The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

So I did end up going to church today because it was Christmas hymn be request. The service was my idea quite a few years ago so hubs always lets me have first pick. I was really pleased with the hymn everyone selected today, sometimes people picks songs I don't care for but today I liked all but one. Which one did I not like...."What Child is This?".:)

My back overall is a little better, it kind of comes and goes but compared to yesterday it is much better. Must be all your well wishes! ;)
I'm glad it's a bit better, but I still think being in a car for hours is probably not the best idea. How many of those pills do you have left?

Songbird76

I was over there this afternoon to evening and they are definitely on the road to the end. But there are still a few hurdles to get over, but, soon they will be looking backwards at it.

I just stopped in to see how things were going, but, the invited me to stay for dinner. I was the first guest they have had in the reprogrammed house and even though there is still no furniture or paint on the wall, they had folding chairs, and a folding table. They had prime rib, which is what my SIL is traditionally has on Christmas, but, since they are not in any position to have Christmas Dinner at home with the rest of us, they had it tonight. It was just lucky that I decided to stop by so I got to share. Both my daughter and my SIL seemed very happy that I could share that with them because they have felt pretty isolated as of late and this brought just a little normality to the occasion. They did manage to get a Christmas Tree alone in the middle of the otherwise empty living room. It was actually one of the best times and conversations that I have had with her and him and my grandkids in a very long time. Brought my spirits up a number of notches.

Tomorrow evening, we have our traditional Christmas Eve social at my other daughters house and then starting at around noon on Christmas, we will have the traditional family dinner at the same place with present opening and hopefully happy conversation all around.
I'm so glad it's finally coming together!! I bet you kind of raised each other's spirits by being there. Hopefully it will get done quickly in the new year and you can spend more time with them!

Figgy1

So I did end up going to church today because it was Christmas hymn be request. The service was my idea quite a few years ago so hubs always lets me have first pick. I was really pleased with the hymn everyone selected today, sometimes people picks songs I don't care for but today I liked all but one. Which one did I not like...."What Child is This?".:)

My back overall is a little better, it kind of comes and goes but compared to yesterday it is much better. Must be all your well wishes! ;)
I think you need to schedule a doctor's appointment for Wednesday;) I have an afternoon one open unless you just want me to fax you a note saying you shouldn't travel:D

Figgy1

Our family review of Christopher Robin, 9.5, 2 boxes of Kleenex and yesterday we picked up a copy for my mother inlaw who's in all likely hood the biggest Pooh fan in the family. The only thing she ever asks us to get her from Disney is anything Pooh related if it isn't too expensive and only if it's not a bother:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

Agree with you on the song. Glad the back is a bit better.

MySmallWorldof4

I was over there this afternoon to evening and they are definitely on the road to the end. But there are still a few hurdles to get over, but, soon they will be looking backwards at it.

I just stopped in to see how things were going, but, the invited me to stay for dinner. I was the first guest they have had in the reprogrammed house and even though there is still no furniture or paint on the wall, they had folding chairs, and a folding table. They had prime rib, which is what my SIL is traditionally has on Christmas, but, since they are not in any position to have Christmas Dinner at home with the rest of us, they had it tonight. It was just lucky that I decided to stop by so I got to share. Both my daughter and my SIL seemed very happy that I could share that with them because they have felt pretty isolated as of late and this brought just a little normality to the occasion. They did manage to get a Christmas Tree alone in the middle of the otherwise empty living room. It was actually one of the best times and conversations that I have had with her and him and my grandkids in a very long time. Brought my spirits up a number of notches.

Tomorrow evening, we have our traditional Christmas Eve social at my other daughters house and then starting at around noon on Christmas, we will have the traditional family dinner at the same place with present opening and hopefully happy conversation all around.
Sounds like a lovely evening. Family (good family), is so important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom