The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

So I did end up going to church today because it was Christmas hymn be request. The service was my idea quite a few years ago so hubs always lets me have first pick. I was really pleased with the hymn everyone selected today, sometimes people picks songs I don't care for but today I liked all but one. Which one did I not like...."What Child is This?".:)
I'm kind of neutral about that one, but, I have very little ability to be impressed when someone takes a pre-existing melody and just puts different words to it. Heck, I could do that. Greensleeves should just remain Greensleeves! :grumpy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm glad it's a bit better, but I still think being in a car for hours is probably not the best idea. How many of those pills do you have left?

I have quite a few muscle relaxers. When I got the prescription I didn't taken many, maybe one. I originally got the prescription because we were getting ready to go to Europe and I jacked my back somehow then. I was worried about sitting for so long on the flight that the doc gave me the relaxers as a just in case. I am feeling a little better today, I still slept most of the night in the recliner though as it was more comfortable for my back. Even though I REALLY don't want to go to Chicago I want to feel better even more. So I could hope this was still a lingering pain until Wednesday but I would rather feel better and just go. Although if my back is still hurting it does give me a good excuse to leave the family gathering early and go back to the hotel! ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think you need to schedule a doctor's appointment for Wednesday;) I have an afternoon one open unless you just want me to fax you a note saying you shouldn't travel:D

Awww, you all are the best! I just posted to @songbird that I am feeling better. It still hurts but not as bad. Right now I just want to feel better even if that means having to go on Wednesday.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Don't laugh, but if we step away for one second, he's already got his paws up on the table and his face in whatever food he can abscond! :p

Sorry I did laugh because from what you've said about Jack I would expect nothing less than that behavior! What a hoot he must be to live with. My pup is a little lady and rarely takes food unless she is given permission. The couple times she has "stolen" food has been few and far between and usually she just took what was set aside for her. Although a month or two ago she was sitting next to me on the love seat and I had my plate near her face and she started licking a piece of my pizza, but just the crust part that she was going to get anyway!

Goofyernmost

Is Everyone ready for Christmas?
I just gotta do my famous Deviled Eggs. I already cooked them and peeled them, but, now I have to do the construction. That's something that I don't think I will do anymore. Have eggs changed? It used to be a simple thing to peel them, now half the white peels off with the shell like it doesn't want to be separated. I don't think it proper for me to curse as much as I do in preparing a Christmas appetizer. I have a recipe that seems to be envy by my family. I think I will reveal my secret ingredient this year and maybe next year someone else can do them.
French's Yellow Mustard. I would have thought that they would have figured that simple addition is. Maybe it is the amount used. With mustard it is very easy to over or under do the quantity. Even those that normally like "spicier" (hot) stuff seem to like this.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just gotta do my famous Deviled Eggs. I already cooked them and peeled them, but, now I have to do the construction. That's something that I don't think I will do anymore. Have eggs changed? It used to be a simple thing to peel them, now half the white peels off with the shell like it doesn't want to be separated. I don't think it proper for me to curse as much as I do in preparing a Christmas appetizer. I have a recipe that seems to be envy by my family. I think I will reveal my secret ingredient this year and maybe next year someone else can do them.
French's Yellow Mustard. I would have thought that they would have figured that simple addition is. Maybe it is the amount used. With mustard it is very easy to over or under do the quantity. Even those that normally like "spicier" (hot) stuff seem to like this.

I use the same secret ingredient as you, and mine always has to have Hellman's mayonnaise. Here's a tip for you about the eggs....after you are done boiling them stick them in an ice water bath for about 10 minutes then they peel really easily. I thought it was a bogus tip but now I use it all the time. Occasionally I will get a stubborn egg but 90% of the time it is a very easy peel. I also don't boil my eggs anymore. I bake them. I put each egg in a muffin cup (yep in the shell) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes and it is perfectly "hard boiled". They probably wouldn't have to be in a muffin cup but it keeps them from rolling around.

Rista1313

Sister in law change the time on Christmas again (she does this every year, it drives the planner in me insane) So I had to move our little pre-christmas with the boys to Christmas eve, so that we didn't have to rush on Christmas day... which meant I needed to go to the store yesterday to get some last minute snacks for dinner. (originally was making tatertot breakfast casserole) Luckily it wasn't too busy at the stores, as I was trying so hard to stay away from them!

We never did go to the movies yesterday... I think hubby wants to go today instead.... and I'm not sure I feel like going today... LOL.. story of our lives!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I use the same secret ingredient as you, and mine always has to have Hellman's mayonnaise. Here's a tip for you about the eggs....after you are done boiling them stick them in an ice water bath for about 10 minutes then they peel really easily. I thought it was a bogus tip but now I use it all the time. Occasionally I will get a stubborn egg but 90% of the time it is a very easy peel. I also don't boil my eggs anymore. I bake them. I put each egg in a muffin cup (yep in the shell) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes and it is perfectly "hard boiled". They probably wouldn't have to be in a muffin cup but it keeps them from rolling around.
I also use Hellman's. I have tried the ice bath, but, still had the same problem. The old secret was to run them under warm water as I peeled them and for the longest time that work magically, then it didn't. That membrane around the egg is the guilty party, it just doesn't want separate from the cooked egg. They used to come apart almost automatically. Some still do, most do not. Time to pass the wand to younger folks and let them swear about it. I don't mind a few blemishes, but, when half the egg white peels off with the shell, I lose my cherub like demeanor, which, btw, shows up fewer and fewer times as I grow older. In the meantime get off my lawn. Just kidding... I don't have a lawn.

Goofyernmost

In keeping with the positive things happening lately, I was just notified by Amazon that they overcharged me for an item and that they are going to refund via my credit card within 3 day. I really don't know what I am going to do when the excess money... It came to 30 cents with tax. Now I have to figure out how to not spend it all in the same place.

21stamps

So the only negative to this season of joy, is that many people still don't know how to drive--and it's only worse when more of them are out Christmas shopping, in more crowded conditions.

Yesterday, hubs noticed the back plastic cover over the rear brake lights was all cracked and a scratch was also below it on the bumper. Between him and myself, the car had been a number of parking lots for busy stores over the past 2 days, and some jerk must have backed into our car and took off. :rolleyes: :banghead: Hubs can order the part from Auto Zone and replace it himself, but who the heck needs this carp right before Christmas?!! As for the scratch on the bumper below that, it will stay. (Car is a 2007, and we're not putting any money into that.)
Oh that’s frustrating
I just have to make my chocolate mousse yule log, which I should get going on soon. Otherwise everything is ready. I made our meal yesterday so all we have to do today is reheat. Oh and I have to stuff Brad's stocking but I'll do that tonight when he is at church for the second service.
That sounds delicious! I had to make a Buche de Noel for French class my sophomore year..ended up being a Christmas tradition that I kept for years.. but haven’t done it in probably 7 Christmas seasons now.. maybe next year.

Do you have a midnight service at your church? T really wants to go to it this year, we always go to the 3pm on today.... I’m half tempted to try the 12am tonight.. there’s a lot more singing.

I love deviled eggs! Which is strange, because it’s the only time I eat egg yolk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom