The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

These came home today.. science quizzes from last week..containing the same material the test was on.

I’ve never seen scores like this from him. I’m so worried. CEB84D5E-BD15-4892-A316-9C082F002208.jpegB573FB14-0A9B-4FE2-B192-EE84C7544002.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
These came home today.. science quizzes from last week..containing the same material the test was on.

I’ve never seen scores like this from him. I’m so worried. View attachment 341319View attachment 341320

Perhaps he's just going through a phase. With some guidance, he'll snap out of it. (Of course, this is all speculation on my part. But as an outside observer, I think when kids are growing up, they occasionally get distracted and lose focus.)

21stamps

Perhaps he's just going through a phase. With some guidance, he'll snap out of it. (Of course, this is all speculation on my part. But as an outside observer, I think when kids are growing up, they occasionally get distracted and lose focus.)

I hope so. Some of his answers were so blatantly careless, but a few I don’t think he knew the answer. He enjoys science, which makes it more frustrating.
I guess we’ll see what happened on the test today. I emailed his teacher after seeing the 2 quiz grades.. I didn’t realize he was having problems and would appreciate input.

Rista1313

I think it might depend upon the weather. If it's really hot (and it can be in the fall on some days), you'd roast in a full costume, but if it's cooler or maybe even at night, a full costume might be fine. T-shirts as a backup are also good, too. (I've never been to this, but have read a number of TRs about the event.)

I overheat easy, so I don't think I could do a full out costume. I think we will probably just wear our matching tshirts and call it great!

21stamps

Might be time to cut back on sports...

If he failed the science test today, he will not be allowed to play volleyball. I informed him of that last night, before I saw last week’s science quizzes.

I 100% believe that a kid can be a great student and a busy athlete, but if studies fail, I won’t allow the athlete part. He admitted before bedtime that he has a hard time with “some of the science stuff” and he said “mom kids can’t be perfect. I can’t be perfect.”

I don’t need him to be perfect. I need him to tell me if he’s having trouble with a subject, and I need him to remember his books when he has a test in that subject (and others)! He still has no excuse for that besides “I forgot.”
On the rest, He said he was embarrassed and didn’t want to tell me that he’s having a hard time. What?? Of course you tell your mom!

I’m awaiting the teacher’s email. We just had parent teacher meetings in November, all of his teachers told me he was doing well and there was nothing I needed to worry about. His weekly packets of quizzes always came home with good grades, his report card was great. However.. Obviously there is something to worry about now.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
If he failed the science test today, he will not be allowed to play volleyball. I informed him of that last night, before I saw last week’s science quizzes.

I 100% believe that a kid can be a great student and a busy athlete, but if studies fail, I won’t allow the athlete part. He admitted before bedtime that he has a hard time with “some of the science stuff” and he said “mom kids can’t be perfect. I can’t be perfect.”

I don’t need him to be perfect. I need him to tell me if he’s having trouble with a subject, and I need him to remember his books when he has a test in that subject (and others)! He still has no excuse for that besides “I forgot.”
On the rest, He said he was embarrassed and didn’t want to tell me that he’s having a hard time. What?? Of course you tell your mom!

I’m awaiting the teacher’s email. We just had parent teacher meetings in November, all of his teachers told me he was doing well and there was nothing I needed to worry about. His weekly packets of quizzes always came home with good grades, his report card was great. However.. Obviously there is something to worry about now.
Maybe just testing the boundaries. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t turn things around - I think you got his attention...

21stamps

I hope he did well. Remember he is just 8 and will not always remember things that as an adult you know you should remember. We forget things too. He is not a dumb kid. If he doesn't do well then he will learn for next time. He seems like an achiever after all. I am surprised that the teacher didn't remind the kids though to take their books home to study.

Thanks. She does, by way of writing their homework/upcoming tests on the smart board. It’s their responsibility to write it in their planner and pack accordingly.

Oh carp!!!!!!!!!! I am going to cry! I loved that store. This totally, totally sucks!!!! They had such cute clothing, and lately the prices have been so reasonable. They used to be more expensive when my older 2 were younger. Now the sales have been amazing. For years all my kids would wear was Gymboree. My older 2 have outgrown them. I will admit that the styling the last bunch of years was not the best and I have drifted to other brands because of it. My 2 younger ones are actually wearing full Gymboree outfits today. They are so cute too. Ugh, and now the vultures will ascend on these stores and get all they can for the least amount of money. If only they had shopped their before maybe the store could stay in business. I am guessing though it was bad management. Ugh and the Spring collection looks so cute actually. I wonder if they will keep the online business, or if it will go. So sad. I hate when businesses close. I feel so bad for the employees.

Me too! And I LOVE Janie and Jack!!! I don’t shop there as often anymore, the one closest to me closed down a year or so ago, and I’ve only ordered a few items online. I typically buy T’s Easter outfit from Janie and Jack every year, and then I’ll buy sale items periodically.

Gymboree was a favorite of mine when T was younger as well!

21stamps

Maybe just testing the boundaries. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t turn things around - I think you got his attention...

Thanks. I hope this is just a little hiccup.
I’m a little disappointed/annoyed that his teacher didn’t email me when he received those 2 awful grades. I would have thought she would have reached out to me the same day. It’s one of the main reasons I have him at his school. I do understand that teachers can get busy and have other students and other priorities as well though.

Oh well.

MySmallWorldof4

I’ve never seen scores like this from him. I’m so worried. View attachment 341319View attachment 341320
Like what minnie said probably. Kids do go through phases sometimes. My guess is your disappointment in him will make him work harder. Now is the time to tell him that if he brings home anymore grades like that that you will cut out a sport and instead get him a tutor for the time he would be playing.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Those of you that are gluten free might enjoy this read from Touring Plans Blog.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2019/01/15/five-best-gluten-free-restaurants-in-walt-disney-world/
THNX and just to add to it Sanaa and Nomad Lounge has a few items that are gf/vegan right on the menu:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: no changes needed:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Most locations that have Mickey waffles also have gf/vegan/top 8 allergen frees ones as well. edit I wonder why there was no mention of the beignets at French Quarter or Erin McKenna's:cautious:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 and @FutureCEO have you ever heard of Ocean State job lot? If so what type of sore is it. I was curious because I saw an article saying they would be taking over some of the closed Toys R Us locations. thnx

I just looked up the store--there are 3 in MA. Never been to one. I've seen the flyers but basically ignored them. Looks like some sort of discount store for a variety of things. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me.

MySmallWorldof4

My older 2 do a lot of their homeschooling online and independently now, and I tend to focus on my younger 2. I depend on my older ones to tell me if they are having problems in math or whatever. I learned by looking at grades that my oldest was having an issue in math. I said, “Well why didn’t you tell me?” It isn’t like I am not right there. I always ask if any help is needed and it is always no. She said, “I didn’t want to bother you”. The child is doing pre-calculus. If she needs help I can help her. I am literally in another room with the other two kids. What is the point of homeschooling if you are not getting good grades? My threat is you may as well go to public school if you have these grades. That tends to work. She has been doing better. Half way through the course now. My youngest loves science too. She has only 2 weeks worth of work left of her 36 week science course. She plows through it. She is studying about planets now. She was so upset when we were done studying about the human body. That was her favorite. She loves these youtube videos made by a science teacher in New Jersey. His name is Mike DeMaio. Here is one video as an example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom