The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

My team has a game tonight.. I’m making the lineup now.. I’ve talked to my assistant coach, and we’re going to do something different this week- not give equal playing time, and start all of our strongest players.

I know that sounds a little mean, but after our last 3 losses it just has to be done. The whole point of this team was for the boys to have fun, but they’re getting humiliated and frustrated..and unraveling at this point. If we can rack up some points then I think the entire team will feel better. Up until this past Sunday point neither T or the other coach’s kid had been in our starting lineup, we always make them wait and let the boys who don’t play a lot of sports start.

I asked T if he could give me everything he had in the game tonight, he said “Yes. And I’m not going to yell at my teammates, so don’t even worry about that. I learned my lesson, and I don’t want to ever act like that again.”

We’ve had 24 goals scored on us in 3 games, we’ve scored 3 goals during that time. It’s getting painful. We just don’t have enough kids who really understand how to play.. that’s fine, but I think we need to put the soccer boys on the field first for once. Hopefully they’ll do well and it will raise everyone’s spirits.

MySmallWorldof4

My team has a game tonight.. I’m making the lineup now.. I’ve talked to my assistant coach, and we’re going to do something different this week- not give equal playing time, and start all of our strongest players.

I know that sounds a little mean, but after our last 3 losses it just has to be done. The whole point of this team was for the boys to have fun, but they’re getting humiliated and frustrated..and unraveling at this point. If we can rack up some points then I think the entire team will feel better. Up until this past Sunday point neither T or the other coach’s kid had been in our starting lineup, we always make them wait and let the boys who don’t play a lot of sports start.

I asked T if he could give me everything he had in the game tonight, he said “Yes. And I’m not going to yell at my teammates, so don’t even worry about that. I learned my lesson, and I don’t want to ever act like that again.”

We’ve had 24 goals scored on us in 3 games, we’ve scored 3 goals during that time. It’s getting painful. We just don’t have enough kids who really understand how to play.. that’s fine, but I think we need to put the soccer boys on the field first for once. Hopefully they’ll do well and it will raise everyone’s spirits.
Good idea. While it is important to learn how to be a good loser, it can be frustrating and bring on bad behavior if it happens all the time.

StarWarsGirl

At least work makes the day go faster.... I'm off all next week thru the 2nd.. thank goodness.
It does, but it's just too much right now. Doesn't help that I was out last week and yesterday and now my team three days last week and my team member who I work closely with is out today.

Last year I was in a different role and went looking for work. Then I surfed a bit until something to do came in. It was not a lot. My new role is much busier.

Figgy1

The good news, strike averted! And there was a great sigh of relief.

Now, on to next challenge. Poms coaches (I know, big surprise). DD was upset. The coaches told the girls to add a lift, and let's try it. For the first time. On the concrete cafeteria floor. With no pads. The girls objected, and asked to try it out in the gymnastics room. Coaches overruled. Of course, the girl who was up fell, and my DD was blamed. This is one of her very good friends. What were they thinking? I am wondering if they are now just seeing how many girls they can take out. I can't wait to be done with this year. Hope these coaches decide to hang up their coaching hats, and let someone else step in.
Yes. Thank goodness!
Sympathy like and YES! Seriously they need a safer place to work out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom