The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

For avocado lovers and haters, I made chocolate avocado pudding yesterday. My picky son ate it. No sugar in it. I used date syrup. I didn’t mention that I used avocado. Also gave him a veggie sausage for lunch today. He had no clue it was vegetarian. They are the Field Roast ones that they sell in DS. You should have seen his face after he ate it all and then was told what it was. This is the kid that needs to eat more vegetables, so I have no guilt in tricking him.

Figgy1

For avocado lovers and haters, I made chocolate avocado pudding yesterday. My picky son ate it. No sugar in it. I used date syrup. I didn’t mention that I used avocado. Also gave him a veggie sausage for lunch today. He had no clue it was vegetarian. They are the Field Roast ones that they sell in DS. You should have seen his face after he ate it all and then was told what it was. This is the kid that needs to eat more vegetables, so I have no guilt in tricking him.
I'll swap. My dh stopped and picked up more carrots and broccoli on the way home yesterday. You'd think 10 pounds of carrots would be enough for the week:rolleyes::cautious::brb::banghead: I don't care if I run out of apples 10 pounds should also be enough! He was stopping in the neighborhood so I texted him a short list.

Songbird76

Songbird76

Hmm. Makes me almost want to be a premium member. Just almost. I am ok with just hanging out with friends here and reading trip reports when I get a chance. ;)
I think I'd rather remain oblivious to what people say about me. There are always going to be people you don't get along with, and people who don't like you. It's inevitable, and reading what they say will do nothing but make you feel bad about yourself. I'm happy here and in the TRs....no time for more anyway!

Songbird76

That's really great then. Sometimes 15 to 21 year olds have a "secret language" and certain words are code for something you would never imagine. I was mostly focused on YOU in case you were toying with "should I let her buy that shirt or shouldn't I? "
Funny story....I work in a warehouse for an online children's clothing store. A year or 2 ago, they decided to make their own brand and sell clothing. They asked for suggestions about names, and our company logo is a monkey. I sent in several names, but none of them were chosen. But they chose an English name, and I really wish they had run it by the only native English speaker in the company before actually naming it, because it's actually borderline obscene. I don't want to put the name here, because I'm afraid it might not be appropriate. But it references the logo, but it sounds more like a slang word for the male anatomy. And of course, they have no idea, because they never asked.

Figgy1

I get 2 different types of weather alerts the bad one that will wake the dead 2 blocks over and one that's just an annoying ping, well the ping went off a few minutes ago and now I need to wash my mouth out with soap. To be honest the ping never went off for good news before, May like weather coming in for the weekend.:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Songbird76

Okay, now the interesting part...

My great grandmother was raised by her grandmother. Her father died when she was two. Her mother supposedly died before that.

Well...

That's not what happened. Her mother left her father, remarried, and died in eastern Maryland in the 1970s.

I mean, dang.
Sounds like my grandfather. He lived with his mother's parents until he was around 5, when his mother showed up with a new husband and said she was taking him and they were moving to Colorado....they were part of some religious cult I guess. So they headed to Colorado, and this group didn't believe in medicine/doctors, and grandpa's (half)sister got sick and his mom and stepdad were convinced they could heal her through prayer. She died, and my grandfather ran away as soon as he was old enough. He went to confront his father years later, and his dad didn't even know he existed....grandpa found out he had a half brother, and ended up having a great relationship with the brother. But we still don't know what happened with his parents. We don't know if they were married or not, but the dad never knew that she was pregnant, so they must have separated before grandpa was born, but he's the spitting image of his dad, so there's no mistaking who his dad was. He was so angry at his mom for taking him away from her parents, because he loved them so much. And then watching his sister get sick and die...I don't think he ever talked to her again once he ran away, but I could be wrong.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I get 2 different types of weather alerts the bad one that will wake the dead 2 blocks over and one that's just an annoying ping, well the ping went off a few minutes ago and now I need to wash my mouth out with soap. To be honest the ping never went off for good news before, May like weather coming in for the weekend.:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
I took the snow brush out of my car when I cleaned it today. I better not have to put it back until at least December.

Cesar R M

Try the Public Universities and the Private Universities in more liberal states that embrace diversity and individuals with disabilities. Even the For Profit Universities in Liberal areas hire immigrating staff and instructors. It is easier for immigration attorneys to plea green cards for there is a shortage in your field as there is a gap now waiting to be filled in the Corporate field.
Unsure if my career fits inside universities. But I did apply for a few ones that had positions here in Canada.
But good suggestion!

As for me.. meh, I'm stubborn as hell. I will keep trying.

I'm going to find a way to consolidate my debt again to pay as little as possible even if it means having to pay the long way (with more interests) while I keep looking for other opportunities. Also finding ways to get more certificates and exams so I get to prove that I KNOW what I'm doing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I bought him a Native American print fabric and made a belt.. but he must have chosen not to wear it. 😐

I’m proud of T though, he chose all the photos and made the board himself.. I wasn’t even allowed to space the letters.lol

What a nice, appropriate presentation all around. I'm impressed with him. Shows he really cared to get it right.

That's nice that you helped him with the fabric for the clothing. (Too bad he didn't wear the belt.) ;)

SteveBrickNJ

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Does that mean the Cinderella carriages strollers will be banned as well? Personally I think they are ridiculous and would be happy if they are no longer allowed.
Same rental company

Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Unsure if my career fits inside universities. But I did apply for a few ones that had positions here in Canada.
But good suggestion!

As for me.. meh, I'm stubborn as hell. I will keep trying.

I'm going to find a way to consolidate my debt again to pay as little as possible even if it means having to pay the long way (with more interests) while I keep looking for other opportunities. Also finding ways to get more certificates and exams so I get to prove that I KNOW what I'm doing.
All good ideas. As for our Universities a Masters is usually needed to be an instructor. But there are other positions beyond especially in the non Big 10 type of State School and Private. They all need their tech help and many don’t want to live rural so those positions are harder to fill. Look for Division 3 for smaller colleges and universities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom