• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

RedNoseMickey

Enjoy your half day off!!

I'm off all day today!!! I've been taking off a few days here and there, as my vacation bank was getting a bit too high. (There is a maximum amount they let us bank up at work, and if you exceed maximum, you start to lose any time over that.) I love taking off random days as I get caught up on "stuff" that I have no intention of dealing with on a regular weekend, when I'm doing other "stuff".

Why is it that we all have so much "stuff" to deal with all the time?! :p
Enjoy your day off, I hope you get lots of stuff done today.

Last edited:

RedNoseMickey

In something completely different.. I really wonder why life teases me so bad.
Right after calling me the reasoning of why I was not chosen to advance in the cruise job. I got an email notification.. that a IT job on Disney Cruise Line had just opened up.
I quickly logged in and sent my improved information and C.V.
Wow, working on a Disney ship might be perfect for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I reached out to a friend of mine who's at Google but haven't heard back.
I can try a few other people but they are all in finance not tech.

MouseDreaming

So.. got an additional email from the cruise recruitment company. turns out that the addendum in my interview was "looks nervous and this affected his ability to express his ideas".

and out of the 4 guys, only 1 passed this interview. They invited me to try again next year.. hmm...

I definitively wasn't that nervous and more like "I need food" kind of way after waiting 6 hours for my interview turn ( I was the last one who wasn't told to "come back later").
But, now you have that feedback. And you know to eat well before your interview, if you could possibly be waiting 6 hours (6 hours is crazy, by the way), before your actual interview.

dryerlintfan

So.. got an additional email from the cruise recruitment company. turns out that the addendum in my interview was "looks nervous and this affected his ability to express his ideas".

and out of the 4 guys, only 1 passed this interview. They invited me to try again next year.. hmm...

I definitively wasn't that nervous and more like "I need food" kind of way after waiting 6 hours for my interview turn ( I was the last one who wasn't told to "come back later").
In the military we had a saying.... Perception is Reality.

If you weren't nervous, that's great! But you still came across nervous and gave the impression that you were nervous. So sit with that and try to figure out what you were doing that would give that impression. That way you can improve.

I'm sorry you got passed over for this. I know you really wanted it.

Songbird76

Well, it's good feedback anyway. You can practice that..maybe practice answering questions in a mirror, or record yourself so you can see any mannerisms that make it look like you are nervous, etc.

Edited to add: it may also be a good idea to bring some snacks in case you have to wait a long time.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

This is off any previous topic but I'll share it anyway. My band room is right near the lunch room. Between lesson groups I decided to take a break from my 5th graders and I visited the lunch tables for the kindergarten kids. As soon as I got to a certain table a little boy had his lunch bag on his head. The girl next to him looked me right in the eyes and with a big smile she said: "Joey said his lunch smells like dog poopy" o_O
What a difference between kindergarten and 5th grade :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rista1313

This is off any previous topic but I'll share it anyway. My band room is right near the lunch room. Between lesson groups I decided nto take a break from my 5th graders and I visited the lunch tables for the kindergarten kids. As soon as I got to a certain table a little boy had his lunch bag on his head. The girl next to him looked me right in the eyes and with a big smile she said: "Joey said his lunch smells like dog poopy" o_O
What a difference between kindergarten and 5th grade :rolleyes:
Is it really though? LOL

Top Bottom