The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

That show was one reason I wanted to get to MK early. A trip never seemed real until I saw that show. Something magical and endearing about it. Still have not seen the one at the castle. No interest. I have heard the show, but am usually at the entrance to a land when it is playing. They should have had a similar show at the castle.

Yep, that show was the best start ever to any MK morning...!!!!! :happy:
And, although anyone can find it on YouTube, still sadness for those who never got to experience it in person... :(

Cesar R M

They aren't being sneaky.. airlines have done this for years, hotels do too.
usually third party sites warn you on how many seats are available at that price.
This time noone of the sites had a warning. They just threw an error of "sorry, we cannot process this" after I added the 4th person.. ALL of them (kayak, bestday, flights, etc..)

Same with hotels.

donaldtoo

Yeah my DH gets to spend his bday there this trip! Somehow we never get to go much on mine in Dec. :joyfull:

Cool for your DH!!! :)
Unfortunately, we’ve never been to Disney on my birthday... :(;)
But, oldest DD has celebrated her July 12th birthday at WDW 4 times...her 10th, 13th, 16th, and 21st!!! :)
We stayed at ASMusic for her Sweet 16. Shortly after we arrived, I visited the concierge desk and asked if they could leave a little something in the room for her when we got back to our room on her special day. No problem, said the nice lady CM (Ashley from Houston).
When we got back to the resort that day, I could not believe what was left for her in the room...
Balloons, a card from Cinderella, a Minnie Mouse plush, 2 key chains, a t-shirt, and a half dozen red roses in a vase...!!!!!!!!!!! o_O:joyfull:
And, we didn’t pay for any of it, even though I snuck off to the lobby to insist that I had to, but, was told by Ashley (who paid for it all with her CM discount) that she would not accept any money from us!!!
But, you can bet we talked to her manager before we left about how amazingly she treated DD on her special day!!!!!
That was also the trip where, while we were waiting at the front of the line in front of the right tunnel at MK after the welcome show, an elderly CM got about a coupla’ hundred other Guests behind us to sing her Happy Birthday for her Sweet 16...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::)
Also, she was proposed to in front of the Castle on her 21st birthday during our July of ‘12 trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
BEYOND good times...!!!!!!!!!!! :happy::)

Cesar R M

Trip Report Par 2:

Now for some more background things..
As soon we started to get close to the date, a few things happened in real life. Which included my grandmah getting worse and being unable to even lift herself. Making the sad day we had to move her to an asylum as not even I could lift her (she could not put effort to lift herself anymore and having to carry 80Kg is way too much for my back).

So to resume, we had to move her to another city where the temps were more leveled and not as hot as ours. And where the price wasn't bankrupting wise. My mom and my cousins from that other city expend a lot of time looking around until they finally found one.
My grandmah was then moved and my mom moved a few weeks with her. Technically, it was the first time ever that we had no christmas at home. We had a small christmas dinner with some of my aunts and cousins and their family with my grandmah.

Other stuff that also affected but only a little.. was that all our airlines had hour changes. My mom's flight was staggering early considering how far the airport was. So they all huddled together in an airport that was close to the highway that lead to the airport. And the other side our hours change were also worrysome because a) I was alone in the house and im not a morning person b) I was incharge of my newphew who is a young adult but also not a morning person.

Kind of stressful to prepare everything with no backup (my mom)... Which ended with all of us making very funny mistakes regarding baggage.

Anyway, we made arrangements, taxi stuff and on the day.. we said our goodbyes, locked up the house.. and made sure nothing was turned on.. and ordered a taxi. then picked up my nephew and from there we went to the airport. Nothing eventful and everything was quick and fast.
Except for some issues with the baggage. As we had pre aid for 1 extra bag each one, and it only appeared that my nephew had bought 1 way. They corrected all the stuff and we went our way.

The plane was an Aeromexico 737 800NG with the latest modifications (boomerang sharklet and dreamliner nightsky system)
Each of us had window in the opposite sides of the same row on both flights.

Everything went ok as far I can tell, but man.. Mexico City is always a MONSTROUS mess.
There are always some sort of construction going... flights get moved from gates left and right... delays happens.
We had to move from gates twice. But we strutted on and had snacks for eating.

And booo.. Right when we were pulled from the gate from the second leg of our flight (MEX to MIA). We were stuck for 20 minutes after the first engine start. They alerted us that we had to move to the maintenance waiting area so staff of the maintenance wing would check the computers (since we were going to fly over the sea, they make extra precautions). So after 30-45 minutes.. we went our way towards MIA. The flight was pretty uneventful. Had a nice chat with some persons who were on their first time to Miami and were interested also on cruises but they hadnt booked anything yet.

We arrived only 20 minutes late.. So the Pilot must have recovered some lost time flying.
MIAMI's airport looked so damn different this time. The time we were there everything was under construction and the international entrance ( border security) was so different. We still managed to get there with no issue.
There was a bit of a long line and we had to wait a good amount of time before we reached the Quiosks section.
Now, these quiosks are different from the Canadian ones, and way MORE confusing in their instructions.
First they tell me that I should use my passport. I do and gives me an error. I try then again with my VISA. It reads my data but then tells me I should contact an officer for help.
Then had to ask for help to a poor overworked officer (they clearly had staff cuts thanks to Trump's shutdown).
It was funny that followed the instructions and we had trouble.. as we had to try 4 times befor the machine finally recognized my passport (the example image shows the passport should be inserted X way, for me it only worked inserting it SIDEWAYS).
Thanked the officer as we both were "WHAT THE F**" on this machine behaviour and got green carded. (which means I did not need to get an extra review, just a quick one question, similar to having to use the GLOBAL ENTRY card)
Anyway got in but my nephew got carded X (questioning). So I moved to the baggage area and entered the restroom and later rejoined my nephew. Turns out they only asked him like 5 questions and then he was accepted. no biggie.

We advanced, picked up our bags and then we faced the completely overhauled exit area of the MIAMI airport. Which was completely different from what we seen before.
But after some instructions and some very sketchy taxi guys trying to get us to book with them (INSIDE the airport, which made things suspicious). we made it to the lower floor, got some money out from an ATM and then requested an UBER.

Our UBER was kinda eventful on the bad way. Not only was he apathetic and didn't want to talk much or answer some questions..
Unsure if he got annoyed because HE missed us (had mentioned a lot of times, which gate, which area and which pillar).
We got in.. not much talking..
The trip was uneventful until we arrived to the small hotel, My mom went down to meet us while we did check in.

Now, after checking in.. something sleazy happened.. as somehow the damn UBER driver had somehow charged us for TWO completely different trips. One of which was unreal and impossible for us to have taken ( we were in Miami Beach and the other trip was taken 5 minutes later from downtown Miami towards Fort Lauderdale on the same uber).

So I contacted Uber to check on that including our itinerary, where from and where to (2 days later they reimbursed our money.. but that was dirty).

Anyway, I had booked some really nice hotel named OCEAN SPRAY. Which was located im Miami Beach. Funnily, this hotel was ONE BLOCK away from the hotel my mom and I booked on our first Miami trip. So we were in a perfect area.
It is a very convenient hotel because most tour buses stop right infront of us, plenty of ubers, lyfts, etc..And there are a lot of restaurants a few blocks away and a full sized pharmacy.

Anyway, after leaving our bags in the new hotel room (which was freezing). We all turned off our ACs and then we went to eat to an american-cuban restaurant. Whose portions would put Houston's restaurant sizes to shame. And the prices were very decent.
After that, we went to the pharmacy to get some water and basic supplies. As most cheap hotels do not have tap drinkable water.

We returned to the hotel and finally managed to find the BAD things that happened in our rushed baggage planning.
My mom.. forgot her underwear in the other bag (which stayed in the city my grandmah is) and I forgot all my socks (despite being 100% sure I had put them there.. but I think the cleaning lady tough it was dirty socks and moved them to the dirty bag or something..)

So now we had a mission. find some place to find these necessities AFTER visiting Miami.

So.. next part of the trip report..

MIAMI DAY 2 - Casa Vizcaya

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As soon we started to get close to the date, a few things happened in real life. Which included my grandmah getting worse and being unable to even lift herself. Making the sad day we had to move her to an asylum as not even I could lift her (she could not put effort to lift herself anymore and having to carry 80Kg is way too much for my back).

Sorry to hear that your grandmah's condition is getting progressively worse. Hugs to your family.

MySmallWorldof4

Cool for your DH!!! :)
Unfortunately, we’ve never been to Disney on my birthday... :(;)
But, oldest DD has celebrated her July 12th birthday at WDW 4 times...her 10th, 13th, 16th, and 21st!!! :)
We stayed at ASMusic for her Sweet 16. Shortly after we arrived, I visited the concierge desk and asked if they could leave a little something in the room for her when we got back to our room on her special day. No problem, said the nice lady CM (Ashley from Houston).
When we got back to the resort that day, I could not believe what was left for her in the room...
Balloons, a card from Cinderella, a Minnie Mouse plush, 2 key chains, a t-shirt, and a half dozen red roses in a vase...!!!!!!!!!!! o_O:joyfull:
And, we didn’t pay for any of it, even though I snuck off to the lobby to insist that I had to, but, was told by Ashley (who paid for it all with her CM discount) that she would not accept any money from us!!!
But, you can bet we talked to her manager before we left about how amazingly she treated DD on her special day!!!!!
That was also the trip where, while we were waiting at the front of the line in front of the right tunnel at MK after the welcome show, an elderly CM got about a coupla’ hundred other Guests behind us to sing her Happy Birthday for her Sweet 16...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::)
Also, she was proposed to in front of the Castle on her 21st birthday during our July of ‘12 trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
BEYOND good times...!!!!!!!!!!! :happy::)
I celebrated my 40th there, each of my kids has had one or two birthdays there. Only dh has not had a birthday there. Next year the Super Bowl will be on his birthday.
OK, so now thinking about oldest DDs Castle poposal in ‘12 and wedding in April of ‘14, I just can’t resist posting this video of her Disney-related wedding bouquet toss...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::happy::)

That looked so fun! :)My kids(girls) loved that song and would sing it and play the movie over and over again. Now they want nothing to do with it. We still have it on our Google Play and if it comes up in the car, I have to change the song right away. I do remind them that not that long ago they loved it.;)

MySmallWorldof4

Trip Report Par 2:

Now for some more background things..

So to resume, we had to move her to another city where the temps were more leveled and not as hot as ours. And where the price wasn't bankrupting wise. My mom and my cousins from that other city expend a lot of time looking around until they finally found one.
My grandmah was then moved and my mom moved a few weeks with her. Technically, it was the first time ever that we had no christmas at home. We had a small christmas dinner with some of my aunts and cousins and their family with my grandmah.

Other stuff that also affected but only a little.. was that all our airlines had hour changes. My mom's flight was staggering early considering how far the airport was. So they all huddled together in an airport that was close to the highway that lead to the airport. And the other side our hours change were also worrysome because a) I was alone in the house and im not a morning person b) I was incharge of my newphew who is a young adult but also not a morning person.

Kind of stressful to prepare everything with no backup (my mom)... Which ended with all of us making very funny mistakes regarding baggage.

Anyway, we made arrangements, taxi stuff and on the day.. we said our goodbyes, locked up the house.. and made sure nothing was turned on.. and ordered a taxi. then picked up my nephew and from there we went to the airport. Nothing eventful and everything was quick and fast.
Except for some issues with the baggage. As we had pre aid for 1 extra bag each one, and it only appeared that my nephew had bought 1 way. They corrected all the stuff and we went our way.

The plane was an Aeromexico 737 800NG with the latest modifications (boomerang sharklet and dreamliner nightsky system)
Each of us had window in the opposite sides of the same row on both flights.

Everything went ok as far I can tell, but man.. Mexico City is always a MONSTROUS mess.
There are always some sort of construction going... flights get moved from gates left and right... delays happens.
We had to move from gates twice. But we strutted on and had snacks for eating.

And booo.. Right when we were pulled from the gate from the second leg of our flight (MEX to MIA). We were stuck for 20 minutes after the first engine start. They alerted us that we had to move to the maintenance waiting area so staff of the maintenance wing would check the computers (since we were going to fly over the sea, they make extra precautions). So after 30-45 minutes.. we went our way towards MIA. The flight was pretty uneventful. Had a nice chat with some persons who were on their first time to Miami and were interested also on cruises but they hadnt booked anything yet.

We arrived only 20 minutes late.. So the Pilot must have recovered some lost time flying.
MIAMI's airport looked so damn different this time. The time we were there everything was under construction and the international entrance ( border security) was so different. We still managed to get there with no issue.
There was a bit of a long line and we had to wait a good amount of time before we reached the Quiosks section.
Now, these quiosks are different from the Canadian ones, and way MORE confusing in their instructions.
First they tell me that I should use my passport. I do and gives me an error. I try then again with my VISA. It reads my data but then tells me I should contact an officer for help.
Then had to ask for help to a poor overworked officer (they clearly had staff cuts thanks to Trump's shutdown).
It was funny that followed the instructions and we had trouble.. as we had to try 4 times befor the machine finally recognized my passport (the example image shows the passport should be inserted X way, for me it only worked inserting it SIDEWAYS).
Thanked the officer as we both were "WHAT THE F**" on this machine behaviour and got green carded. (which means I did not need to get an extra review, just a quick one question, similar to having to use the GLOBAL ENTRY card)
Anyway got in but my nephew got carded X (questioning). So I moved to the baggage area and entered the restroom and later rejoined my nephew. Turns out they only asked him like 5 questions and then he was accepted. no biggie.

We advanced, picked up our bags and then we faced the completely overhauled exit area of the MIAMI airport. Which was completely different from what we seen before.
But after some instructions and some very sketchy taxi guys trying to get us to book with them (INSIDE the airport, which made things suspicious). we made it to the lower floor, got some money out from an ATM and then requested an UBER.

View attachment 348651

Our UBER was kinda eventful on the bad way. Not only was he apathetic and didn't want to talk much or answer some questions..
Unsure if he got annoyed because HE missed us (had mentioned a lot of times, which gate, which area and which pillar).
We got in.. not much talking..
The trip was uneventful until we arrived to the small hotel, My mom went down to meet us while we did check in.

Now, after checking in.. something sleazy happened.. as somehow the damn UBER driver had somehow charged us for TWO completely different trips. One of which was unreal and impossible for us to have taken ( we were in Miami Beach and the other trip was taken 5 minutes later from downtown Miami towards Fort Lauderdale on the same uber).

So I contacted Uber to check on that including our itinerary, where from and where to (2 days later they reimbursed our money.. but that was dirty).

Anyway, I had booked some really nice hotel named OCEAN SPRAY. Which was located im Miami Beach. Funnily, this hotel was ONE BLOCK away from the hotel my mom and I booked on our first Miami trip. So we were in a perfect area.
It is a very convenient hotel because most tour buses stop right infront of us, plenty of ubers, lyfts, etc..And there are a lot of restaurants a few blocks away and a full sized pharmacy.

Anyway, after leaving our bags in the new hotel room (which was freezing). We all turned off our ACs and then we went to eat to an american-cuban restaurant. Whose portions would put Houston's restaurant sizes to shame. And the prices were very decent.
After that, we went to the pharmacy to get some water and basic supplies. As most cheap hotels do not have tap drinkable water.

We returned to the hotel and finally managed to find the BAD things that happened in our rushed baggage planning.
My mom.. forgot her underwear in the other bag (which stayed in the city my grandmah is) and I forgot all my socks (despite being 100% sure I had put them there.. but I think the cleaning lady tough it was dirty socks and moved them to the dirty bag or something..)

So no we had a mission. find some place to find these necessities AFTER visiting Miami.

So.. next part of the trip report..

MIAMI DAY 2 - Casa Vizcaya

I am sorry to read that your grandmother is not doing well. Does your family get a chance to visit her?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom