The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

In the press release I didn't see the word organic but did see words such as any and all:mad::( I think I have every lettuce known to mankind in my house except romaine
I don't remember where I read it, but, the one I did see included organic in it. If they don't know what is causing it, I would think that it would be foolhardy to cross it off the possibility list.

Cesar R M

Heard about this tonight on the local news report. Part of the alert indicated that the bacteria (or whatever it was) was strong--and suggested that people who had any romaine in their fridges throw it out--AND to also clean down the vegetable bins and racks in the frig.

Never heard of that before--must be really bad. MA was one of the states affected. Heard some people (not sure which states) ended up hospitalized. Yikes.
Must be the new reported strain that is completely resistant to cleaners, antibiotics, etc..

donaldtoo

Nicely designed, but oh my that is expensive. That’s $500 per square foot!

Oh my, indeed!!!
I don’t care what the subject matter is, $500/sq. ft. (actually $485.29 ;)) for a wheeled, towable, poorly-themed (although, admittedly, I know pretty much zip about hp, the interior theming seems on point...?) plywood box is just...!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Heard about this tonight on the local news report. Part of the alert indicated that the bacteria (or whatever it was) was strong--and suggested that people who had any romaine in their fridges throw it out--AND to also clean down the vegetable bins and racks in the frig.

Never heard of that before--must be really bad. MA was one of the states affected. Heard some people (not sure which states) ended up hospitalized. Yikes.
Do you even know where your veggie bin is ;)

Songbird76

Good luck tonight, glad you're feeling better. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving over there?
Well, I came down with a cold overnight, but I'm not feeling too bad. That might change....I have to pick up DS and we have to walk home and drop my bike off at the repair shop on the way...it's going to be about a 5 mile trek, in the cold, so we'll see. But no, not really celebrating Thanksgiving. I forgot to set my availability in time, so by the time I realized Thanksgiving was coming up, the deadline had passed and I have to work. They also said no one can have Friday off because we're doing a black Friday sale. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

MySmallWorldof4

Some stuff I am planning are baked cauliflower hash browns, baked hushpuppies, brown rice stuffing, mushroom gravy, apple and cherry hand pies, and chocolate muffins.
@figmentfan423 , I had dh buy turnips at Wegman’s yesterday, and he also brought home purple sweet potatoes. I was thinking of turnip mashed potatoes or a root veggie “gratin” . Never tried purple ones before. Do they taste like the orange?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just saw a JCP commercial for their Black Friday sales...beginning at 2p Thursday...!!!!! :hilarious:
They made it all seem so homey and special and wonderful and sweet...!!!!! :inlove:

:bored::depressed::hungover::in pain:

;):)

Hmm. Unfamiliar with that company name?

But let me tell you, since last weekend, that's all I'm seeing on TV--Black Friday commercials for all kinds of businesses, from cars to widgets.

Saw something interesting on the early AM news this morning, suggesting people take advantage of the Black Friday specials because there may not be nearly as good markdowns prior to Christmas. The reason is that the Chinese tariffs are kicking in and manufacturers/stores will not be discounting as much as in previous years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom