The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I thought of cold stone too. The only difference is they roll it out thin instead of scooping it up. I get what you say about the cleanliness factor. I assume they change trays for each customer?

Yah, I would hope they'd change it for each customer, but since I've never been to one of these rolled ice cream places, I don't know.

(As a side note: My visit to Cold Stone was a long time ago, and I don't think they did there, but I can't exactly recall. I suppose that whatever they did, must have passed Board of Health regulations for them to be in business; but I guess I was on the fence about how I felt regarding the whole process. Plus, they were expensive as well.)

12in12

I didn't get to leave at 5pm yesterday as I had hoped, it was 6.30pm so only half an hour early. Still better than nothing. I had planned to sleep in but was wide awake at 7am so I figured I should get up to get the day started.
I need some new jeans so decided to go to the mall today to try and find some. I hate jeans that show my undies should I bend over so I only want high rise jeans, unfortunately these are hard to find these days.
I got a free latte at Waitrose and I'm now waiting for the shops to open.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn't get to leave at 5pm yesterday as I had hoped, it was 6.30pm so only half an hour early. Still better than nothing. I had planned to sleep in but was wide awake at 7am so I figured I should get up to get the day started.
I need some new jeans so decided to go to the mall today to try and find some. I hate jeans that show my undies should I bend over so I only want high rise jeans, unfortunately these are hard to find these days.

I also prefer higher waist ones as well. For me, that's just more comfortable than ones that hang on your hips.

Songbird76

Understatement. But Ohare is a Hub for United and tends to be more reliable but I am a short woman and it is tight. Due to flight schedules if we fly into Ohare we tend to fly American. Their seats are larger as is the under seat area but at MCO they outsource their baggage checking and also have obnoxious outside company stalking passengers loading the plane and harassing them. A businessman loading the flight in front of us was stopped and told he'd have to choose and check one of his bag as he was only allowed 1 carry on and one personal smaller item. She told him he had three and pointed to a small grocery bag holding only a sub sandwich. He loudly retorted OK check this. The AA gate agent put an end to it with the Bag Lady. She has harassed my DD twice now, same lady telling her that her carry on was too large and she had to check it. DD stood firm knowing it was correct...we all bought new carry ons when the dimensions changed. Then she told her she had to zip the extenders. DD said no, it complies. She yanked the bag away from her and DROPPED it into the the metal rack and it easily fit and flings it back at her pointing to the jet way. I really wish some of these executives would see what is representing them and how they antagonize the customers just cause they can.

We do better overall with Midway and SouthWest most of the time. It is a rougher neighborhood especially landing around midnight so we tend to avoid it coming back from Disney.
Didn't you used to work for one of the airlines? Was it United?

I hate that they do that...telling people that because the flight is full, not everyone can have their carry-on in the cabin and if not enough people volunteer to check their bag, they will volunteer you. And then you see someone with a HUGE carry-on that obviously does not comply and they don't say a thing. We always tell them we have meds in the carry-ons so we need to have them in the cabin with us. I don't think they are allowed to ask you to prove it....at least no one ever has. But my husband has meds for his diabetes and his high blood pressure.

Songbird76

Star Wars stuff:banghead:
Well, there you go. Next time he wants something Star Wars, tell him if you can have your Vera Bradley, he can have his Star Wars. If he tries to tell you that you don't need the Vera Bradley, tell him he won't die without the Star Wars stuff. And if that doesn't work, ask him how much he values food...tell him you'll cook for Vera Bradley (Will work for food). No Vera Bradley, have fun making your own meals this week!

Songbird76

The time period we went was around July 15- July 20 or 21. It was for my oldest dd birthday both times. I actually remember Epcot being empty around the UK. It was an earlier hour like around 11 or so. Sure WS just opens at 11 but the UK and Canada areas are not closed off. I remarked that it was quieter than when we go in May. It was busier later, but I just remember being amazed at how empty it was at first. Schools don't go back in until August. Our area goes back close to the third week of August. That is about when Florida schools go back in session as well. Some other states start back up a little earlier in August, but unless a school is year round kids are off school through the month of July.
When we went in 2016, we were there from July 25th I think, for 10 days. But our package came with 14 day tickets and we stayed with a friend of mine for the last few days (never doing that again) and we went to Epcot the last day the tickets were valid and it was pretty dead. There was NO ONE at the security/bag check lines, so we were able to get right in and the guy said it was because schools had just started up again. We'll just miss that this time at Disney, but school will probably start up while we're at Universal then, so maybe that will be low crowds. At least we have 2 weeks at Disney...we should be able to get most things in, at least in the 2nd week when it's just my 4.

Songbird76

The like is for dh being better. My dh had kidney stones twice. The first time since he didn't know what it was, he was in a lot of pain. The second time he said it wasn't as bad because he knew what to expect. Hoping there isn't a third time. His just passed, no surgery needed. Your weekend sounded fun otherwise.
May I ask, did your husband feel it when he passed the stones? Does it feel different than the initial pain of the stone lodged wherever it is? DH had a sonogram on Thursday so they could look and see what was there, but the tech didn't find a single stone. So now we don't know if it's possible that he could have passed it without realizing it, or if there were never any stones and it was something else. If it isn't stones, what IS it? He hasn't had an attack since the one a week ago, and he had only had one other episode a couple of days before that, and that one was shorter and not as bad.

Songbird76

Let me just say that it is a terrible idea, especially when you live in a colder state. The kids don't get to enjoy the warmer weather long enough. They should start right after Labor Day. Our kids in public school get out the end of May or first week of June. The problem is is that the weather is still cool. The pools around here that offer swim lessons are not even heated. Sorry but my kids are not going to jump in a pool in the morning when the temperature is still in the 60's and the pool water is in the 50's. I am wondering if the push to start earlier is a way to start year round schooling. That may be something @ajrwdwgirl may have a clue about.
What does year round schooling look like? Is it similar to the European school schedule where the kids only get a short break in the Summer? In the Netherlands, they get 6 weeks in the Summer, 1 week for fall break, 2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week for spring break, and then either one or 2 weeks around Easter, depending on the area and level of school. DD only gets a week this year at Easter, DS gets 2.

Songbird76

Honestly, my first trip to WDW was Christmas week. So I feel... prepared. Maybe we'll get lucky and the kid will be tall enough to ride the new ride.

ETA she totally is!! Says on the Disney page that it's 38" and up, lol, and she's 42.5"!! So maybe we'll get lucky and get a FP
Someone may already have mentioned this as I haven't been here all week, but Disney said they won't be doing FP initially for SW:GE.

Tony the Tigger

May I ask, did your husband feel it when he passed the stones? Does it feel different than the initial pain of the stone lodged wherever it is? DH had a sonogram on Thursday so they could look and see what was there, but the tech didn't find a single stone. So now we don't know if it's possible that he could have passed it without realizing it, or if there were never any stones and it was something else. If it isn't stones, what IS it? He hasn't had an attack since the one a week ago, and he had only had one other episode a couple of days before that, and that one was shorter and not as bad.

You can definitely pass it without feeling it. I had some tiny stones a couple of years ago. I found out by suddenly getting sweaty and doubled-over pain. I got some medication that relaxes, therefore enlarges, your tubes, which allows them to pass more easily. I also went crazy with lemons, and a tincture from Whole Foods, both of which are supposed to make them smaller/break them up. I still use those occasionally just as a preventative, because once you get them, you’re more likely to get them again, and they run in families.

My brother had a huge one around the same time and needed much more medical attention.

Side note: no kidding, there are articles that show riding Blue Thunder Mountain Railroad helps to dislodge them!

Songbird76

I'm going to use your method for news..

Good news: I'm almost completely healthy for my trip, tomorrow I'm leaving and my interview is on friday. (my buttchecks will be sore for a bit.. but worth it I guess).
Bad news: My boss just called me to fix a few things and do a few changes on the sites. And then told us that they are almost bankrupted. So my "job hunting opportunity" transformed into a "do or die" job hunt. To resume, they said I would get paid 1 month more of full salary when im going to be completely cut off.
Which is horrible news.
Might have to consolidate my debt into a single entity again.

Bag is almost ready, going to do a last minute backup tomorrow of my email program just in case. and off ill go!
Glad you're healthy! Hope you knock it out of the park with the interview! Why do companies wait so long to tell employees they are going to be out of a job??

MySmallWorldof4

I hate low or mid-rise as well. I can find high rise that fit well from J. Crew. They have an online outlet at J . Crew Factory. Maybe they ship overseas?

MySmallWorldof4

Nope, he couldn’t tell. The pain was just gone all of a sudden.

MySmallWorldof4

What does year round schooling look like? Is it similar to the European school schedule where the kids only get a short break in the Summer? In the Netherlands, they get 6 weeks in the Summer, 1 week for fall break, 2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week for spring break, and then either one or 2 weeks around Easter, depending on the area and level of school. DD only gets a week this year at Easter, DS gets 2.
I think they go for 2 months straight and may get a week or more off. In Australia they go year round. My brothers kids get about 2 weeks off after a couple of months. I cannot keep up with his schedule. This country is just not set up for year round schooling. Many businesses would suffer.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Watched it and really tried to pay attention to everything this time. So tough with kids chattering and asking questions. Liked it even more the second time around. I hope they change their minds and have the third come out when it was originally supposed to be released. I cannot believe the bad ratings it had on rotten tomatoes. That site is rotten.
I may have watched it twice already, with the kids watching the DVD in another room:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom