The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

We have a different angle. Cheerleading was also considered a club activity, until the cheer coach became the athletic director. Now competitive cheer is and spirit season are both varsity sports. Let me tell you, spirit season is pushing it. Comp. cheer, absolutely a sport. So if you are in cheer, you can automatically be a 2 varsity sport participant. Which is very good on apps for very competitive colleges. With one varsity sport, you can opt out of gym, since you already do training and conditioning. DD met with her counselor who told her, while her grades and classes are impressive, and it is good she is involved at school, she really needs to pick up at least one sport. Really? Between poms, which is 2 seasons, band, pep band, jazz band, and playing with orchestra, and the dance classes she has to take outside of school to be able to be on competitive dance, when? I really hope they change comp. dance to a sport.
How is it not a sport if they compete against other teams?

Songbird76

James was the 7 volume hard cover sized baby
Yep! DD, too. It was kind of funny...she was the only girl in the entire maternity ward and she was so much bigger than all the boys. They tried to tell me boys are almost always bigger than girls. But DD was 9 lb 4 oz....DS was 8.5 lb. And I remember going into the baby changing room at the hospital and DD looked like she was already a month old compared to all the other newborns. I shared a room with 3 other women, and the one baby was premature, and they had been there for a while and I remember seeing her son and thinking "Holy cow....DD could eat that kid for breakfast!"

Songbird76

I love that version. I still got it on VHS, with the "When Love is Gone" song.

Why they took that song out in the newer versions, I will never know.

This was also one of my favorites:
MV5BMTk2NjA0OTAwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU4Njc1MzE@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I prefer this version:

mickey's christmas carol.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

I get that, but the show is almost 20 years old, and MK's fireworks have been replaced twice since then. Time for an update.

Plus, the amount of times I've heard guests complain that the globe on the center of the water is boring...not disagreeing; it is hard to see.
I was sad when Wishes left, but understood why. When I watches Wishes and then HEA on YouTube, HEA is so much better.

MySmallWorldof4

Yep! DD, too. It was kind of funny...she was the only girl in the entire maternity ward and she was so much bigger than all the boys. They tried to tell me boys are almost always bigger than girls. But DD was 9 lb 4 oz....DS was 8.5 lb. And I remember going into the baby changing room at the hospital and DD looked like she was already a month old compared to all the other newborns. I shared a room with 3 other women, and the one baby was premature, and they had been there for a while and I remember seeing her son and thinking "Holy cow....DD could eat that kid for breakfast!"
My kids were between 6 lbs 2 oz, and 8 lbs 2 oz. DS was the tiniest. He was born at 36 weeks though. Youngest the largest and came within 23 hours of her due date.

MySmallWorldof4

I haven’t had a chance to catch up.. I’m especially hoping that all went well for Steve!

Just wanted to drop back in quickly and show what’s going on at my house today..
3rd tree removed.

No more acorns, no more sticky balls, no more fallen branches.. this is the last one though! Im done killing trees after today.

Luke is watching from the zipline. ;)

View attachment 332873
View attachment 332871
All went will for @SteveBrickNJ 's wife. Hopefully they are home resting now.

Songbird76

Were the girls parents stuck in the house?
Really funny about the plaque.:hilarious:
Yep, they couldn't get out to shovel their walkway or anything, hence the neighbors organizing a digging party. It was a cul-de-sac, and the girl's house was right on the end at the top of a hill...not a very steep one, but it was the only one with a door that faced directly where the wind blew all the snow. So all the other neighbors could get out....their houses lined the sides of the street. The snow drifted, but not in front of their doors. This girl's house acted kind of like a fence...it just caught all the snow.

The plaque....there were 4 of us who were night school tutors. The school hired the top 4 seniors to be tutors 3 nights a week, and kids who were getting D's or below in the core classes (Math, Science, English, Social studies) were required to be there on the night that was set aside for that. You could get help with any subject on any of the nights, but if you were failing Math, you HAD to go on Monday night. D in English? You were required to go Tuesday night. Anyone could go, though, and you could still get help for Math if it wasn't a Monday, or English if it wasn't a Tuesday, etc.. Anyway, there was a slow night, so the four of us didn't have any students to help and 3 of us were class officers. So we were supposed to arrange the class gift. We also got the Social Studies teacher a laser pointer because he broke his oak pointer when he slammed it down on one of the kids' desks because the kid fell asleep. So we wanted to get the principal something that would LOOK like it was supposed to be nice, meanwhile being an insult. We knew he wouldn't figure out that it was on purpose. We had been thinking of pranks, like offering him some chocolate, that would actually be laxatives, and stealing all the toilet paper from the school bathrooms, but we didn't want anyone ELSE to suffer going to the bathroom and not having TP. We thought about each graduate cutting a lock of hair to hand him as we got our diplomas (he was bald), but we didn't think he'd find it humorous and he was enough of a jerk to withhold the diplomas. So we had to think of something that looked like a mistake. So we landed on words that if misspelled, would mean something completely different....one of the words we couldn't fit in was "public" without the "l"....we couldn't figure out a way to incorporate it. But "Impotent" was really accurate anyway, and so much easier to fudge. Darn the secretary's eagle eye!! She never knew we had done it on purpose, though.

Songbird76

How is it not a sport if they compete against other teams?
I would guess they don't think of the athleticism it takes....Speech and debate is competetive, but you wouldn't call it a sport. Academic decathalon, quiz bowl, etc....There are a lot of competetive "clubs" that aren't sports. I think a lot of people think of "sports" as needing to involve hand-eye coordination. Dance is considered an art form.

Songbird76

My kids were between 6 lbs 2 oz, and 8 lbs 2 oz. DS was the tiniest. He was born at 36 weeks though. Youngest the largest and came within 23 hours of her due date.
DS was smaller than DD, and he was 10 days late! She was only 4 days late. She was huge the whole way through though....her head always measured a week larger than her gestational age....by 38 weeks, her head was ALMOST 40 weeks' size. And they predicted she'd be a big baby. We actually couldn't be discharged with her until the next morning because she was born in the evening after the doctor had already gone home for the day. They needed to do a test for diabetes because she was so big, and they had to have the doctor to do it. So, to a room we were wheeled. DS was born in the morning and we were gone a couple of hours later. But it amazes me that he "cooked" a week longer than she did and he was still considerably smaller.

Figgy1

General anesthesia will do that to you. I got tired walking from the bedroom to the bathroom for a day or two after I had my adenoids removed. Short surgery, but that anesthesia knocked me OUT.
I wish that stuff knocked me out. When I had a knee done I was up and out within the hour. Doc had the paperwork waiting for when woke up. They made me wait for crutches:rolleyes: I was a good girl and used them all day:angelic:

Figgy1

I got a cute size newborn outfit from a friend for him to wear home. I had to send my dh for something else to wear:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom