep it to the one place. (the 2 VMBO locations for the first 2 years are on the same street) So we asked if we could make an appointment to see the other...well, no, it would be too disruptive to the students for everyone to make an appointment. Maybe, once you've gotten your advice and you've chosen our school, you can take a quick look at the intake....but then the intake was also at the VMBO location, so we couldn't take a look at the Havo location. So we still haven't seen it. She wrote that down, too, so maybe it can be arranged. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Songbird76

Obviously on occasion a stomach bug will spread but that is then blown out of proportion by guests and media but the same can happen in an all inclusive resort on land.
You see it quite a bit in hospitals....everyone there is sick in some way and doctors and nurses are caring for all of them, people are visiting, people have to share rooms....things spread quickly.

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry can't help you, I have a Google phone.
I know they track my every move, they are not even trying to hide it anymore.

Any place where there are a lot of people you will find a lot of germs. Personally I think cruise ships have a high standard of cleaning, every day they disinfect all surfaces like handrails etc. and they actively encourage guests to disinfect their hands when entering a restaurant.
DCL wouldn’t let anyone in a dining area unless they used a wipe first. I thought it was weird at first, but then realized that not everyone has the same hygiene standards that are necessary to keep germs from spreading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom