The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I’m not sure if I’ve said this about our school’s winter soccer team, we’re playing up a year this season because we have two boys with an older birth year, you’re allowed to play up in age, but not down. These two kids are good friends with T and a few others, so I wanted to make sure to include them this winter. Some of the kids on my team have never played soccer before, a few others play for the school, and then my son and 2 more also play select.

Our first 3 games went great, we won each of them. .
The past 3, including today, have been rough.

Today, we were losing 6-0 in the first half. Some boys started yelling at each other when one made a mistake, and my son was the worst of all.. I saw him yell at two different teammates on the field, and then their goal keeper.

I pulled him out of the game for the last 8 minutes of the first half, and he remained on the bench for the entire second half. He cried the entire ride home.
T has scored 9 of our 11 goals this season, we were shut out today, our goal differential is probably insurmountable now, and keeping him out probably had a hand in that.
I don’t care.

Right now as I’m typing this, he is writing a paper on what sportsmanship is, why it’s important, and what he feels like when someone yells at him.

I’m so disappointed in him. :(

He’s grounded from electronics, including tv, and he understands why and luckily didn’t try to argue it.
I love sports, I love winning, but I can’t stand to see bad sportsmanship. I will pull my kid out of sports, all sports, if I see him act like that again.
Someone pass the parenting handbook, please!

It’s toughbyt it sounds like you are teaching him an important lesson. 🙂

donaldtoo

Very fun! (P.S.: Hubby is not a musician, but did work for some biggies in the past -- on the sound systems.)

Very cool!!! :)
I may have mentioned this before, but, my uncle on my moms side was a roadie for the Moving Sidewalks back in the day, which Billy Gibbons then moved on from later to form ZZ Top. My uncle was a drummer and always did the initial drum setup for their shows...!!! :)

21stamps

You did the right thing and I give you a like as a result.

Teaching your son to be a good sport is going to be a great life lesson to him as kid instead of never getting that message before he's an adult.
It’s toughbyt it sounds like you are teaching him an important lesson. 🙂

Thanks. It was really bad. He threw his arms up and walked up to the goalkeeper and yelled at him. Right before that, after the goal before, he had yelled at another kid for being out of position, and another one for not passing..I had reprimanded him for that one already. I didn’t think he would do it again.

Here was a text from my mom when the goalie incident happened-
99FBA405-3CF5-4A26-A53B-108F6914D3FA.jpeg

It was the first game that she had been to. Drove all the way there and then left, she said she didn’t even want to be sitting by the other parents and grandparents. I don’t blame her.
I also emailed the team and apologized for his behavior, and also asked everyone to talk to their kids about supporting their teammates. T wasn’t the only one today, he was just the most emphatic.

I’ve never seen him act like that before. Sure I’ve seen him disappointed or a little mad during a game, but he was acting like an outright brat today. That’s not what sports are about, and that is NOT how I’m raising him. I won’t accept it from my son, and I won’t accept it from any kids on my team.

donaldtoo

What lovely home they have. :inlove: (Food looks yummy, too.) :hungry:

Every time I see Emy's smile, it makes me so happy! She's so adorable. :happy: (I could smile in a photo, but I don't think it wouldn't have the same effect on people.) :facepalm:

Thanks, Minnie...!!!!!! :happy:
She’s the most beautiful child that has ever existed anywhere ever on this earth, ever...!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:
OK, just a little bit of Pappy bias there...!!! :happy: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom