The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have plenty and can send some your way! I might end up having to work remotely on Friday even though I was planning to take off.

This is supposed to be our slow week since we shutdown next week. Slow...ha!

Nope. Procrastination nation. It's the same all over -- people have put off meetings, projects, etc., and they all panic at the end of December, realizing they are behind--and soon, many people will be out of the office taking some vacation time.

Happens ever freaking year -- what is wrong with these people? Have they not lived through the Christmas and New Year's holidays their whole life? Can't they PREPARE ahead of time for this?! :banghead:

Goofyernmost

Nope. Procrastination nation. It's the same all over -- people have put off meetings, projects, etc., and they all panic at the end of December, realizing they are behind--and soon, many people will be out of the office taking some vacation time.

Happens ever freaking year -- what is wrong with these people? Have they not lived through the Christmas and New Year's holidays their whole life? Can't they PREPARE ahead of time for this?! :banghead:
They did prepare by assuming that you will take up the slack for them.:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Safety first. They shouldn’t practice lifts in an unpadded space. Even when cheerleaders compete they are on a spring floor. They need padding. That school is going to get sued.

That was my impression as well. The term, "negligence" could be applied.

Not thrilled about some of the stories I've read from the mothers with kids, on these gymnastic dance/cheer teams. Sounds like the administrative people in charge of school sports, could care less about these kids.

I'd love to see someone write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper, and let people know that these kids are expected to practice under unsafe conditions, while their counterparts in other school sports get the plum locations, safer floors, etc. An eye-opener like that might shake things up a bit.

StarWarsGirl

sympathy like and GWS xoxo
Thanks. I'm getting there; it's just taking it's time. Last week I had no voice and my throat hurt so bad that I felt like I was swallowing glass. Now I don't have any throat pain, but I have bronchitis and sinusitis, which is affecting my voice (and my asthma...had to take off on Monday because it kept me up until 5 am, then my mom kept waking me up because she could see me breathing really hard and wanted me to neb). I hate losing my voice, though. Between having no tonsils and being vocally trained, I just don't lose it very much (last time was high school) so this has been frustrating. I don't even lose my voice when going to Hershey and riding coasters or being at wild Orioles games and yelling. I know how to not let my voice get to that point.

It's back a little bit more than at work. I've started doing some vocal exercises (very low and very gently; my range is currently about an octave and a half. Normally it's three octaves) in the car, and that helped. I'm not pushing it, but it's helping.

StarWarsGirl

Remember ... You chose your husband :cautious::cautious::cautious: Just saying ...
But see, men are tricky. They're on their best behavior while dating, and then once they're married, they figure, "I don't have to try as hard anymore..."

I ask my mom if she knew about some of the stuff my dad does when they were dating, and she goes, "Nope! I had no clue. He did NOT do that while we were dating!"

donaldtoo

I'm off next Monday through Wednesday, so with the upcoming weekend, that will be 5 days off! :happy:

Yay for 5-day weekends...!!!!! :)

We get off at 3p this Thurs. because our office Christmas party starts at 6p downtown, but, we still get paid ‘til 6p. And, of course, the next day is Half-day Friday, and then I’m off from the 22nd through the 2nd...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom