The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

So the only negative to this season of joy, is that many people still don't know how to drive--and it's only worse when more of them are out Christmas shopping, in more crowded conditions.
That is a problem, but to me that is not as dangerous as what my dad had deal for driving with when I was growing up.

My dad had to work on New Years Eve when I was growing up even at the first minute of the new year. My dad did not the seniority at the time not to work on that day or night and he had to avoid the drunks on the road as a result. Due to my dad's experience working, he is not a fan of celebrating on New Years eve.

The nature of my dad's work involves Electricity and he had to drive a company vehicle on the road while avoiding the drunks as a result. Thankfully, my dad stopped working on New Years Eve years ago due to transferring to a different Electrical department of the company that had normal working hours.

wdwfan4ver

Christmas day stuff is delayed due to My Younger brother working on Christmas Day. My younger brother is working today also.

He's working at a hospital. The nature of the hospital is employees have to work on Christmas Day once every two years. What the hospital does is serves the employees a big Christmas meal during their break.

The hospital has the employees that don't work on Christmas Day, work on New Years instead. The Employees don't have a choice in the matter.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh that’s frustrating

That sounds delicious! I had to make a Buche de Noel for French class my sophomore year..ended up being a Christmas tradition that I kept for years.. but haven’t done it in probably 7 Christmas seasons now.. maybe next year.

Do you have a midnight service at your church? T really wants to go to it this year, we always go to the 3pm on today.... I’m half tempted to try the 12am tonight.. there’s a lot more singing.

I love deviled eggs! Which is strange, because it’s the only time I eat egg yolk.

Our services are at 4:30 and 9:30 pm. I like going to the 4:30, then after dinner I don't have to worry about going anywhere so I can get my jammies on. I tried the 9:30 when Brad and I first go married and it was just strange going to church that late, growing up my church had a 4:30 and a 11pm and my family did the 4:30. Plus now-a-days I don't think I could make it until midnight!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Christmas day stuff is delayed due to My Younger brother working on Christmas Day. My younger brother is working today also.

He's working at a hospital. The nature of the hospital is employees have to work on Christmas Day once every two years. What the hospital does is serves the employees a big Christmas meal during their break.

The hospital has the employees that don't work on Christmas Day, work on New Years instead. The Employees don't have a choice in the matter.

My mom worked as a nurse at a nursing home and they alternated big holidays too. Although if she had to work Christmas Eve then she didn't work Christmas Day and that worked the same for NYE/New Years Day. I guess that makes it fair for everyone.

Figgy1

Sympathy like

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just gotta do my famous Deviled Eggs. I already cooked them and peeled them, but, now I have to do the construction. That's something that I don't think I will do anymore. Have eggs changed? It used to be a simple thing to peel them, now half the white peels off with the shell like it doesn't want to be separated. I don't think it proper for me to curse as much as I do in preparing a Christmas appetizer. I have a recipe that seems to be envy by my family. I think I will reveal my secret ingredient this year and maybe next year someone else can do them.
French's Yellow Mustard. I would have thought that they would have figured that simple addition is. Maybe it is the amount used. With mustard it is very easy to over or under do the quantity. Even those that normally like "spicier" (hot) stuff seem to like this.

Did your deviled eggs look like these? ;)

1545686329607.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom