The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Scary. In my state, it's rare that we get tornadoes, and if so, it's the way lesser intensity and quicker duration ones.

The closest I ever came to one was a few years ago. There was a tornado watch for a large area. So, I'm sitting on a train on the way home from work that evening (it was light out, in the summer), and the train stopped briefly for a rail crossing signal. Looking out the window, I could see some huge clouds above, and all of a sudden, I saw rotation. Completely freaked me out watching this. (Then, I noticed that everyone on my side of the train car was fixated at the clouds above as well.) Luckily, it didn't turn into a tornado, but that was close enough for me! :jawdrop: P.S.: There was one tornado (an F1) that landed about 15 miles from where I saw the rotation.

The clouds trying to circle was the strongest thing!
I’ve never seen an actual tornado. Hoping to keep that trend!

MySmallWorldof4

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watched it and really tried to pay attention to everything this time. So tough with kids chattering and asking questions. Liked it even more the second time around. I hope they change their minds and have the third come out when it was originally supposed to be released. I cannot believe the bad ratings it had on rotten tomatoes. That site is rotten.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yikes! Life may get interesting as my dh may go back on the night shift which is better than the afternoon shift he thought he was going to get

Night shift isn't ideal, but waaayyy better than 2nd shift. I knew a woman who worked for a major newspaper and they had 3 shifts. Day shift was fine, because they'd get home for dinner with the family at night. Night shift (midnight to 7) would often let them get home in time for the kids to get up in the morning, getting ready for school, and all could have breakfast. (Then, she would sleep during the day, and wake up late afternoon.) However--

Second shift was the worst, because people would miss dinner and breakfast with the family, and sometimes not even see the kids coming home from school mid-afternoon,, because they'd already be commuting to the city for work. Horrible shift.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had such fun teaching this morning. This little 4 year old was singing We Will Rock You by Queen. She also sang Country Road by John Denver. So adorable. This kid has such a great grasp of English. She is even reading full sentences. Some of these kids are amazing. So glad I decided to do this.

This is wonderful that you're having such a good time teaching. With your love of children, you're a natural. :)

12in12

Indeed!!!
We get time-and-a-half for OT, but anything beyond 2 hours has to be approved by a partner...!!! :greedy:;):)
If I do overtime it's because my boss needs me and she is the one paying so that makes things easy. I just hand in my overtime sheet at the end of the month and I get paid what I'm owned. I'm paid extra for nights but daytime overtime is the same hourly rate as normal working hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom