The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Is there school bus service in your area? When I was a kid, we rode those yellow school buses to school. Only on rare occasions, did the parents drive the kids--maybe if they missed the bus that morning, for example.
The school bus she is allowed to take we were told would pick her up at 6:19am. It is a 2 minute walk from home to the bus stop...and she better be a tad early....so basically she'd leave home at 6:15am.
I elect to drive her to school because we leave home at 6:40am...gives her extra sleep. By my math she gets 25 minutes more sleep having me drive her compared to walking to the bus stop and taking the school bus.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

How awesome and exciting! Are you currently working on any new scripts?

MySmallWorldof4

I wonder if @donaldtoo is having a problem with his iPhone. I have had issues with using it all weekend on this site, both on the web and trying to use the app. I couldn't post at all with it yesterday. I had to use my computer, which is what I am using now. My phone has been buggy with this site the last bunch of days. I know he just uses the iPhone to post.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thank you for being a foster mom:) Maybe Jack's roommate;)

It's been really fun so far. I can only take them on the weekends usually, or over the holidays, because I'm gone like 11 hours every day for work during the week. But sometimes I stop by the vet and walk the dogs we still have in boarding. This weekend I'm taking a puppy home. He's 10 months old and likes to eat my scarf LOL

Enjoy the days of big bulky presents before the small but :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: ones wind up on the list;)

A is spoiled. So spoiled. This year she's getting Disney Princess bedding from Pottery Barn, a holiday Barbie, some LOL dolls, a set of her very own makeup, some Disney Princess nail polish, hot wheels cars, some Shopkins, and a couple other small things. And that's just my house. She also has Christmas at her dad's and then all the crap our families will give her, LOL. Spoiled.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So how does fostering dogs work? And what kind of dog is that? Looks pretty big!

So the rescue pulls dogs mainly from kill shelters. It's insane the amount of healthy, happy dogs that get put down or shot every week. We work with a couple vets offices to give the dogs full medical checkups, and then someone fosters the dog to see how it does and what it's personality is. In this way, the rescue is able to fully vett the dogs before they get adopted, meaning we can answer questions like if they're food aggressive, or if they like cats and kids, and if they enjoy bath time. Then when people are interested in the dog, they get a home visit to make sure their house is what the dog needs, and then they get a meet and greet with the dog to make sure there's a bond and chemistry. And the dogs benefit because they get loves and snuggles and lots of walks before heading off to their forever homes. Adopting from a rescue is more expensive (like $300 ish per dog) than a shelter, but you don't know what you're getting with a shelter dog. But definitely adopt from a shelter before adopting from a breeder!!

Awww . . . what a sweetie. Aren't you nice to foster her :inlove:

I only had her for the long weekend. Her real foster went to Florida and we didn't want her back in boarding. So I'm only nice part time, LOL

MySmallWorldof4

So the rescue pulls dogs mainly from kill shelters. It's insane the amount of healthy, happy dogs that get put down or shot every week. We work with a couple vets offices to give the dogs full medical checkups, and then someone fosters the dog to see how it does and what it's personality is. In this way, the rescue is able to fully vett the dogs before they get adopted, meaning we can answer questions like if they're food aggressive, or if they like cats and kids, and if they enjoy bath time. Then when people are interested in the dog, they get a home visit to make sure their house is what the dog needs, and then they get a meet and greet with the dog to make sure there's a bond and chemistry. And the dogs benefit because they get loves and snuggles and lots of walks before heading off to their forever homes. Adopting from a rescue is more expensive (like $300 ish per dog) than a shelter, but you don't know what you're getting with a shelter dog. But definitely adopt from a shelter before adopting from a breeder!!

I only had her for the long weekend. Her real foster went to Florida and we didn't want her back in boarding. So I'm only nice part time, LOL
Shot? That just made me ill. I think all the shelters around us are no kill and we always donate to them. Our newest cat Oliver was a Petsmart kitty. They get the cats from the local shelter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom