The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

And yesterday I made lovely soup with a few types of noodles and Irish Dumplings. It was lunch today.

View attachment 354366

View attachment 354365

View attachment 354364
Oh yum!! That looks so good! When my mom was going through chemo, a friend of ours made homemade chicken soup with homemade noodles. Mom was so sick that she really didn't feel much like eating, and certain things tasted weird to her, I guess from the chemo? So like onions and tomatoes, she couldn't eat because of the acidity or something....it made her more sick. So we had all these containers of homemade soup in the freezer that she couldn't eat, so she let me take it for my lunches while I was doing my student teaching. I SO wish I had gotten the recipe for it....I miss that soup.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And it is 6 degrees with a windchill of -13.

Groundhog Stew
FR_Groundhog_Stew008.jpg
You go girl!

Goofyernmost

Some days I really need to believe I will move there one day.

I wonder how they got some of these ages, I've seen Beauty and the beast a lot and it never mentions her age.
Same with Tiana.
I might have to check on Jasmine and Mulan...
Wishful thinking on someones part. They could be listed as 3... when it gets to court it will come out in cross examination that it is a drawing and no one really listed ages because it was never born it was just pencil on paper.

Goofyernmost

Different strokes, my friend. Mr. Ferret and I like a good snowstorm! :) Winter is fun. :happy:
That would probably because you have never driven one of the buses that you ride on carrying a bunch of people whose life depends on you being able to maintain control and not screw up and wipe out a group of people. Snowstorms are for people that are not going to be dealing in it day in and day out, all day long. If you're a kid and all you have to deal with is sliding down a hill, then it is fun. Otherwise it is cold, dangerous, never ending and expensive. Somebody pays to remove all that stuff from the highway and that would be the public that is already paying a lot to keep themselves at least reasonably warm. There usually is a reason for different strokes. 😐

Goofyernmost

He lied that's why and relocation for us isn't going to happen without a major financial blow.
Why does that make it his problem? He was happily sleeping away the winter and all of a sudden some dude yanks him out into the cold, bright daylight. If you did that to me I would immediately run back into my warm bed too. It isn't lying it is protecting eyesight from the harsh light of day.
#thefightforgroundhogscontinues #savethemarmotamonaxfromunjustifiedextinction #whatthehellitsjustabigrat #whocares #bigratstewfordinner

Songbird76

Not being allowed to speak English at home was cruel in my opinion. I'm sorry those months were so difficult and lonely for you.
Yes, I feel like they could have made it easier for me. I think it's hard for them to put themselves in my position...it's hard to imagine what it's like to immigrate if you have never done it. I had just lost my mom only a couple of months before, and I had put EVERYTHING into storage except for my clothes in 2 suitcases....I had 2 suitcases of my own possessions, lived in a house that wasn't mine, with furniture that wasn't mine and that I didn't get to choose, and I wasn't allowed to change anything to suit me. It's kind of like house arrest in someone else's house. Having never experienced that, I don't think they could really empathize. I think they viewed it like....they have a nice home, and are happy, so why should I feel any differently?

But now, my FIL probably has parkinsons and he has problems with mobility, but also cognitive function. They sat us down and told us we have to speak Dutch there now because my FIL feels left out when we're speaking English to each other and he doesn't know what were saying. I kept my mouth shut, but I was like really??? Gee....can't imagine what that's like. I don't think they made the connection that that's what they did to me when I first got here. When we lived with them, we used to go up to our room after dinner, and they didn't like it that we went up there and spoke English to each other, so they made a rule that we had to sit downstairs with them and watch whatever they were watching on TV. DH would translate for me, but then they put the kabosh on that because it was distracting to have him talking throughout. So I had to just sit there every evening. It was not very welcoming. I felt like a very unwanted house guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom