The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Ok, this is weird.

#1.. I just got contacted from a job in Canada.. I do not remember contacting this company but they say I applied in a job hunt website.
#2.. They know my name and I think they seen my CV.
#3 The problem.. I think they are in Quebec not BC, nor near Vancouver.
#4 The temps in Quebec are scary :p
#5 the email seems legitimate from the company.

So will see how it goes..

(edit, unless this is a very elaborate april 1st joke, which is.. not cool. Specially since this april fools thing is only an american thing? All latin american countries have Dia de Santos Inocentes. which is on December 28 )

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok, this is weird.

#1.. I just got contacted from a job in Canada.. I do not remember contacting this company but they say I applied in a job hunt website.

(edit, unless this is a very elaborate april 1st joke, which is.. not cool. Specially since this april fools thing is only an american thing? All latin american countries have Dia de Santos Inocentes. which is on December 28 )
Good luck my friend. If you get it would it be easier to find something permanent once you're in Canada?

Goofyernmost

Went out for dinner last night to celebrate. DH looks outside and tells me that maybe they should blindfold me. The white stuff was flying pretty hard for spring. Luckily, it didn't stick, and the sun is shining this morning. Cold as heck, but beautiful blue sky.
I told this story before so I will keep it short. My daughter got married on April 8, 2000. The ceremony was at 11am and it was around 72 degrees that morning in Vermont. We had the reception just a few miles away from the chapel and by the time it broke up, which was about 5:30pm there was 4 inches of snow on the ground. We were at an inside, no outside window ball room and didn't know that was even happening. It continued to snow that evening and into the overnight. It was bad enough that she and her husband's flight out was cancelled causing them to not make the cruise to the Caribbean. That started a nightmare day of determining how to make arrangements to meet the cruise ship at the first port of call plus they had to spend the second night of their honeymoon on an inflatable mattress on my living room floor. But, that was 19 years ago and they are still together so that part is good. Just one of 50K reasons why I hate winter and snow.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

You were lucky compare to my younger brother and I.

Back when my younger brother and I were kids, My dad's mom refused to put away dog and allowed smoking in their house despite my younger brother and I grew up with asthma and allergies. My eyes and nose was going off whenever I had to go there including Christmas Eve.

My dad came from a family of heavy smokers. My late grandparents actually bought lucky strike cigarettes by the box based on what I seen in their bedroom. Their bedroom was where all jackets were put. My dad was a smoker, but at least he quit when I was 9 or 10 years old.

The problem with the dog was easy. My grandparents went through one dog and replaced it with another. The thing with those dogs is they were not trained properly and they had fur.

My late grandparents had a dog that sheds. That dog also did stink while it sheds.
It is sad when a relative will put their habits ahead of their kids or grandkids health.

Goofyernmost

I really hope we can keep the smoking thing in the smoking thread. Many of us have some very strong opinions about it, reverse entitlement and other parts as well. Please leave it in it's own thread so I can enjoy myself in this tread. We are becoming those people that make fun of the opinions and actions of others. That problem of enforcement is between those that break that rules and the degree that Disney is willing to enforce those rules.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's funny! Never heard of a baby that loved avocado before. I've heard of mashed bananas, but not avocado. :)

Had a chuckle when I saw her propped up on the table in the restaurant, too. Can you imagine how odd it would look if an adult sat on the table? I love how babies can do anything, and it's always perfectly acceptable! ;)

Unfortunately, A loved avocado from six months old. I used to get to eat all the avocados, and now I have to share. Worse, she'll eat an entire avocado before you're even halfway through your first taco, let alone making your second one. When you grab some and set it aside for yourself, she eats all hers, and then some, and then guilt trips you into sharing yours.

StarWarsGirl

Today is April Fools Day.
It's usually celebrated by kids in the elementary schools.
I was ready for: "Teacher, I forgot my instrument.......nah.....April Fools".
.....or "Teacher, your shoe is untied. Ha...Made you look! April Fools!" :p
.................Yet I didn't get any of those.
My junior year of high school, my teacher showed up late to class. In the time she was gone, we reversed her classroom. Turned all of the desks around, moved the podium, and then a student got up and started pretending to teach. She briefly thought she was in the wrong classroom. Then she laughed about it and made us put everything back.

SteveBrickNJ

Ok, this is weird.

Dia de Santos Inocentes.....how cool! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom