The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

For the techies here (you know who you are), I heard on the news today that the new Apple Iphone X isn't selling as well as expected. They might try to reduce the price a bit to get sales up. Could this be the sign of Apple starting to slip from the # 1 spot for so long?
I think Apple doesn't understand their market as well as they should. The smartphone market has been less innovative in the past few years than it was. Before, the new iPhones would be progressively better and better and better. Now, the phones have been upgraded as far as speed and memory, and the resolution might be better, but the features offered on the newer devices are basically the same as previous generations, minus decisions like removing the headphone jack, which were more irksome to consumers than anything.

So Apple decides to come out with the X, a vastly different iPhone. It is supposedly the most powerful iPhone ever, but it comes with a hefty price tag. So hefty that anyone besides the loyal Apple fanboys don't see anything except the hefty pricetag. Not to mention that the hefty pricetag hasn't righted any of the previous complaints about iPhones (ie. short battery life, screens breaking very easily). Consumers then get very hesitant to shell out the money for something that history tells them will break within two years. They don't see the value in it.

Meanwhile, you have brands like Samsung and LG that have excellent battery life and that are water resistant. I've dropped my LG in the bathtub several times and it still works exactly the same as before.

In my opinion, I think that Apple should focus on improving their battery life and durability first and stop trying to nickle and dime their consumers by forcing them to buy add ons (like a headphone adapter because they got rid of the jack!) and then focus on being actually innovative.

wdwfan4ver

Oh o.k. I was concerned. :p
My parents use the term fall apart due to it fell off the bone, unlike my dad's mom making turkey.
Both of my parents make Thanksgiving turkey properly. My dad was taught to cook by his grandma on his dad's side including how to make Thanksgiving turkey properly.

You would concerned a lot if the meal happened at my dad's parents house though. I had my worst Thanksgiving meal there when I was a teenager:jawdrop::eek:.

KBLovedDisney

I don't know about IMS, but i'm guessing there has to be a block feature. What you are dealing with your family is block worthy with the pictures of food and laughing emojis they send you. What your family doing is harassment in my book.

It is either block them or stop being on IMS until the holidays are over.
Totally! I already blocked immediately family. Unfortunately, this instance was quite a shock as it was from extended family. Guessing the toxicity has spread. :(

Cesar R M

For the techies here (you know who you are), I heard on the news today that the new Apple Iphone X isn't selling as well as expected. They might try to reduce the price a bit to get sales up. Could this be the sign of Apple starting to slip from the # 1 spot for so long?
No, more like the market reached a price point where they think its not worth it. Price point that Apple are too blind to notice.
The new apple devices haven't added anything new that can entice the users to buy.. but they are still getting more and more pricey.

It doesnt help that there has been many calls on reliability on many of their products lately. Specially their MACBOOKS (which overheat, chips fail, screens fail) to higher percentages than one would expect.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I went back and forth on it. My current Surface is pretty much only good for watching stuff now, so I was debating getting another Surface or getting an Android tablet. But now that grad school is likely, I started looking at Surfaces. I was looking at the Surface Go, but then when I saw a Pro was available at that price, I went for it.

Probably will use a rewards certificate to buy a pen for my Ultrabook and then I'll be set. Accounting program after all...
I’m seeing a new iPad in my future. It’s getting a bit snarky. Maybe tomorrow

21stamps

That's a gaacckkk right there. It's like she's trying to "buy" her way to love from her son. That kid will never be taught the value of money and work, and it's all her fault. (Not to mention, she's still copying everything you get for T?!! Too bad she can't grasp the fact that if something is for T, it's for a specific reason, and not just given to him on a whim--or as an excuse to keep buying the kid something.) :facepalm: I really feel bad for that kid of hers. He'll be very unprepared for the real world ahead of him.

It’s so weird because really she’s always nice, our boys’ are such good friends.. but it’s like- can you get something that T doesn’t have or want?
Maybe in this scenario the boy did ask for those shoes specifically after seeing T’s at the game last week.. I don’t know. I do know that I posted about the shoes on FB back when we bought them.. the shop has an area with turf where you can “test” shoes and/or a ball to see how they feel. He was juggling and then kicking saying “oh yeah, these are epic, my touch is improving from the second I put them on. I’m totally feelin’ like Ronaldo. I’m going to master the double stepover in these shoes!”
It was funny, and cute..(double stepover is a move that he just hasn’t been able to execute well) so I took a photo of his excitement and wrote about it. I understand that friends like to have what their friends have.. but in this case it’s just one thing after another.. after another. It just seems off.

I feel so petty that it bothers me, but it does.

21stamps

Sounds good!

For Black Friday, I mailed a box at the UPS store. Then I went to the cleaners to pick up a few suits. Then I bought groceries. No presents were bought today. ;)

Tomorrow, I'll head down to my favorite little community book/gift shop to buy a few things. :)

This sounds really nice.

I went to Dicks last night, and on their website multiple times tonight.. T needs a full set of golf clubs now, they’re having a great sale.. but I haven’t bought them, and sale ends tonight. I think I’ll hold off and see if another set goes on sale before April. Hoping that’s not a mistake!

Oh, I also went to Sephora and bought presents for my mom.. she’s the only one I’ve bought for so far. Wait, I did go to Starbucks and buy some gifts as well.

Songbird76

Work ticked me off last night. It was busy, which we expected, but the shift manager is somewhat new to the company and hasn't gotten the feel of ordering patterns yet. We have a guarantee that anything ordered before 10:30 pm will be delivered the next day. We have to work until at least 11, and if we don't get all those orders done, we have to stay longer. But the majority of people wait until the kids are in bed, and then get on the computer to order, so it starts to get busier after 9, and then the last hour is always the busiest. The shift manager sends 6 people home at 8 because "We're keeping up just fine!" Yeah....we are....BEFORE the busiest time. :facepalm: So what happens? It gets busier, and at 11 when we should be walking out the door, we're still starting new orders! 11:05 and I got a cart with 34 items to get...that takes at least 15 minutes if I'm walking as fast as I can, and then sill has to be packed.

Then people were being idiots. I'm trying to move empty carts back upstairs so they can be used again, and those things are HEAVY...they'll leave a bruise if you get hit, and they'll gash open your feet if you're not careful. So I'm pulling 2 of these big carts through and it makes some noise...you really can't miss it...and this woman steps RIGHT in front of me and there's no way I can slow down. She just kind of laughs like it's no big deal. And then another girl stands right smack in the pathway waiting for ME to move. I've got nowhere to go. I have to get around this corner with the carts, there's stuff on the other side of the aisle, so I can't make a wider arc, and this girl just stands there waiting for me to go around her...what...I'm supposed to go THROUGH the shelves? Just take 2 steps to the side and wait for 5 seconds, and you'll have all the room in the world.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have a lot of patience, but it was ALL used up last night. And now I'm grouchy and have a choir fundraiser to go to.:arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom