The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I new it was an acquired taste so I figured I should try it again and since it tasted better the second time I just kept eating it.
More power to ya! For myself, I have always subscribed to the idea that if I had to "acquire" a taste for something, there was no reason to eat it to begin with. That old farmer that was upset because he fed his horses sawdust and just when they got used to it... they up and died... applies here.

Eric1955

More power to ya! For myself, I have always subscribed to the idea that if I had to "acquire" a taste for something, there was no reason to eat it to begin with. That old farmer that was upset because he fed his horses sawdust and just when they got used to it... they up and died... applies here.

Well, I had bought a whole jar. I wasn't just gonna waste it. :) And I'm glad I didn't cause its actually delicious.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I knew it was an acquired taste so I figured I should try it again and since it tasted better the second time I just kept eating it.

Usually, if I don't like something the first time, I don't ever go back for more. I think you have a more mature outlook than me, however, and are willing to give something another try. I think your approach makes sense. Perhaps I should try that next time I try something new, and I'm not sure if I like it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! :)
As per usual though, the economy could tank (and will again, at some point - hopefully not anytime real soon :cautious:) and it all goes buh-bye, again. But, yea, right now anyway, things are goin' pretty darn good...! :)

As per your first sentence, I'm reminded of what my grandmother used to always tell us. "Save your pennies for a rainy day." Enjoy your well-earned prosperity, and maybe put away a few extra dollars while you have it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Usually, if I don't like something the first time, I don't ever go back for more. I think you have a more mature outlook than me, however, and are willing to give something another try. I think your approach makes sense. Perhaps I should try that next time I try something new, and I'm not sure if I like it.
Yeah ... Google Marmite (or its equally noxious Australian cousin, Vegemite) and get back to me.

Ketchup on apple fritters is starting to look mighty good now, isn't it? :joyfull:

Eric1955

I don't usually try something again if I don't like it. To be honest my fascination with everything British was a big part of the reason I kept at it. My Mom says I like it cause I wanted to like it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't usually try something again if I don't like it. To be honest my fascination with everything British was a big part of the reason I kept at it. My Mom says I like it cause I wanted to like it.

Ha! Your mom's assessment of the situation was funny. :) Your love of British things and/or culture also reminds me of another forum member, FutureCEO. (Actually, he's been MIA on this thread for about 2 weeks, but then again, he just got a new job and is probably exhausted from learning so many new things at work.) Anyway, you and he seem to share a love of Great Britain.

Eric1955

Ha! Your mom's assessment of the situation was funny. :) Your love of British things and/or culture also reminds me of another forum member, FutureCEO. (Actually, he's been MIA on this thread for about 2 weeks, but then again, he just got a new job and is probably exhausted from learning so many new things at work.) Anyway, you and he seem to share a love of Great Britain.

Yes, I discovered he's a fellow anglophile.

donaldtoo

So back in February I posted this screen up in Disneyland as the prepared the castle for the 60th Birthday of Disneyland.......

10968536_796510020424224_398961865526215257_n.jpg

So I saw this photo this evening on Touring Plans.

CA6BqOVXEAAbemi.jpg

I found it depressing so far...

Looks like the bunting that is hung to honor people that have recently passed on. :(

What the heck did they have the scrims up for, then? Fresh paint and ornamental repairs?
They coulda' done the swag overnight... :confused: :bored:
There has to be mo better comin' down the road... :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's exactly what I thought. If that is the finished castle....very underwhelming. Maybe it looks better at night?

I bet there will be more but meanwhile this isn't a little ray of sunshine, more maudlin to me. I am also a small minority that liked the MK Birthday Cake for a year and enjoyed Mickey's Birthdayland and show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom