The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Southwest flights were released this morning for anyone traveling this fall.... if you want the low priced tickets.

I got my sept flights a couple days ago... the price still kinda stunk for me.. but we love Southwest and I had one free ticket, so I paid it... we love their service and how they handle DH with his disability, but their prices are getting higher than American and Delta

Songbird76

What's so special about that one? I've never had it
It's a chocolate and peanut butter thing. We've never had it either, but it's been mentioned several times on the DFB, and @Tuvalu 's trip reports. DD and I love the chocolate and peanutbutter combo, so we really want to try the it. We did the kitchen sink last time so this time is No Way, Jose!

Cesar R M

Trip Report Par 3:

Now funny things about the hotel.
Our room had no exhaust and the window was glued shut in the restroom. making ventilation impossible. So we had to open the normal window all the way.

Info about the hotel: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...ws-Ocean_Spray_Hotel-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

Second issue, the AC units were working 24/7 and even disabling them still allowed cold air from the other AC units (other rooms AND the hallway) to leak cold air. The first day we were really freezing despite being pretty temperate outside.

The room also smelled of humidity and lack of use. Apart from that everything seemed to be working properly and seemed pretty clean.
The only other complain would be the Internet, which was slower than the mid-sea satellite internet link from Royal Caribbean.

On the good side was the great location as mentioned before, we were a mere block away from the Canal and bridge and one block and half from the sea. Also 2 blocks from a few delis and restaurants and there is a Subway conveniently in the hotel's lobby. Which gives you discount for being an hotel client.

Anyway, we were pretty lazy on the next day as most of us woke not so early not so late.. (felt late because of the jet lag and hour difference)
So we got ready, showered then went to a small deli. I forgot how expensive things are! mere subway like subs are almost 15 a piece alone. Water? thats almost 3 USD for a medium-small bottle.

Anyway, after we finished, we got ready and in the lobby we made plans to take the double decker buses to travel around Miami so my sister, her son and her daughter could see some of it.

The lady in the counter had a rough time finding the phones, getting times and just to tell us that it was pretty impossible to see casa Viszaya AND do the "rich houses" harbour yacht tour. We resigned and we just wanted to see the town and Vizcaya which we did all agree. The problem? the last cruise was way earlier because it gets dark way earlier on January.
We paid, and the lady found a company that is similar but is cheaper and we waited a few until a big van pulled to the hotel and took us in.
We were going to get to the main base in south miami beach and then take the bus tour from there.

The trip was pretty uneventful. One thing that surprised us is.. EVERYONE.. and I mean. EVERYONE speaks spanish.
It fels so weird that a few years ago.. half of our conversations had to be in english. And now ALL of them could be in spanish.
It threw me off about the language expansion.

Then we arrived on the bus, where a ton of people were waiting. We exchanged our tickets with the real bus tickets and we waited.

After a few minutes we got in line and off we went.
The routes were different and no surprise. But we managed to see most of what we wanted before reaching the Vizcaya building.

I never get sick of the view of the canals that divide Miami from Miami Beach and its bridges.

The cruise terminal was so full!
A total of 9 ships were in the zone.

Not visible there was one big norwegian ship and the Symphony of the Seas (both of which were replaced by the Getaway and the Allure on our embarkation day)

Once we got close, I signaled my family to get ready to get down from the double decker so we could get to casa Vizcaya.
Beautiful as ever! Even more now that all the areas were open and were finally restored (except the restaurant and gift shop.. which will expand later on the next part)

Continued in Part 4 - Casa Vizcaya

Attachments

• DSC_7999_DxO.jpg
    DSC_7999_DxO.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_8043_DxO.jpg
    DSC_8043_DxO.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom