The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There’s a lot of spelling mistakes.. but here’s T’s assignment from earlier. He’s been on near perfect behavior since. Even volunteered to help with the dishes. I think he does realize how wrong he was. I just hope it really sunk in.

View attachment 333804

Good questions you posed for him and he wrote good answers. Keep it and if he acts up again he can read it as he sits on the sidelines.;)

StarWarsGirl

There’s a lot of spelling mistakes.. but here’s T’s assignment from earlier. He’s been on near perfect behavior since. Even volunteered to help with the dishes. I think he does realize how wrong he was. I just hope it really sunk in.

View attachment 333804
Good for you. So much better to have him write an essay about his behavior instead of just grounding him.

21stamps

Good questions you posed for him and he wrote good answers. Keep it and if he acts up again he can read it as he sits on the sidelines.;)

I will! Hopefully will never have to do it though!

Good for you. So much better to have him write an essay about his behavior instead of just grounding him.
Thanks. I’ve been doing a version of this since he was 2 or 3.. but back then it was a time out chair, and he had to tell me why his behavior was wrong before he got up, now it’s writing.
I’ve always wanted him to truly think and understand what is wrong, and then maybe lessen the chance of it happening again, because he won’t want to do it again.. not because of impending punishment, but because of wanting to act right, not wrong. If that makes sense.
Today is the first time in his life that I’ve been completely disappointed and embarrassed by his actions. I’m hoping it was just a blip. He’s not a mean kid at all, which makes it that much more disappointing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today is the first time in his life that I’ve been completely disappointed and embarrassed by his actions. I’m hoping it was just a blip. He’s not a mean kid at all, which makes it that much more disappointing.

He's human. Not perfect. Wish I had a nickel for every stupid thing I've done in my life. What's important here is that he'll learn from his mistake, just the same as the rest of us. I don't think that you have anything to worry about with him at all. You've got a really good kid there.

Figgy1

Sorry.

We had about 40 degrees today. And most of our white stuff is gone.
I wouldn't have wished yesterday's weather on anybody, ok maybe one or 2 people but nobody here, ok maybe one somebody;) Even with all the salting the road in front of my house still looks iffy:rolleyes:. We made it through with power going off for only a minute or 2 several times before heading off to bed:) so of course once I was asleep it went off and the heat with it:banghead: nothing is as much fun as getting up resetting the heat, putting on several more layers and having to remove them over the span of a few hours.:banghead: Not that it was all bad, I got a couple of days of cooking done, watched a few movies and put a dent in Mount Laundry:joyfull: I'll have time for a nap this morning and 1545044992388.png this afternoon with the guys:joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wouldn't have wished yesterday's weather on anybody, ok maybe one or 2 people but nobody here, ok maybe one somebody;) Even with all the salting the road in front of my house still looks iffy:rolleyes:. We made it through with power going off for only a minute or 2 several times before heading off to bed:) so of course once I was asleep it went off and the heat with it:banghead: nothing is as much fun as getting up resetting the heat, putting on several more layers and having to remove them over the span of a few hours.:banghead: Not that it was all bad, I got a couple of days of cooking done, watched a few movies and put a dent in Mount Laundry:joyfull: I'll have time for a nap this morning and View attachment 333950 this afternoon with the guys:joyfull:

Sympathy for the icky weather. Enjoy your nap and movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom