The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

The traditional school day hours are 7am - 1:30pm. My daughter often stays after school and takes the 2:30pm "Late Bus".
She texts me when she gets home. I usually receive her text around 3:15pm.
(My elementary school's hours are 9am - 3:30pm......I must sign in by 8:50am and can leave at 3:40pm)
Wow....when I was teaching elementary music, I had to be there by 8, we started at 9, and had to stay until at least 4...kids got out at either 3 or 3:15....I don't remember which. Do you also get a planning hour?

Songbird76

So the rescue pulls dogs mainly from kill shelters. It's insane the amount of healthy, happy dogs that get put down or shot every week. We work with a couple vets offices to give the dogs full medical checkups, and then someone fosters the dog to see how it does and what it's personality is. In this way, the rescue is able to fully vett the dogs before they get adopted, meaning we can answer questions like if they're food aggressive, or if they like cats and kids, and if they enjoy bath time. Then when people are interested in the dog, they get a home visit to make sure their house is what the dog needs, and then they get a meet and greet with the dog to make sure there's a bond and chemistry. And the dogs benefit because they get loves and snuggles and lots of walks before heading off to their forever homes. Adopting from a rescue is more expensive (like $300 ish per dog) than a shelter, but you don't know what you're getting with a shelter dog. But definitely adopt from a shelter before adopting from a breeder!!

I only had her for the long weekend. Her real foster went to Florida and we didn't want her back in boarding. So I'm only nice part time, LOL
Sounds like it's a well thought out system!! I'm sure it depends on the breeders...there are some who are responsible. A couple of my college music professors had sled dogs and I remember her telling me never to get a dog from a pet store because you didn't know where they came from and if they had come from a puppy mill, if there was something wrong with them, etc. And she always went through a breeder, but she checked the breeder out before hand to make sure her dogs came from good ones. My brother and his husband originally got 2 of their dogs to start breeding, but the female was apparently only interested in other females and would end up biting the male if he tried anything, so breeding never went anywhere.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Bibbity bobbity boo! Did it work?
Thank you but no it's still a skating rink:mad::cold::coldfeet::cry: It's not going to last long and dh is staying a bit late today to make sure the roads are nice and clean when he comes home. I got a couple of pairs of fuzzy sleep pants done and will spend the next couple of hours cleaning out my machines. I hate the material but it's super soft and warm. Attack of the fuzz:eek: Bean loaf is in the oven heating up the house:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom