The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Work ticked me off last night. It was busy, which we expected, but the shift manager is somewhat new to the company and hasn't gotten the feel of ordering patterns yet. We have a guarantee that anything ordered before 10:30 pm will be delivered the next day. We have to work until at least 11, and if we don't get all those orders done, we have to stay longer. But the majority of people wait until the kids are in bed, and then get on the computer to order, so it starts to get busier after 9, and then the last hour is always the busiest. The shift manager sends 6 people home at 8 because "We're keeping up just fine!" Yeah....we are....BEFORE the busiest time. :facepalm: So what happens? It gets busier, and at 11 when we should be walking out the door, we're still starting new orders! 11:05 and I got a cart with 34 items to get...that takes at least 15 minutes if I'm walking as fast as I can, and then sill has to be packed.

Then people were being idiots. I'm trying to move empty carts back upstairs so they can be used again, and those things are HEAVY...they'll leave a bruise if you get hit, and they'll gash open your feet if you're not careful. So I'm pulling 2 of these big carts through and it makes some noise...you really can't miss it...and this woman steps RIGHT in front of me and there's no way I can slow down. She just kind of laughs like it's no big deal. And then another girl stands right smack in the pathway waiting for ME to move. I've got nowhere to go. I have to get around this corner with the carts, there's stuff on the other side of the aisle, so I can't make a wider arc, and this girl just stands there waiting for me to go around her...what...I'm supposed to go THROUGH the shelves? Just take 2 steps to the side and wait for 5 seconds, and you'll have all the room in the world.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have a lot of patience, but it was ALL used up last night. And now I'm grouchy and have a choir fundraiser to go to.:arghh:
Sympathy like. Sounds like some jammie and movie time should be in your near future

Figgy1

Premium Member
Work ticked me off last night. It was busy, which we expected, but the shift manager is somewhat new to the company and hasn't gotten the feel of ordering patterns yet. We have a guarantee that anything ordered before 10:30 pm will be delivered the next day. We have to work until at least 11, and if we don't get all those orders done, we have to stay longer. But the majority of people wait until the kids are in bed, and then get on the computer to order, so it starts to get busier after 9, and then the last hour is always the busiest. The shift manager sends 6 people home at 8 because "We're keeping up just fine!" Yeah....we are....BEFORE the busiest time. :facepalm: So what happens? It gets busier, and at 11 when we should be walking out the door, we're still starting new orders! 11:05 and I got a cart with 34 items to get...that takes at least 15 minutes if I'm walking as fast as I can, and then sill has to be packed.

Then people were being idiots. I'm trying to move empty carts back upstairs so they can be used again, and those things are HEAVY...they'll leave a bruise if you get hit, and they'll gash open your feet if you're not careful. So I'm pulling 2 of these big carts through and it makes some noise...you really can't miss it...and this woman steps RIGHT in front of me and there's no way I can slow down. She just kind of laughs like it's no big deal. And then another girl stands right smack in the pathway waiting for ME to move. I've got nowhere to go. I have to get around this corner with the carts, there's stuff on the other side of the aisle, so I can't make a wider arc, and this girl just stands there waiting for me to go around her...what...I'm supposed to go THROUGH the shelves? Just take 2 steps to the side and wait for 5 seconds, and you'll have all the room in the world.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have a lot of patience, but it was ALL used up last night. And now I'm grouchy and have a choir fundraiser to go to.:arghh:
Sympathy like. Sounds like some jammie and movie time should be in your near future

MySmallWorldof4

I think Apple doesn't understand their market as well as they should. The smartphone market has been less innovative in the past few years than it was. Before, the new iPhones would be progressively better and better and better. Now, the phones have been upgraded as far as speed and memory, and the resolution might be better, but the features offered on the newer devices are basically the same as previous generations, minus decisions like removing the headphone jack, which were more irksome to consumers than anything.

So Apple decides to come out with the X, a vastly different iPhone. It is supposedly the most powerful iPhone ever, but it comes with a hefty price tag. So hefty that anyone besides the loyal Apple fanboys don't see anything except the hefty pricetag. Not to mention that the hefty pricetag hasn't righted any of the previous complaints about iPhones (ie. short battery life, screens breaking very easily). Consumers then get very hesitant to shell out the money for something that history tells them will break within two years. They don't see the value in it.

Meanwhile, you have brands like Samsung and LG that have excellent battery life and that are water resistant. I've dropped my LG in the bathtub several times and it still works exactly the same as before.

In my opinion, I think that Apple should focus on improving their battery life and durability first and stop trying to nickle and dime their consumers by forcing them to buy add ons (like a headphone adapter because they got rid of the jack!) and then focus on being actually innovative.
My tech geekie ds will agree with you on this, which is why this summer when we got him his first phone he wanted a Samsung and not Apple even though dh, oldest dd, and I all have iphones. Dh and I are quite happy with the 7 plus and if we got another would probably go no higher then an 8. You are correct. The prices are just too high. I have been lucky in that my phone has not given me issues in the few years I have had it. So for now, no new phone.

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like. Hope the fundraiser is fun.

Songbird76

It's going to be an early to bed night tonight for sure. I had to get up this morning for the choir fundraiser, and I have to work all day tomorrow. (I'm actually hoping I won't have to work the whole day....we don't usually work weekends, and this is only because of the Black Friday sale and then Sinterklaas and Christmas coming up...but if we have enough people and get everything done that's in the system, I'm hoping they'll send us home early.)
I'm sorry to have vented on here, but I was just so frustrated! There was one girl who had gotten some really bad news about her MIL and had wanted to stay home with her husband, but couldn't find anyone to take her shift. So I was glad for her that she got to go home early. I even checked with the manager when I heard he was sending people home to make sure she was one of them. But it was frustrating that the rest of us had to work late and work our tails off at the end so that those other 5 people could have the night off for nothing. Even if only one or 2 of those people had stayed, we would have been done on time.

Songbird76

Sympathy like. Hope the fundraiser is fun.
Thanks...it wasn't TOO bad. We were going door to door selling kruidenoten. They are like tiny little gingerbread type cookies, like twice the size of a chocolate chip. The first part didn't go so well, but we managed to sell every bag we had, and it was chilly out, but since we were walking, we didn't freeze. And now we don't have to do anything for another year. I hope.

I should say, too, that I really do like my shift manager at work. He's really nice and he always thanks you for what you do and he compliments you when you do something well. When I checked to make sure he had sent Miriam home, he told me I'm a good colleague to do that. He always has time for us, and he's always positive, etc....he just needs to gain some experience with the evenings so he doesn't make the mistake of sending too many people home, thinking it's going well. The other shift manager has been there for more than 10 years....he wouldn't have done that. He would have waited until the break, then maybe sent 2 people home, and if he had to send more home at 10, he would. But he would have made sure we had the busiest time covered first. I'm sure the newer one will get the knack, but it's frustrating to be one of the ones to pay the price for the rookie mistake.

Cesar R M

@StarWarsGirl or @Cesar R M , my sil has a Samsung phone and her kids now have one too. They keep getting her emails and she doesn’t want them to. But they fo need access to Google Play. Do you know how she can set up the phone so they don’t get her emails?
Create a new google account for them?

For androids the goggle account is key and links all programs automatically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom