The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Also, I forgot to mention I was lined out on my next project at work just before I left Friday afternoon. The client purchased a ranch from a previous client and is going to remodel and add on to it.
I know I’ve mentioned the huge Buc-ee’s convenience stores here in Texas, before. The largest being just down the road in New Braunfels, Texas at 68,000 sq. ft. It has 120 gas pumps and 83 toilets, and is the largest convenience store in the world.
The chain also wins the award for the cleanest restrooms in the industry year after year.
The client is Arch “Beaver” Aplin.
Here’s an article, if anyone cares to read...! :)

That is AMAZING! Simple, straight forward concept, and CLEAN. (Oh, and huge! ;) )

Cesar R M

In other news, I hadn't noticed they did reveal the first draft plans for Lighthouse Point. Which means Disney bought a huge land area of the Bahamas for another private island thingie.

Theres a lot of pros and againsts on this.

donaldtoo

I think I've mentioned it before but when I got married I made sure peonies were the main flowers in my bouquet. My mom was against it because she was convinced there would be ants in them because ants were always crawling in the ones from our garden. I pointed out I was getting mine from a florist not the backyard and they wouldn't give me flowers with ants in them. And sure enough they were ant free!:)

:hilarious:;):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Weird, I havent heard much about the updates on this ride but its been going for more than a year if I remember correctly?

I hope they replaced the other attractions that were VERY ugly and plain..

Uni has been doing a pretty nice job of methodically transitioning from a mix of amusement park vs themepark to their model over the last decade or so to a focus on a themepark. They successfully proved they could do that with Potter. I love Disney's Toy Storyland at the Studios however that lands latest 2 attractions lean more to an amusement park type addition than themepark. Both are cutely decorated much like Barnstormer but lack the builds to hide and theme over the superstructures.

Disney was slow to build both Avatarland and worse with FLE. In that same timeframe Uni Orlando moved far quicker with their new attractions and expansions along with adding many more resorts. I am however impressed with how quickly Disney built their Gondola transportation addition. Fixing the transportation on property is critical 'cause it fails to be reliable frequently with the buses and monorail.

Gabe1

I do get peripheral parts for my computer from a local charity/thrift shop where I know that the money goes to help people and not the CEO, which I understand Good Will is famous for doing. Heck, I even buy my golf clubs from there. Perfectly good, sometimes new equipment for $4.00 per club. I have kicked myself for passing up on a brand new complete set (still had the plastic on the heads) that was labeled for $25.00 complete with new bag**. Instead, I tried to tell them that very few low income people play golf. Those of us that do, know that those things are worth a lot more then that and would be willing to pay more for them. After leaving, (I had a appointment our of town) I decided I would go back first thing the next morning and get them. By then they were gone. However, I will keep an eye open for a VCR. I haven't seen one on the self at all.
I checked out the retail value of that setup and it was close to $1000.00

Good Wills around here are mostly new buildings, maybe 5 years old, they went to that model recently. It is easier to go in there with a dedicated space built for what it is. We find odd thing. My DD who has this love of tractors (living in rural rural for 4 years) but they must be John Deer-Green. We found a brand new quality backpack. $5. It is also up here where Target sends all their clearance items that never sold. For a while I had luck with Disney Coffee Table books but I think some of these are being snarf'd up by the staff prior to it going on the shelves. Better than landfills.

I bought my DD for a Dollar a Mickey Mouse popcorn bucket. The generic tubular ones. It hold a box of dried rice perfectly and air tight

Gabe1

each material has different degradation based on the environments. I can tell you that standard DVDS dont last more than 5 years in southamerica thanks to that reflective metal eating bacteria.
in my country, vhs dont last crap thanks to humidity and high temps, which makes the vhs tape lose its rigidness and shred...
I guess it all depends on how they are stored and the environment they are stored in.

We never bought the cheaper end of VHS tapes, nor did my Dad buy cheap 8mm home movie tape. My house was always at 68 degrees, summer and winter with heat or Air Conditioning. So the VHS tapes lived on main floor so were never exposed to much. My Dads 8mm were always in a basement where conditions did change over the years. Some of it it gets slightly red or orange in places but still in pretty good shape, no idea why. That home movie equipment from the 1960's is hard to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom